ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #331
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway View Post
E-certification is not enforced with such rigeur as in Germany elsewhere in Europe.

Here in Norway it's not even a subject for scrutiny.

The German TUV technical regulations for motorcycle acessories are among the strictest worldwide - but also unique for Germany so far - as far as I know here from a Norwegian perspective.
Thanks for adding this. There are more M2's in Scandinavia than anywhere else over there and I was wondering why this issue had not been raised before. There are 5 that I know of in Germany, but perhaps the inspectors think the M2 is OEM !

Anyway, I'll look into it anyway and report back here.

Thanks

Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #332
OnkelPopanz
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway View Post
E-certification is not enforced with such rigeur as in Germany elsewhere in Europe.

Here in Norway it's not even a subject for scrutiny.

The German TUV technical regulations for motorcycle acessories are among the strictest worldwide - but also unique for Germany so far - as far as I know here from a Norwegian perspective.
Well you're right, the TÜV is quite strict and the police maybe as well.

On the other hand is Norway not part of the EU. Maybe this is the reason of not needing an E-Sign there?
OnkelPopanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #333
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?
 
F650Dakar_Norway's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Norway, Scandinavia
Oddometer: 960
The German ABE ( Allgemeiner Betriebs Erlaubnis ) rules are known to be more strict and rigorously enforced than any other EU or non-EU countries.

This dates back to several seventies vintage high speed autobahn accidents with aftermarket fairings on early Gold Wings and other brands at elevated speeds.

As we know - most other countries don't have free speed autobahns - hence also a less restrictive aftermarket equipment approval regime than Germany.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 4
__________________
Norway
Current stable:
2010 BMW F800GS
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #334
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway View Post
The German ABE ( Allgemeiner Betriebs Erlaubnis ) rules are known to be more strict and rigorously enforced than any other EU or non-EU countries.

This dates back to several seventies vintage high speed autobahn accidents with aftermarket fairings on early Gold Wings and other brands at elevated speeds.

As we know - most other countries don't have free speed autobahns - hence also a less restrictive aftermarket equipment approval regime than Germany.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 4
Well, you learn something new every day

Many thanks

Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #335
OnkelPopanz
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway View Post
The German ABE ( Allgemeiner Betriebs Erlaubnis ) rules are known to be more strict and rigorously enforced than any other EU or non-EU countries.
(...)
Well, in other EU - Countries there are the same rules. Maybe the authorities of some countries are not so interested in these rules. ;)
OnkelPopanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #336
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnkelPopanz View Post
Well, in other EU - Countries there are the same rules. Maybe the authorities of some countries are not so interested in these rules. ;)
'Hmm. We could open up all sorts of 'politically incorrect' discussions here, which is probably not a good idea ! However, this is my take on EU laws from what I can see from over here :

Germany - Laws are created for a reason and should be adhered to !
Brits ( of which I am one !) - Don't like any EU laws!
Fr....... - Know the laws and decide which ones suit and ignore which ones don't !
Gr ....... - What's an EU Law ?

Couldn't resist it !

Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #337
dsmvault
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 3
White bike: white or black fairing?

Anyone with a (preferably 2013 ) white F800GS with white fairing/clear screen would care to post some pics?

Currently torn between white fairing/clear screen and black fairing/clear screen :-/

Thanks in advance!
dsmvault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #338
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmvault View Post
Anyone with a (preferably 2013 ) white F800GS with white fairing/clear screen would care to post some pics?

Currently torn between white fairing/clear screen and black fairing/clear screen :-/

Thanks in advance!
Some photos here for you. Having seen both for real, I have to say I prefer the Black, it looks very sharp along with all the other black bits on the bike. The White can look a bit "too much white" I think, but it's all in the 'beholder' of course.

The main thing is get one or the other !!

Cheers Ian





__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #339
dsmvault
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 3
Black it is!

Counting the days!
dsmvault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #340
mmmmbeeeeer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 30
anyone tried on an F800GS Adventure?

I'm currently tossing up between upgrading my KLR to a Tiger 800xc or an F800GS Adventure.

One of the things I don't really like about the GSA is the windscreen and I'd be seriously thinking about swapping it for a Mirage 2 if it fits.

Looking at the mountings, it seems like they are the same and the bar that supports the OEM screen looks like it can be removed without any ill effects.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried fitting a Mirage 2 to an 800GSA?

Thanks!

Pete
mmmmbeeeeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #341
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmbeeeeer View Post
I'm currently tossing up between upgrading my KLR to a Tiger 800xc or an F800GS Adventure.

One of the things I don't really like about the GSA is the windscreen and I'd be seriously thinking about swapping it for a Mirage 2 if it fits.

Looking at the mountings, it seems like they are the same and the bar that supports the OEM screen looks like it can be removed without any ill effects.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried fitting a Mirage 2 to an 800GSA?

Thanks!

Pete
Nobody has fitted one yet to my knowledge, but I briefly looked at one and I don't see any issues. Even if there is some 'tweaks' needed, we will be doing one for it anyway and a friend of mine has just got one, so I'll be able to be more sure in a weeks time.

Cheers Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #342
mmmmbeeeeer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
Nobody has fitted one yet to my knowledge, but I briefly looked at one and I don't see any issues. Even if there is some 'tweaks' needed, we will be doing one for it anyway and a friend of mine has just got one, so I'll be able to be more sure in a weeks time.

Cheers Ian
Thanks Ian, will be very keen to hear how it goes.

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a F800GSA, so I'll be waiting to hear :-)

Cheers,

Pete
mmmmbeeeeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #343
dsmvault
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 3
Warranty issues?

I know this will vary wildly between dealers (and even countries!), but has anyone had any issues regarding warranty voidance due to the Mirages?

I scheduled my 10k inspection and service for february and was wondering if I should switch back to the original screen before that.

PS: I'm located in Rio de janeiro/BR.
dsmvault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #344
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,278
Doubt it. It's just a shield nothing mechanical.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #345
DomEOD
'murica
 
DomEOD's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Ft Carson, CO and SoCal
Oddometer: 2,326
I looked through and didn't see anything for the 2011+ G650GS. Anything in the works?

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
__________________
'14 F800GS
past:
'12 Sertao

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014