Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
lildrling OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Trans-Continental Mambo

Hello Adventurers!

Adam and I (I'm Jenn, by the way) left the comforts of our home (well, really it was my parents' home) for life on the road approximately 10 days ago. We left our apartment in the city, quit our jobs, and headed out with an approximate plan to reach Ushuaia at the tip of South America, at some point in the future. Africa would also be a nice venture, but we will have to see where we are when we get to that point.

We are travelling on two DR650s, which has been my choice for bike since I entered the world of dual-sports. Adam has migrated from a KLR, which he rode to Buenos Aires from Toronto approximately 3 years ago. The DR is a little lighter and the benefits of having the same bike outweighed taking 2 different bikes.

We are currently in San Angelo, Texas - halted by pesky engine issues that surfaced in Little Rock, Arkansas and have come to a head here - trying to come up with the best plan for repairing the bike that won't blow our budget. It has made crossing the USA take a little longer than we expected, but we are optimistic that we will get the issue sorted out and be on our way soon!

We hope that you will check out our travel blog (it's still in its early days) at: www.t-c-mambo.ca

We don't have too many photos up yet, but here's one of me with the packed bikes at our hotel in Columbus, Ohio on a chilly morning - brrr!

Thanks for following along and hope to see you on the road!

lildrling screwed with this post 11-02-2013 at 08:08 AM
lildrling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
j2beers
Taxpayer

Oddometer: 40
The first of many overcome hurdles

Good luck, folks

I know you will overcome the current, engine issues and all future hurdles that you encounter on your adventure. You are going to have a great time. Enjoy it all.
j2beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
lildrling OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Thank you, j2beers! The generosity from the Texas motorcycle community has been overwhelming - many people have offered to help us out in a great variety of ways

Faith in humanity, restored.
lildrling is offline   Reply With Quote