ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #16
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,194
i have friends in the park city area and they talk about how strong the homebrew culture is there. basicly alot of non-mormons moved in for the area and dealt with the weak beer issue by brewing there own.

i would imagine it's the same in moab, but being closer to colorado i'm sure plenty just have a 2nd fridge and stock up or even better have a kegarator of your fav. plus a well stocked bar of hootch. the moab brewery is always there if you want to grab a beer just to BS with the locals.

there were 2 solid mining towns in utah's history that grew up with looser laws & people: moab and park city.

st george, on the other hand, is much more mormon influenced. there is a solid mtb community influence in that area that is non-mormon and has moved in. in the winter alot of RVrs move in from all over, but they may keep to themself. overall the party good times vibe is less there than PC or Moab. there is also a college - dixie state, but it's mormon one so a wild night is passing cookies between moving cars, unlike most every other college in the country where you have jello shots, beer bongs, smoking fatties and twerking. my buddy did tell me about a crazy story from talking with this younger mormon chick. they can't have sex till they're married, but i guess that the back door doesn't count in the church rule/law so...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350

eakins screwed with this post 10-31-2013 at 02:56 PM
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,334
I absolutely love Moab, weather is definitely variable. Last year in late September it was cold and windy, but during Thanksgiving the days were perfect mid 60s+.

The recreational possibilities there are endless, I think you could hit a different trail everyday for a year and not see half of what's there.

Do you need to work? If so, there's not much in the way of industry in Moab. Mostly hospitality, retail and maybe a few Bicycle and Jeep mechanic jobs. If you telecommute or are retired you're golden.

Although I'm not 100% convinced I could live IN Moab UT, I think the place might lose some of its' magic if I were there all the time. You could easily live on the Western Slope of Colorado and enjoy Moab at it's best in Spring and Fall, while having cooler Summers in CO and participate in some snow sports in the winter.

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote