Old 11-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #31
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Why not a nerf bat?
You could put an eye out with the pointed end of a waffle cone , but you'd need a permit to carry concealed.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #32
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
Hey Dakez,...
Come on! I mean, if you're going to make a statement like this the least you could do is provide an example...
Chapter 3 in The gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker

Distinguished psychiatrist Karl Menninger has said "I don't believe in such a thing as the criminal mind. Everyone's mind is criminal; we're all capable of criminal Fantasies and thoughts"

In a leter written to Sigmund Freud: "Man has in him the need to hate and destroy" Albert Einstein

Freud's reply: "Unreservedly"...Human instincts can be divided into two catagories: "those which seek to preserve and unite and those which seek to destroy and kill"

Modern humans are "the dazed survivors of a continuous 5-million year habit of lethal aggression"
Richard Wrangham/ Dale Peterson

You did ask.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #33
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly View Post
A guy on a VStrom told me that my Uly wasn't leaking, it was menstruating. I thought that was very mean.
But creative!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #34
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,654
This story has less to do with bikes than drunk assholes.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #35
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
glad your ok
cheers
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #36
melville
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Honest to Christ, right after I got my Airhead a friend told me, "You know, the Harley guys and the Jap bike guys won't give you any trouble."

I told him, "Yes, they fear my fully extended slide rule."
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.
melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #37
Parrothead
Cu Dubh

Oddometer: 447
Excellent!

Good book.

OP, good choice, good on ya. Glad you had the opportunity to avoid further conflict. Don't judge everyone by this dick's behavior, but do keep an open awareness that dicks do happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post

Distinguished psychiatrist Karl Menninger has said "I don't believe in such a thing as the criminal mind. Everyone's mind is criminal; we're all capable of criminal Fantasies and thoughts"

In a leter written to Sigmund Freud: "Man has in him the need to hate and destroy" Albert Einstein

Freud's reply: "Unreservedly"...Human instincts can be divided into two catagories: "those which seek to preserve and unite and those which seek to destroy and kill"

Modern humans are "the dazed survivors of a continuous 5-million year habit of lethal aggression"

You did ask.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #38
stripple
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 599
I had a similar situation happen to me today at convience store over a parking spot. I unknowingly cut off a guy while pulling into the spot, but he was entering through the exit portion of the lot and I wasn't expecting a car coming from that direction. Dude parked directly behind me and jumped out of his car and was coming at me pretty fast. I put up my hands and said "stop, bad idea". He looked me in the eye and knew that it was not going to work out. He just turned around and muttered some choice words under his breath and drove away.

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a dork, I can fight like Forest Gump runs. I have earned four black belts and trained and competed in martial arts for over 20 years now. I make my living as a MA teacher, and have now for 12 years. I can't turn a wrench, or build a damned thing to save my life. But, the language of fighting is fluent to me. I love to train, and honestly I love to fight. Not on the street with knuckleheaded tough guys, but in the gym with other martial artists, in a competitive and respectful way. There have been a few times in my life when a shithead tough guy starts trouble with me or someone around me who isn't able to defend themselves. I always try to de-escalate, and I physically engage when no other option is available. Each time it's been over in less than 5 seconds. Way less. There's a lot of really tough dudes in this world, I am by no means claiming to be anywhere near the top of that heap. I'm just a little dude, 5ft 9in around 170lbs, but when the shit hits the fan my brain turns off and my body does what is very natural. A good martial artist has a plan A,B,C,D,E, ect. ect...

Ok, I'm not saying all this to brag(well maybe a little ) I'm saying this to try and promote the value of good training. We all need exercise. I feel that a great way to get it is to train in some sort of MA. It doesn't need to be rough or violent, and a good smart instructor won't run their school that way. The beauty of training is that you usually don't ever have to use it. When a shithead like the one who approached you about your bike starts in, generally a look into your eyes is all he needs to let him know that you aren't the best choice for a victim. We humans have a very strong threat assessment built into our brains, and it generally works in the background without us knowing. When a potential bully type looks into my eyes, he sees more than what is on the surface. He subconsciously chooses to drop it.

I wish that way more people in this world trained. I guarantee that the world would be a whole lot more peaceful.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #39
toy4fun
GET out of the way

Oddometer: 353
To the thread creator........hold pump hose and point at bad guy.....pull trigger and saturate person with gas....wait to see what happens.
toy4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #40
toy4fun
GET out of the way

Oddometer: 353
Seriously. I had the same thing happen I just told the guy my Harley was in the shop and I had to ride th back up. Harley riders understand this and usually feel your pain.
toy4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:53 AM   #41
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,596
Back in spring of 99, I had just purchased a new nekid red SV650, just like the famous one that ran into a tree, but mine never did

I went to hospital for some reason, I don't recall if I was visiting someone or maybe I had an outpatient appointment

when I came out of building back to parking lot, there was a Alzheimer's patient staring at my bike asking what kind of Ducati ?
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #42
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4fun View Post
Seriously. I had the same thing happen I just told the guy my Harley was in the shop and I had to ride th back up. Harley riders understand this and usually feel your pain.
Post of the day
I'm still laughing
Cheers
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #43
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,227
I ride my wife's DR 200 up to the store. Harely Pirate says, "That's a lady's bike."

"Why yes it is, it's my wife's bike. What fag did you borrow that one from?"

I don't think he understood my humor.

Another guy gives me all kind of nasty looks going down the road in his car with HD stickers all over it. I'd rather push a harely than ride a Jap bike. Loud pipes save lives. That kind of stickers. On his Kia.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #44
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Thumb

[QUOTE=tkent02;22718619]I ride my wife's DR 200 up to the store. Harely Pirate says, "That's a lady's bike."

"Why yes it is, it's my wife's bike. What fag did you borrow that one from?"

THIS is the post of the day.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #45
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post

You did ask.
I'll give you this, you are the cut and paste king...
But I understand.
My reply "It's an easy and desperate attempt to deflect from the topic at hand and to make oneself appear worldly."

Red9 screwed with this post 11-06-2013 at 08:20 AM
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote