User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Telkwa7 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Question guide information in China

We are exploring Asian route options for a rtw. One route being considered is flying bikes to Beijing from SEA and riding to Mongolia. We understand a guide is required in China. Does anyone have information regarding guide costs, recommended guiding company, contacts, etc.?
Telkwa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telkwa7 View Post
We are exploring Asian route options for a rtw. One route being considered is flying bikes to Beijing from SEA and riding to Mongolia. We understand a guide is required in China. Does anyone have information regarding guide costs, recommended guiding company, contacts, etc.?
Getting your vehicle into China is a big PITA... and shipping will be another major hassle, and it costs money, too. But there is a land route from Laos, so if you΄re gonna ride China anyway, why not skip that shipping, and ride the whole way?

To arrange it, you΄ll need to get in contact with a tour operator in China. Here΄s one for example: http://www.chinaoverlandinfo.com (but note, that I have no personal experience of them - I do know, that this will cost very serious money though, and that kind of money would go a long long way elsewhere in Asia).
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW

Pecha72 screwed with this post 11-06-2013 at 12:27 PM
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
daviddong
Tour China

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
I am a guide,I am Chinese and live in China. I'd like tour China by motorcycle.What is your plan? You can email to me if you want talk. My email is daviddong@163.com or chinese.dongwei@gmail.com
daviddong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
TBR
Daily ADV in China

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
One route being considered is flying bikes to Beijing from SEA and riding to Mongolia. We understand a guide is required in China.
Well ~ motorbiking in China always involves a lot of Red Tape and the usual bureaucracy even for resident bikers (foreigner / local) like city wide bike bans, high costs of import motorcycles, high costs of registration / license plates in big cities like Shanghai and Beijing and China does not recognise international and overseas driving license.

Look up the RideAsia forum based out of Thailand as two bike groups have just done a trip into Mainland China kicking off from Chiang Mai (Thailand), they might have posted here on ADVrider or will do so in the future.
The guys at Rider's Corner Bar & Restaurant Chiang Mai might be able to point you in the right directions in case you attempt the way into China from Thailand onwards.... http://www.riderscorner.net

Would be very careful with anyone claiming to be a China travel agent / guide and get it all sorted with China bike entry / exit.
As the saying goes over here in the motherland: TIC = This Is China! Everything is possible - Nothing is easy! You want to play - you have to pay!

Apply common sense and be very aware with whom your dealing and transfer your $$$$'s and bikes to..... 'nuff said......

Hope you get in / out of China and enjoy your ride and stay.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Telkwa7 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Thank you guys for the responses. I will keep the site posted on (hopefully) any progress.
Telkwa7 is offline   Reply With Quote