Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #301
quattroman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Hey people. I haven't read this whole thread but I live in the area and would like to join on the rides. What's going on?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat
...it's not how long you last that counts, but how much 'living' you manage to cram into life before the inevitable.
quattroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #302
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGee View Post

A) With brewmanns permission I'll post the pm I sent him. I never say things privately that I'd be embarrassed or afraid to defend publicly.

Don't do it mang!

#4 under "The Big Rules"

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #303
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 889
Quote:
With brewmanns permission I'll post the pm I sent him. I never say things privately that I'd be embarrassed or afraid to defend publicly.

Do watcha need to do Larry, i have no dog in this fight.

I will state this though, unless you have full disclosure of everything that occured with the BOD and club leadership, which you might...I don't know...you may want to take that into consideration. There was a lot of shit that went down. Just to clarify, Harold wasn't the reason I left the position. He was the reason I tried to push more ADV guys to get involved. You see how well that "Dirty Dozen" thing is working out now as you posted "is it dead" ? Me thinks yes.

I was there BEFORE Hal was president. There was a reason he was asked to take over by the folks who realized the shit stirrers where running their exclusive little "fiefdom" that was stifling the "young blood" from wanting to be part of the club...myself included. I had no intention of renewing until he took over. If I hadn't been part of the leadership and exposed to the ridiculous bullshit, I would probably still be a member, not knowing any better and not caring.

brewmann screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 08:39 AM
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #304
tracvision
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Ok Harold...here you go again...

A) "club membership desertion theory" ? Those words never came out of my mouth (or keyboard). But it's not uncommon for you to make things up attack people personally when offended. With brewmanns permission I'll post the pm I sent him. I never say things privately that I'd be embarrassed or afraid to defend publicly.

What did you mean by Harolds out , Come on Back? Dosent that infer someone left. ?? Maybe we have a "failure to Communicate" ???

B) " Harold's out" - a true statement. You aren't the president of that club anymore are you? Nor did I make any suggestion that the "rank and file abandoned their post". Where did you come up with that? Oh, yeah. Made it up...

Read above

C) " the board is bound to find out the truth about Larry" - Really? Why don't you save them the trouble and just expose me. Give it your best shot. I promise I won't sue you for defamation or slander. I don't roll that way. I prefer to settle things man to man.

That's interesting, however, you seem to be choosing the keyboard as your settlement method.

The fact is, we have a new Prez AND he is well liked by the members. I don't know of one member who has anything negative to say about him. Can't say the the same thing for you...or me for that matter. We both have abrasive personalities. I know that about me. You sir, however, are in denial.

Agree: Fred is a great guy
Agree: You have an abrasive personality, especially when you are behind a keyboard. You never said diddly to my face. Read Above.

I think he will do a great job returning harmony to the club and I will do my best to reach out to guys and change the negative impression some people have about the club, in spite of your assertion that it is I who makes the club look bad....

Now that I've wasted 15 minutes of my life on you....all I will say is ...hasta la vista, baby...
You would be well served to "read" Brewmanns last post . He saw both sides and made his decisions . It was the club and most of the Board that came to me and asked for some hard changes. The club was almost non-existant when I took over. Most members think it was a change for the better. Ask around. You might find out that even you can be wrong. Vaya con Dios
tracvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #305
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
Do watcha need to do Larry, i have no dog in this fight.

I will state this though, unless you have full disclosure of everything that occured with the BOD and club leadership, which you might...I don't know...you may want to take that into consideration. There was a lot of shit that went down. Just to clarify, Harold wasn't the reason I left the position. He was the reason I tried to push more ADV guys to get involved. You see how well that "Dirty Dozen" thing is working out now as you posted "is it dead" ? Me thinks yes.

I was there BEFORE Hal was president. There was a reason he was asked to take over by the folks who realized the shit stirrers where running their exclusive little "fiefdom" that was stifling the "young blood" from wanting to be part of the club...myself included. I had no intention of renewing until he took over. If I hadn't been part of the leadership and exposed to the ridiculous bullshit, I would probably still be a member, not knowing any better and not caring.
I would never do anything ( as Dr. Z pointed out) that the parties involved didn't green light...

Again, I never said Harold was the reason you left. As you know an "exchange" requires 2 parties, not one.

It's hard to provide clarity in an email or post without writing a novel....

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #306
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Again, I never said Harold was the reason you left. As you know an "exchange" requires 2 parties, not one.
I was just clarifying as your original post was a little ambiguous and could have been interpreted as such. No worries.

And I have no issue with you posting the PM. That's what I meant. There is nothing there to hide. Not sure how that works with the Mods though.

brewmann screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 01:31 PM
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #307
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
I was just clarifying as your original post was a little ambiguous and could have been interpreted as such. No worries.

And I have no issue with you posting the PM. That's what I meant. There is nothing there to hide. Not sure how that works with the Mods though.
Exactly....

Apparently however, there is a rule #4 I follow rules when I know they exist...

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #308
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroman View Post
Hey people. I haven't read this whole thread but I live in the area and would like to join on the rides. What's going on?

Stay tuned here...most rides are announced..do you ride street dirt or both ?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #309
kairojya
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:

Welcome, I'm in Temple Terrace and new here too. I ride most weekends and usually post here about it.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #310
seatec
Dutch Transplant

Oddometer: 809
Quote:

Welkom
Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #311
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Keep an eye on this Regional Forum....only thing reqiuired is a sense of humor, even if you ride a BMW...lol
Old 10-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #312
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
Keep an eye on this Regional Forum....only thing reqiuired is a sense of humor, even if you ride a BMW...lol
That is not apparently standard equipment....
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #313
quattroman
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairojya View Post
Welcome, I'm in Temple Terrace and new here too. I ride most weekends and usually post here about it.
Temple Terrace? Me too! I ride daily. Black V-Strom 1000.

Quote:
...it's not how long you last that counts, but how much 'living' you manage to cram into life before the inevitable.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #314
quattroman
Adventurer

Quote:
mostly street, but I want to get her more dirty.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #315
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
mostly street, but I want to get her more dirty.

Right now, everybody is jacked up with riding FTR & hunting....we're trying to get another South Florida Wanker ride going, but the consenus was to wait a couple more weeks as it is still hotter than balls in South Florida....plus the squares are still under water....

The lunch rides will soon be appearing though I'm sure.. (redwing Sunday anybody ?)