Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #16
flatland964
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
I keep mine a plastic bag in the tail section under the seat.
2001 BMW R1150GS
flatland964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
The Island
Im lost.

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatland964 View Post
I do the same. ...but I photocopy all the paperwork as to not have the real deal but legitimate proof of specific numbers n junk.
The Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
ADKADVRider
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatland964

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Island View Post
I do the same. ...but I photocopy all the paperwork as to not have the real deal but legitimate proof of specific numbers n junk.

+1 (2?) I do this as well but also carry a copy in my jacket in case I need it when the bike is unavailable

2012 F650GS Twin
ADKADVRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
pplummer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatland964 View Post
+1 on all my bikes. I swap bikes with friends from time to time and it makes it easy
Old 11-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #20
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,680
I've given up on paper and just have my card photos on my phone. Paper is pretty shot after a weekend of riding most of the time.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
aclundwall
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
We have to carry insurance cards, of course, same as y'all! But we don't GET registration paperwork. All we have is a sticker on the windshield with the month/year it expires. On a motorcycle, the sticker goes on the plate.

It's been 20 years since I was pulled over outside TX...I don't even know how that conversation will go in a state where folks carry copies of their reg.
aclundwall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #22
doc4216
Chronic High Fiver

Oddometer: 378
I just keep mine in my wallet but I like the idea of a plastic bag under the seat....maybe I will put a copy under there.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #23
redxblack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I picked up a couple of those UPS packing slip sticker envelopes and stuck one on to the bottom of my seat. Registration and insurance fit just fine. I'd post a cost, but there wasn't one.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #24
epylypzon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Here in Norway the registration document are 2 parts.

Part 1 : MUST be on your vechile (i have it under my seat)
Part 2 : "MUST" be stored home. This is the one who should be signed and delivired at the traffic station if you sell it.
epylypzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #25
Conman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by redxblack View Post
I picked up a couple of those UPS packing slip sticker envelopes and stuck one on to the bottom of my seat. Registration and insurance fit just fine. I'd post a cost, but there wasn't one.
+1 on this. Do this for my ATVs. In States you have plates on off-road vehicles, you can put these labels on the back of the plate for safe keeping too.

On my bikes with real tool boxes/pouches, I put a backup copy of my reg paperwork in a zip-lock sandwich bag and stuff it with the tools.

I can't remember what magazine it was, but an article stated mount a color photo copy of their license plate and stuff their real tag in a backpack for safe keeping from damage.

Cheers,
Con
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #26
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,606
All electronic in my state in Australia.

No labels on the bike even. Just a number plate.

You ride past a copy car with a camera and he knows within seconds if you're registered, if your license is current, if you have warrants, if you are a member or associate of a now "Criminal motorcycle gang", and has any notes on you about your attitude to police.

They also take pictures of you that are stored for future cross matching and checks. Known criminals and their associates can therefore be tracked everywhere they go, with evidence. I know the cops here use cell phones to track persons of interest without warrant, because I've seen them do it.

Static speed cameras have the capability of running the same sort of software because most are now effectively Web cameras. In the ones I installed and serviced they had 2 separate data networks coming off the camera. Rumour has it (from the guy who runs the company) that when he selling the system to roads and traffic, the Federal Police were present and asking about number plate and facial recognition software and the cameras capability.

On a couple of rides I've passed general duties police cars and seen camera flashes. They are collecting data for future reference. Front on pictures so that at some future point if you blow through a front facing speed camera and it doesn't get your plate, they can match enough pictures of you and your bike to get a conviction.

This is on the back of failed attempts by several states to get anti association laws passed. Queensland has been successful, and NSW had a 2 nd go at theirs. The Federal Police are now in on it.

You get stopped at any time. You have to answer the questions or go to gaol. Minimum sentences. Automatic extra 15 years for any offence if you are a member or associate of a criminal gang etc. The cops are forcing people to strip on the roadside for searches and photos of tattoos. The cops want prior notification if you are riding in groups of 3 or more. All the States and territories are watching Queensland closely. They all want the same power. To combat what the statistics confirm is about 0.6% of crime on average across the country.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #27
terraunbound
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Nice thinking - an under seat option as an additional backup. My choice spot is to carry registration and insurance inside a ziplock inside the jacket's key pocket. License also inside the jacket in a 'business card' case along with one cc and some cash in case I get stuck somewhere. Stopped carrying the AAA card as all they need is your name. Never been through a checkpoint in Colorado not Soviet Union aka Arizona.

As for photo ops by the government, cash it in - we all have been photo'd many times and with image recognition software, all of our movements can be tracked with the appropriate level of effort. And then there is being pulled over by officer small-town. Paper is the best way to go.
terraunbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #28
Brown E
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Put mine in a bag under the seat with that massive tool kit you get.
Brown E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #29
GPHusky250 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Silly Me

After wondering where to store registration paperwork and getting a lot of good ideas here, I noticed under the seat on the F800GSA is a place for the owner's manual. Surprise, surprise. So, I simply asked my wife for a sandwich bag, made a copy of my registration, driver's license, passport card and some quick instructions of how to adjust the Scott's Steering Damper, cut them to size, slipped them into the owners manual, slipped that into a ziplock sandwich bag and placed the whole thing where it's designed to go. Easy, Peasy.

GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #30
Aanarchy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by aclundwall View Post
We have to carry insurance cards, of course, same as y'all! But we don't GET registration paperwork. All we have is a sticker on the windshield with the month/year it expires.
Dude, the piece of paper your sticker comes affixed to is your registration. It has VIN, vehicle description and owner name and address. That's what you're supposed to carry.

I found out in Colorado when I got stopped by an officer trainee who was being observed by an officer in the patrol unit. He followed all of the textbook procedures. "Registration, officer? Waddya mean, 'registration'?"