Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
mlkdash OP
Righteous Dude

Oddometer: 75
Anyone used the Wolfman expedition saddlebags with Jesse racks?

I've already got Jesse top case mounts and am contemplating getting their rack system and eventually hard cases... but, I'd like to have the option of the Wolfman soft bags. It looks like it may be difficult to mount the Wolfman bags on the Jesse racks and it might be better just to get the Wolfman racks from the start. If I could use just the Jesse racks for both hard and soft bags, that would be ideal though. What do you all think?
Thanks,
Matt
mlkdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
Hamish71
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Bumpitybump.

I have a set of jesse racks, and panniers. They are good for commuting, but suck off road. I want to get some wolfman expedition panniers, but it looks like it might be difficult to mount them on the jesse racks. Anyone done it? Pictures please?
Old 11-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #3
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish71 View Post
Bumpitybump.

I have a set of jesse racks, and panniers. They are good for commuting, but suck off road. I want to get some wolfman expedition panniers, but it looks like it might be difficult to mount them on the jesse racks. Anyone done it? Pictures please?
I talked to Mr Wolfman (?) at the KTM rally in Steamboat. Because of the stepped-in design of the lower part of the racks I suggested, rather than build a bag that hugs that shape (it's a pretty small niche of a niche market after all and I wouldn't expect any manufacturer to tool up for it) why not fill that space with a smaller bag (say, 4" x 16") and hang the Expedition bags over them? He raised his eyebrows and made noises like he might look into that.
You could either attach them to the back of the bags or to the racks...in the latter case they could hold all the essentials like tools, survival gear, tubes, spares, bottle of red wine...all nice and low for heavy stuff and they stay with the bike even when you take off your main bags...
Looking at their catalog the small or medium Rolie bag might work...
BTW, I'd like a dollar for every good idea I have ever given away....I'd have like...three dollars!

RoundOz screwed with this post 11-07-2013 at 04:34 AM
RoundOz is offline   Reply With Quote