ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,224
What should be legal... Search for dirt bike forum and get a list of them all

What should be ILLEGAL... and it is NOT... Search for ADV and get ThumperTalk

Thats my only gripe. When you search specifically on my CO NAME or my registered TRADEMARK I don't think my competitors should get slots 2,3,4,5 next to me.

I pay for 1000s of search descriptors... but being no. one in my slot my cheap ass competition only pays for two key words... my name and my trademark. They are creating nothing... just pilfering my business. I create the demand and they just steal from my ad work. So YES they are scum.

If the search companies won't act ethically then the scum bag politicians should put it into law.

Anyone that ever built a business and worked for themselves would understand this. Well unless you suck and the only way you can compete is by paying a guy in a monkey suit waving your banner to stand in front of your competitors shop

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #17
lynch180
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Old lurker, new poster......
I came across this a while back and thought that it was strange that I could not find a company I was looking for online.
Defo needs to be stopped!!!

Thanks to all the ADV members for all the valuable info over the years
I need to start giving back............
lynch180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #18
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
fixed

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 08:02 PM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #19
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
fixed

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 08:01 PM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #20
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabinoid View Post
Land of the scam, home of the fee. Brought to you by corrupt lawyers which are elected into office by.........you?
WTF does an ad placed on Google have to do with elected politicians????
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #21
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
If the search companies won't act ethically then the scum bag politicians should put it into law.

Anyone that ever built a business and worked for themselves would understand this. Well unless you suck and the only way you can compete is by paying a guy in a monkey suit waving your banner to stand in front of your competitors shop
Since you have a government granted trademark and want more government action to stop your competitors, just make sure you don't ever claim you built it all by yourself, okay? (If your competitor is a scumbag, I'm not seeing how that is the government's fault.)
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
Since you have a government granted trademark and want more government action to stop your competitors, just make sure you don't ever claim you built it all by yourself, okay? (If your competitor is a scumbag, I'm not seeing how that is the government's fault.)
Don't be an idiot... I don't want Gov to do a damn thing to my competitors. I want simple laws that stop assholes from using MY name to lure in my clients to their website. It's right, fair and ethical. Compete with me all day long. Just don't use MY name to do it.

"Stand up and compete you damn cowards" is all I am saying. I guess I expect fellow Amricans to behave a little better than China. Sorry you don't get that.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #23
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Don't be an idiot... I don't want Gov to do a damn thing to my competitors. I want simple laws that stop assholes from using MY name to lure in my clients to their website. It's right, fair and ethical. Compete with me all day long. Just don't use MY name to do it.

"Stand up and compete you damn cowards" is all I am saying. I guess I expect fellow Amricans to behave a little better than China. Sorry you don't get that.
You can't have the govt step in and tell google how to run their webpage. No one forces anyone to use it. It is used by choice.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #24
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Limits View Post
You can't have the govt step in and tell google how to run their webpage. No one forces anyone to use it. It is used by choice.
What product did you design, build and market that feeds your family and your employees & their families... cause I'd like to sick my SEO guys on your corp name and legal trademarks for pennies what you spend to advertise... take 10-20-30% of your market share using YOUR legal names and see what you say then.

With all the STUPID laws on the books you'd begrudge a man the protection of his own name from misuse by unethical predators. These rules already exist for the internet. Coke cannot use Pepsi's name in their web site's meta tags as keywords for this very reason... so search engines don't mistakenly display Coke when you are searching for Pepsi.

It is simply a loophole because Congess is too stupid to handle common sense legislation in the cyber world that would extend this rule to search engine companies who charge a fee for this same unethical misdirection.

It's the same as Yellow Pages selling space in YOUR ad for your competitor's phone number. An Ad you paid them for.

"When you talk about what you don't know... it shows" ~ Bolt

Guests are encouraged.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #25
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,382
Thanks for the post up, will be renting from Dubbelju....