ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
wyobohunter OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wyobohunter's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Oddometer: 417
Who rides... Southwest Wyoming?

I'm interested in hooking up with someone to ride with in Southwest Wyoming (Sweetwater County). Most of my OR experience is on smaller dirt bikes/dualsports. I now have an F800GS and do not consider myself a complete beginner but I'm certainly no expert either. I'd like to find a riding partner that I will not slow down too much so if your an avid haul ass kinda person we may not be a good fit.
wyobohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyobohunter View Post
I'm interested in hooking up with someone to ride with in Southwest Wyoming (Sweetwater County). Most of my OR experience is on smaller dirt bikes/dualsports. I now have an F800GS and do not consider myself a complete beginner but I'm certainly no expert either. I'd like to find a riding partner that I will not slow down too much so if your an avid haul ass kinda person we may not be a good fit.
Are you looking for day rides or overnight expeditions...riding out of GR or RS or somewhere in which direction. It's getting late season for the high desert and a lot of folks have moved south.....
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
Cowboy
Ceteris non Paribus
 
Cowboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Elizabeth, Colorado
Oddometer: 3,269
I love to ride that part of the state. Trouble is, I like riding all the other parts too, so I don't get to the southwest as much as I'd like.

I've done a couple ride reports for trips to adobe town that might give you some ideas, though. There's nothing particularly rough out there, and lots of pleasant scenery for a slower rider.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ght=adobe+town

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ght=adobe+town

Someday I'd like to go explore the area around Superior, east of Rock Springs. I find the landscape there intriguing for some reason.
__________________

Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
wyobohunter OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wyobohunter's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
Someday I'd like to go explore the area around Superior, east of Rock Springs. I find the landscape there intriguing for some reason.
It is a great area, its been several years but I've done a bit of exploring/hunting there.

FYI I don't ride like a grandma ;-)

Just don't haul ass either. I was just hoping to find someone local that rides an ADV style bike. Most of my friends ride wheelers, I can go with them but it isn't the best fit.

I currently ride solo almost exclusively which is fine (better than not riding) but I think it would be better to ride with someone else.
wyobohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
falconspeed10
Adventurer
 
falconspeed10's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: NW Wyoming
Oddometer: 53
Red Desert

Spent three field seasons studying Prairie Falcons out there. Magical place. Feels like a different planet, maybe Tatooine. Lots of good riding, petroglyphs, canyons, wildlife, history...

If I can pick up a Uly I will be running around out there. Love to watch the falcon do their mating flights..put the F22 to shame.
falconspeed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
zpooch
Adventurer
 
zpooch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Wyoming
Oddometer: 57
moving to Rock Springs in the next few weeks and will be wanting to do some local riding in the spring time. If you guys plan anything count me in
zpooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
nwcolorider
NWCOLO
 
nwcolorider's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Craig Colorado
Oddometer: 2,417
I am in Caig Co. and ride that 3 corners area a bunch Awesome views, critters and history.
__________________
Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice.
Will Durant
http://nyoast.weebly.com/
nwcolorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
zpooch
Adventurer
 
zpooch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Wyoming
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcolorider View Post
I am in Caig Co. and ride that 3 corners area a bunch Awesome views, critters and history.
I've ridden a lot of the area on my Speed Triple and even some unintentional dirt on 318 out of Maybell when it crosses into Utah. I'd like to learn some of the dirt in the area. I'll be looking for my dual sport ride this winter.
zpooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #9
nwcolorider
NWCOLO
 
nwcolorider's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Craig Colorado
Oddometer: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpooch View Post
I've ridden a lot of the area on my Speed Triple and even some unintentional dirt on 318 out of Maybell when it crosses into Utah. I'd like to learn some of the dirt in the area. I'll be looking for my dual sport ride this winter.

You want dirt! There is some awesome dirt west of Maybell. Checkout last May's Dino ride thread!
__________________
Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice.
Will Durant
http://nyoast.weebly.com/
nwcolorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #10
wyobohunter OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wyobohunter's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Oddometer: 417
Who rides... Southwest Wyoming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpooch View Post
moving to Rock Springs in the next few weeks and will be wanting to do some local riding in the spring time. If you guys plan anything count me in
Send a message when you get here. We could look for a nice day and go for a run.

Edit- just noticed you have street bikes. Planning to get a dual sport or adventure bike?
wyobohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #11
zpooch
Adventurer
 
zpooch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Wyoming
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyobohunter View Post
Send a message when you get here. We could look for a nice day and go for a run.

Edit- just noticed you have street bikes. Planning to get a dual sport or adventure bike?
Yes sir just sold my RC51 track bike to make room for a dual sport. Just looked at a XR650R but it was in motard form. Perfect for Houston, not so much for Wyoming when I already have my Speed Triple.
zpooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #12
wyobohunter OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wyobohunter's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Oddometer: 417
Who rides... Southwest Wyoming?

Nice, a guy at work is looking into a ds or adv... It'd be nice to get a few of us around here.

Moving to Rock Springs from Houston? Oil & Gas???
wyobohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #13
zpooch
Adventurer
 
zpooch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Wyoming
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyobohunter View Post
Nice, a guy at work is looking into a ds or adv... It'd be nice to get a few of us around here.

Moving to Rock Springs from Houston? Oil & Gas???
Yes, sir. I'd like to look at a drz 400 with plates if I can find a decent one.
zpooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
wyobohunter OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wyobohunter's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Oddometer: 417



Just sayin'
wyobohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #15
zpooch
Adventurer
 
zpooch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Wyoming
Oddometer: 57
where is that?
zpooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014