ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #9031
MCCOYBOY
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Swanton, MD
Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskajeff View Post
MOST of the time... but in some applications
"The sum of the parts is worth more than the whole"
I've seen vehicles and bikes being parted out that have fetched more $$ than they would have if sold as a unit. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's a break even, and sometimes you get a headache.
Exactly. It's worth more in parts and I'll use some of the parts I had on it for my next project. Alaskajeff you have a PM.
MCCOYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #9032
XRider
Almost Lifelike
 
XRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskajeff View Post
Is the Electrosport ESG413 a reliable stator? Has anyone had any experience with them? I'm looking for something to run my 8" dual lights a little better, but not break the bank. I know it's not a Ricky Stator but..............
http://www.electrosport.com/dirt-bik...er-2x100w.html

Dual sports and dirt bikes are what I do for a living so I really hate slamming a manufacturer on a forum like this. Having said that, I've never had any luck with the E-sport stators. Pay now or pay later, get a Ricky or a BD re-wind.
__________________
XR650R Plated Supermoto
XR628R Plated and highly modified
CR500R Still rips after all these beers
RZ350L Kenny Roberts Special
BMW 1150GS It's like ridding a Barkalounger

XRider screwed with this post 10-31-2013 at 12:06 AM
XRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #9033
XRider
Almost Lifelike
 
XRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
So it turns out that it's not the master cylinder. The brake lines are rusted through. Only $299.00 for a full stainless steel replacement kit plus $25.00 for shipping and a three week wait.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mc Dude, you know I'm a Galfer dealer right?
__________________
XR650R Plated Supermoto
XR628R Plated and highly modified
CR500R Still rips after all these beers
RZ350L Kenny Roberts Special
BMW 1150GS It's like ridding a Barkalounger
XRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:08 AM   #9034
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Royal Club's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskajeff View Post
Is the Electrosport ESG413 a reliable stator? Has anyone had any experience with them? I'm looking for something to run my 8" dual lights a little better, but not break the bank. I know it's not a Ricky Stator but..............
http://www.electrosport.com/dirt-bik...er-2x100w.html
I have that one, using a 55/60w halogen bulb its a bit flickery on idle, but anything above that its strong and bright
__________________
Royal Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:33 AM   #9035
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcma111's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco,Ca.
Oddometer: 11,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRider View Post
Mc Dude, you know I'm a Galfer dealer right?

They make Ford brake line kits??
__________________
Steve in SF

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #9036
Elvis!
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oddometer: 49
How much wattage do i have on a standard stator? I have the DK model, the one with the fully winded stator.

Wich is the "bigger" bulb i can use with it? Thanks.
Elvis! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #9037
XRider
Almost Lifelike
 
XRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
They make Ford brake line kits??

Oops, nope. I guess I should have read the first post.
__________________
XR650R Plated Supermoto
XR628R Plated and highly modified
CR500R Still rips after all these beers
RZ350L Kenny Roberts Special
BMW 1150GS It's like ridding a Barkalounger
XRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #9038
MCCOYBOY
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Swanton, MD
Oddometer: 99
usd forks

What would a setup be worth? I've got a crf450 im parting out and I was debating if it would be worth ordering an Emig Racing stem and building a bolt on setup and offering it as a ready to bolt on package deal that included the wheel, front brakes, forks, triple clamps and Emig Racing stem pressed into the triples.
MCCOYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:47 AM   #9039
RoostMaster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: MelbVagas
Oddometer: 225
With all that ready to go (forks alone $350)... surley not less than $500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCOYBOY View Post
What would a setup be worth? I've got a crf450 im parting out and I was debating if it would be worth ordering an Emig Racing stem and building a bolt on setup and offering it as a ready to bolt on package deal that included the wheel, front brakes, forks, triple clamps and Emig Racing stem pressed into the triples.
RoostMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #9040
MCCOYBOY
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Swanton, MD
Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoostMaster View Post
With all that ready to go (forks alone $350)... surley not less than $500.
Well I have the parts to build 2 kits. I would shorten the forks internally to match the Xr600 axle center to fork top length so the geometry of the bike remains accurate. I would also install the correct fork springs for the riders weight and valve the forks because the stock CRF forks are too harsh unless using the X model forks. I was thinking $600 give or take.
MCCOYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #9041
RoostMaster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: MelbVagas
Oddometer: 225
How does one go about shortening the forks internally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCOYBOY View Post
Well I have the parts to build 2 kits. I would shorten the forks internally to match the Xr600 axle center to fork top length so the geometry of the bike remains accurate. I would also install the correct fork springs for the riders weight and valve the forks because the stock CRF forks are too harsh unless using the X model forks. I was thinking $600 give or take.
RoostMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #9042
MCCOYBOY
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Swanton, MD
Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoostMaster View Post
How does one go about shortening the forks internally?
By installing a spacer on the back side of the closed chamber cartridge rod. Then you install 480mm springs and end up with 8mm of spring preload which is what I've found works best for the heavy xr.
MCCOYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #9043
RoostMaster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: MelbVagas
Oddometer: 225
Clever chap ! ta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCOYBOY View Post
By installing a spacer on the back side of the closed chamber cartridge rod. Then you install 480mm springs and end up with 8mm of spring preload which is what I've found works best for the heavy xr.
RoostMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #9044
jgraham
\m/etalhead
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Mesa AZ
Oddometer: 15
Talking



1st real ride on my XR this past weekend. 120 miles RT solo out Apache trail and back home over Four Peaks via El Oso.
__________________
-Jon
76 BMW R90/6
00 Honda XR600

jgraham screwed with this post 11-04-2013 at 12:58 PM
jgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #9045
Callahan
Beastly Adventurer
 
Callahan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Pacific Rim
Oddometer: 1,179
Camping give aways coming soon.
You need to "Dibs" it (them) here and then also PM me. You must do both.
I am giving this stuff away but you pay the shipping.
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014