ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #451
awarren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Bones View Post
I don't know man...you're standing next to your bike. Looks kinda fishy to me.

Good job and sweet pic!

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
I was waiting for "how many guys did it take to lift it up there?"
awarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #452
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
You motel guys prob. won"t get it..

Sent from here..
Old 11-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #453
RedBirdStation
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker View Post
You motel guys prob. won"t get it..

Sent from here..
I got a 20gal pot to cook beans in next year so we don't run out. Just remind me to bring the cornbread.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #454
RedBirdStation
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
cool to ride anytime.......there were no special permissions except for visiting the caves just north of shoals.

all the roads we tracked show up on at least one map as county roads........of course some of us may have gotten slighty off the tracks and been in a dont ask dont tell spot......most have the county road signs to follow............of course some of the farmers in the bottoms think that the county roads are their own property.......a couple of the roads are just barely recognizable of having been a road a long time ago.........all of the places we went are regularly traveled by the locals............the tracks are posted for anybody to use anytime, though it seems that deer gun season brings out the most wackos...........

the knobby sections may run along some prime deer hunting spots.........i just try not to be out there during gun season............the bow hunters seem to be a more friendly group to me........

it'll be years before the Loose Nut comes back through these parts........we will post complete new tracks in a new area each year.......first saturday/sunday of November forever, mark your calendars. 2014 is in the early planning stages right now and will be a collaboration with BigDogAdventures in southern Illinois. plan right now is to start both saturday and sunday from the same location - a campground...........folks can show up, set up their gear for the weekend, have a good place to leave tow vehicles if they trailer in, we'll try to semi organize a pot luck campfire dinner for both friday and saturday evening...........the bean soup RedBirdStation brought this year was unbeleivably delicious.........friday and saturday night fresh cobblers and ice cream seemed to go over pretty well also.........i'm tellin ya right now i am getting excited already for the 2014 Loose Nut Dual Sport Ride..........we plan on making it better than this year........BigDogAdventures has more knowledge of the backroads of southern Illinois and the points of interest and has offered his help in putting together the tracks, we didnt have to beg too much and Mrs. Nuts was threatening to withold the peach cobbler, so we caught him at a weak moment.

it's gonna be a GREAT ride.............its gonna be better than this year and i had a hoots

so, yes go ahead and ride the 2013 tracks at your convenience and dont forget about the 2012 tracks either.........that's a fun ride also
I think the good food, desert and the fun times around the campfire on Fri & Sat night really was a great time in itself.

Was really surprised that many came on Fri and camped. Kinda been pondering selling the trailer bcause I don't use it anymore. But after this trip, it has me wanting to keep it now. Besides it doesn't cost me anything to keep it. So I'll keep it for next years ride.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #455
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

I agree about the campground.. We can ride anytime but the food, fellowship and general campground antics for such a large like minded group are hard to beat! I think the plan for next year will highlight this. Plus if Bigdog doesn't come up with some good tracks ( Bad dog no peach cobbler for you) we know how to punish him..
Old 11-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #456
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker View Post
I agree about the campground.. We can ride anytime but the food, fellowship and general campground antics for such a large like minded group are hard to beat! I think the plan for next year will highlight this. Plus if Bigdog doesn't come up with some good tracks ( Bad dog no peach cobbler for you) we know how to punish him..
My wife is making Apple Crumb Pie and other goodies--------so take that.

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #457
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
My wife is making Apple Crumb Pie and other goodies--------so take that.

BigDog
Hope you have room for another 50 or so for dinner...
Old 11-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #458
hackrman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
photo rider in a sidehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I'm really enjoying all of the pics & vids. Keep 'em coming. I've already written in indelible ink the dates for next years ride! This year was an absolute hoot! My only regret is forgetting to ask for a ride in Raaf's sidehack rig. So, whatchya think Hackerman? How would you like a sidehack monkey/photographer to hold that right side down sometime?
Sounds great to me! Let's do it
hackrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #459
hackrman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
picture rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut View Post
you know we WILL have a picture rock next year also........

i guess i'll have to try and keep up with your group or at least get it on video
See if you can find a rock that a bike with sidehack can get on without needing 12
men and a litter to get it on there
hackrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #460
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBirdStation View Post
I think the good food, desert and the fun times around the campfire on Fri & Sat night really was a great time in itself.

Was really surprised that many came on Fri and camped. Kinda been pondering selling the trailer bcause I don't use it anymore. But after this trip, it has me wanting to keep it now. Besides it doesn't cost me anything to keep it. So I'll keep it for next years ride.
Yep, I agree about the camping, going over my gear now, so I'm going to camp next year so I can have a FIREBALL!
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #461
billgo77
billgo77

Oddometer: 67
What does the Fox say?

ok, it's not a fox, but a coyote lost his life this weekend. This is the photo I thought someone had. Sorry for you fella! No motorcycles went down in the making of this photo op...
billgo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #462
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Bones View Post
I've reached 4 mins and 10 secs of edited footage. Soooo much work to do this crap but I made a few promises and I plan on keeping them. Stay tuned....

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

Honda XR "Complete" S/M Wheels For Sale ---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20028089

TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #463
billgo77
billgo77

Billgo77 highlights

I've been working out of town so I am delayed in posting my pics. I'll put up a few tonight. I had a great time pre-riding and planning, and then doing the ride this weekend too. I'm amazed how some of your pix look like a different ride than the one I was on. I know I missed out on some silliness at the campsite, but man the warm room and shower was nice at the Theroff! Enjoy... Now lets start with some nice bikes I captured this weekend.

Here's the brand new KTM that Ed rode on Sunday. Even new riding gear. He's been a long time rider, but new to dual sport and to the bike. He rode it like a pro!

Here's mine, which served me well. I went down at 5 mph in wet grass, but we got up gracefully (unless the one picture that caught us makes it's way here!!)
Old 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #464
billgo77
billgo77

LNut sights

Brooks bridge is pretty. Im glad someone decided it was worth saving.

Eery, Peaceful, Chilly, Foggy, Serene, Surreal. No matter how you describe it, this was something to experience.

Glenna is having hip surgery real soon. She wanted to be here for us before she closed down for the surgery.
Thank you Glenna and Poo. They both set me back in my chair, though. They breed em tough around here. hmmmm....
Old 11-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #465
billgo77
billgo77

Meet my friend LEO

We've all had LEO show up at the wrong time. It happened again. We had a large group gathered at Graffiti Cliff and Picture Rock.

We had our bikes in various stages of blocking the public roadway. Some were relieving themselves in the woods,
others were burning rubber to get onto the rock for photos, and still others were plotting how the side car was
gonna get hoisted up there for a photo, too. When LEO came upon our party.

The young military type. We knew he was in charge when he swaggered out of the car. But officer, let me explain.
Yes, we are blocking the roadway, and no sir, we don't have a permit to gather...trespassing on state property? not us.
And Whatever they left in the woods is biodegradable, I assure you.

But, no... not really, that's not how it went down. The young police officer was very nice, and it got off to a good
start with our ambassador LooseNut himself making LEO feel welcome at our little gathering.

So no one had to be taken to the local pokie!

or did they????