Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #226
mr. matteeanne
Bender can pass him

Oddometer: 14,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
melted into asphault (tampa) are brake pads, springs, coins, occaisionally a screwdriver/wrench, and a 2" trailer hitch ball. yep.

what i've found that was usable:
12" crescent wrench
pliars
zip ties
20$-30 in cash
endless cellphones (always around the corner from gas stations)
wallets
keys
bungie-cords
belts (wtf ?)
ear rings
a watch
socks
a cb radio
some kind of RF tester thing
on the rare really good day, 1/2 a joint
How much do you want for the socks? PM Sent
Old 09-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #227
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,350
recent find

1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #228
DaLunk
Confused and Bemused

Oddometer: 668
I found a kick start lever for a Kawasaki KH400 triple, something I desperately needed as mine had fallen off on that very stretch of road a few hours earlier. That was the day I learned the importance of going over the bike to make sure everything was tight.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #229
California
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 2,950
over time, I've found, and brought home,

120 quart coleman cooler, empty

4, or 5 moving blankets

a kids bouncy ball, the kind they sit on and hop around

green metal toolbox with a complete socket set. cheapo stuff, but handy

40lb bag of dog food

four cases of beer, obviously stashed. stacked em on the rear, strapped em down, and took em home.

Makita 90* cordless drill. The battery was missing, so I bought one and a charger and used it for years. Lost it somehow during the move to Tx.

A laundry bag full of t-shirts. Some I cleaned and wear, some are rags.

A hot bodied, not so cute chick, who offered a blow job for a ride. I was in my home town, where i'd lived for about 50 years, so I decided that declining the offer was the smart thing to do.....

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference
California is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #230
tvpierce
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
- 17mm box end wrench (cheapo, but fine)
- Pair of Snap-On pliers (nice... use them all the time)
- Various bungie chords
- Cordless LED mechanic's work light (nice)

"But I had the right of way!" makes a pretty crappy epitaph.
tvpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #231
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLunk View Post
I found a kick start lever for a Kawasaki KH400 triple, something I desperately needed as mine had fallen off on that very stretch of road a few hours earlier. That was the day I learned the importance of going over the bike to make sure everything was tight.
LOL - nice!
C/1/509 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #232
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,350
Found yesterday.

1/4 drive craftman extension. A little scuffed, but still smooth all around! going into the tool kit!

1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #233
ArmyStrong
6F

Oddometer: 131
A passenger.
ArmyStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #234
CharlesLathe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
I've found lots of stuff including Channelock pliers, but a few years ago in Florida, I saw a twenty on the side of the road and clamped the binders. When I went back for it, I saw more of them. I must have picked up six or eight before I saw the wallet. Danged if it wasn't stuffed with money, but it also had a driver's license so I dropped it all off at the next cop shop.

I still have most of the tools I've found, but one nice stainless steel carpenter's square had a name inscribed on it and I found the guy in the phone book. No kidding, they were putting the last load into a trailer and moving. If I had waited one day before calling, I'd still have that square.
CharlesLathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #235
scmopar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp4073 View Post
recent find

Now that's a HAMMER💪
Old 10-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #236
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 3,097
I found a 10 mm wrench went through a rear tire sidewall.

When I lived in Whistler my Irish Wolfhound came running up to me on a walk with a whirring/clicking noise going on in her mouth. I pried open the jaws of hell to find a small grey camera bag, with a small minolta inside and the dog's teeth were squeezing on the battery powered camera release.

I did the one hour photo and had a roll of photos of a Japanese couple (clothed) with the inside of a dog's mouth for the last few frames.I took it to the RCMP with the photos, the guy behind the desk said. Keep the camera and i will keep the photos, I will call you if they show up. I used that camera for quite a few years

I walked out of my house years ago in Toronto and saw a binocular case sitting on the street. with a nice set of Carl Zeiss 10x50 Binoculars. I gave those to a friend a few years ago when they bought a cabin.

Best find again in Whistler. Asshat in a 10 ton reefer truck is tailgating me in a 20 zone, he sees a clear spot and does a double line pass around me ,of course he has to wildly swerve back in to avoid a head on. His back door of his truck swings open and a big box flies out. I swerve around it and stop, as i had noticed that the box landed full and something is now poking out the side.

The torn box holds two dozen 5-7 pound AAA Prime racks of lamb. We load them in the truck asap. toss the torn box in the back and fill our freezer, our neighbors freezer (we had a key) and had Sunday Rack of Lamb dinners for the whole winter.

Each Rack fed 4-6 people. Incidentally, the Chateau Whistler didn't have lamb on the menu for a week.

Best part of story, after we got all the lamb stashed we went out to get mint sauce and veggies for dinner, and there were 3 big Dogs sniffing and licking the road where the lamb box had hit. A few had split open on impact and had apparently dripped blood on the road.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #237
tlub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
too weird, but true.

Way back in 1977, I had just moved to Riverside, CA to go to grad school. I had brought all my stuff, including my R75/5, in a pickup truck from Champaign, IL. My gearshift rubber protector had snagged on something while unloading the bike, tore off, and I was left with a bare lever. The next day, while running to K-Mart, I was stopped in the middle turn lane, waiting for traffic to clear to turn left, and happened to look down. There by my left foot was a brand new, never been used, still in the talc, gearshift rubber for a BMW! I reached down, picked it up, and it is still on the bike almost 40 years later. I still remember today, as if it were yesterday, seeing that thing sitting in the road! What a coincidence!
tlub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:32 AM   #238
H P Zwei
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlub View Post
Way back in 1977, I had just moved to Riverside, CA to go to grad school. I had brought all my stuff, including my R75/5, in a pickup truck from Champaign, IL. My gearshift rubber protector had snagged on something while unloading the bike, tore off, and I was left with a bare lever. The next day, while running to K-Mart, I was stopped in the middle turn lane, waiting for traffic to clear to turn left, and happened to look down. There by my left foot was a brand new, never been used, still in the talc, gearshift rubber for a BMW! I reached down, picked it up, and it is still on the bike almost 40 years later. I still remember today, as if it were yesterday, seeing that thing sitting in the road! What a coincidence!
Sure that didn't rattle out of your pant leg
H P Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #239
tlub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by H P Zwei View Post
Sure that didn't rattle out of your pant leg
Nope-The old one was torn in half. I did even know where yet to buy one. I knew Brown's was out there somewhere, but it was about 25 miles away. It was actually for a /6 (more rectangular) compared to the /5 (more rounded) but once the /6 variety came out, /5 versions were not stocked. It pretty darn strange. And handy.
tlub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:49 AM   #240
dogon2whls
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
good story '310 . . .

whistler , that's my hometown .
dogon2whls is offline   Reply With Quote