Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
machinebuilder OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMusedRider View Post
machinebuilder,

What book is this? Is it specific to a certain class of motorcycles or generic?

Do you have a link to it?

Thanks!
http://www.dualsportriding.com/produ...d-tuning-ebook

It's pretty generic but talks more about dualsports/adventure bikes

Ned wrote it with the owner of Superplush Suspensions, the credit is in the PDF.

It taught me just enough so I'm not a complete idiot, I think it's worth the money even just so you have an idea of how things work.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #17
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 666
Racetech's bible is pretty decent, there are other even more detailed, but the racetech gives a really good broad look at "how stuff works and why".
jengel451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #18
KLRscoob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
I just upgraded to the hyperpro two way rear and the hyperpro springs and oil front. The difference was incredible. I think if you need more than these two upgrades have to offer you are on the wrong bike. I got the rear with the hydraulic preload upgrade and it's awesome. And Klaus at hyperpro USA was fantastic to deal with

In honor of Gregory N. Millard
Son - Brother - Hero
KLRscoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Don't really understand why BMW would cut corners on such a capable bike by offering a non-adjustable suspension on non-ESA bikes. I ordered mine with factory lowered suspension and no ESA, most probably will have to install a fork cartridge kit to dial-in the front end. Looks like we have couple options - Traxxion, Ohlins, Racetech. Can anyone what kind of valving the Traxxion and Racetech kits use? 20mm, 25mm or 30mm? I believe the soon to be released new Ohlins cartridge kit will be 30mm.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #20
polson
2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer: 235
I am considering a winter project with my 09 bmw f800gs and suspension was on the list. Does anyone have a list of best and least expensive front and rear suspension dealers.

Also, If I had to do one or the other would you start with the rear suspension them move to the front or vice versa.

By the way the other items on the list are lithium battery, new exhaust (I'm thinking two brothers titanium) and I think that is it.

thanks
polson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #21
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
I don't have a pile of knowledge to offer on the subject, but the wilbers from ted's beemer shop looks like good value for the rear.
chris73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #22
machinebuilder OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polson View Post
I am considering a winter project with my 09 bmw f800gs and suspension was on the list. Does anyone have a list of best and least expensive front and rear suspension dealers.

Also, If I had to do one or the other would you start with the rear suspension them move to the front or vice versa.

By the way the other items on the list are lithium battery, new exhaust (I'm thinking two brothers titanium) and I think that is it.

thanks

On one of the suspension threads I laid it out, its been long enough I can't remember now.

After having them for a while now I can highly recommend both the Traxxion Forks and the Wilburs shock, just don't be timid if you start adjusting, make a big enough adjustment to feel it.

Start with the forks, stock they are far worse than the stock shock. IMO the forks were about 70% improvement and the shock 30%
Old 11-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
polson
2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer: 235
awesome, did you do the forks yourself or send them in?

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinebuilder View Post
On one of the suspension threads I laid it out, its been long enough I can't remember now.

After having them for a while now I can highly recommend both the Traxxion Forks and the Wilburs shock, just don't be timid if you start adjusting, make a big enough adjustment to feel it.

Start with the forks, stock they are far worse than the stock shock. IMO the forks were about 70% improvement and the shock 30%
polson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
machinebuilder OP
Studly Adventurer

I took the easy way and sent them in turn around was about 10 days. If I had the time I would have made an appointment and rode to the shop it's only near Atlanta