Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #1006
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,047
Warm up laps were great, track was super and I railed every corner and cleared every jump including the 60' table into a downhill straightaway, didn't jump the double...FAAAK.

Moto 2 and still no double, I just can't do it....totally a mental thing.

Moto3.....nope.

My friend Dave was out there and he wasn't doing it either but as I turned to see him on the track he balled up and cleared the double!!!!! Crosby did it and I haven't WTF! I put my helmet on and headed out, first lap....pussied out......second lap.....pussied out.......third lap FAAAAAAK I went for it.

I hit the berm in third and slipped the clutch to gain speed approaching the jump. Everything was in slow motion as I nailed it hoping to clear it to a landing I could not see. A drop of sweat fell in my goggles as the peak of the jump approached, I could feel the motor reach redline and the vibration from my pegs to the bars and the tingle in my fingertips clenching the bars hoping for a safe landing.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #1007
pvangel OP
Team AARP

As I hit the top and became airborne I could finally see the landing and even though my aging brain can't process much very fast I could see I would make it....I wasn't going to die!
I friggen did it, and then I did it 30 more times and it scared the $hit out of me everytime but I did it.
I'm going back Sunday
Old 11-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #1008
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 22,605

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #1009
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Mock up.....Dual exhaust is a must

Every thing actually fits?

Old 11-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #1010
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Cry

Rode at the country club yesterday, they took the double out.....
Well at least I can say I did it. I considered it a personal triumph

On a side note, My sons varsity year wrapped this past weekend ending the season with a 7-2 record which made them section champs and they won there bowl game to go out on a high note. Haven't seen the kid for 6 months with all the practice sessions they do, need to take him riding with me now.

Picture is from Senior night where we go on the field and mothers are presented with roses

Old 11-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #1011
motomike14
Thumper Crusader

Oddometer: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post

On a side note, My sons varsity year wrapped this past weekend ending the season with a 7-2 record which made them section champs and they won there bowl game to go out on a high note. Haven't seen the kid for 6 months with all the practice sessions they do, need to take him riding with me now.

Picture is from Senior night where we go on the field and mothers are presented with roses

A good friend of mine I used to coach lacrosse with is a John Jay alum. Outstanding lacrosse program up there. Congrats to him and you!

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #1012
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:

Old 11-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #1013
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Walden MX tomorrow morning. Open Practice, Free Lunch , free spectators admission

https://www.facebook.com/WaldenMx

Quote:
Please remember our food collection drive this coming Saturday...and speaking of food, we have decided to buy you lunch this Saturday to show a little appreciation for your support of Walden Mx throughout this season. Thats right..... every paid rider this coming Saturday will receive a lunch voucher when they pay for a open practice this weekend. A spread of hot dogs, hamburgers, and assorted salads will be on the menu to say thanks for coming to Walden throughout this past year. Weather is looking pretty nice so come on out. The season is coming to a close quick and there won't be many days left to ride.

Don't forget ....look around the kitchen or pantry.....maybe you can bring around a couple items like canned veggies, some soup, mac an cheese-anything that might help someone else not as fortunate as we all are this coming thanksgiving holiday.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #1014
pvangel OP
Team AARP

2014 butt patches for Jr and I are in!

And the HL "lite" is almost done.

Is it spring yet?
Old 02-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #1015
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 5,892
Quote:

And the HL "lite" is almost done.

Is it spring yet?
I don't see any springs, or an engine

I know it is air but funnier this way
Old 02-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #1016
ADK
____

Oddometer: 7,978
Question

Quote:

[/url]

Is it spring yet?
What meanum 3-pak?
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #1017
Nickcamera
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
motorcross books!!

Not sure where to post this but I can across a series of motorcycle books (think modern day Hardy Boys but on Bikes) for young adults that's awesome.
I'm not selling anything just thought you guys should know.
check out the website http://www.mickwade.com/
Nickcamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #1018
pvangel OP
Team AARP

What meanum 3-pak?

My son rode a 74 YZ125 (40 yr old bike and he is 18) in one of the races last year that is owned by a rider nick named "6pak" and not for his physical shape so some of the guys started calling him "3pak"

Old 02-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #1019
pvangel OP
Team AARP

I don't see any springs, or an engine

Engine is half way there....waiting for parts

Old 02-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #1020
Slotheee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
I wise man once told me that " you have to have a passion in life, can't be work and it can't be a women"
My wife of 28 years supports me in whatever I do and is truly a great women but my passion was my business wich turned into a death sentence. After 30 yrs it was more about accounts receivable's and Workers Comp Insurance and audits and breakdowns and just more stress in my life than I needed, I drank, chewed tabacco, was fat and out of shape. I woke up one morning and told my wife I was selling the business (which did not go over well at first) and doing something else!

I chose quality of life over quantity, My passion is MX and I want to be able to ride once or twice a week. My family comes first but this is trully second on my list, I'm 51 what am i gonna do wait till i'm 60 to start?

The guy who graduates from Harvard in last is given the biggest applause because he has the same piece of paper that the person in the top of the class has....I wanna graduate last at Harvard....
+1 on that !!!
Slotheee is offline   Reply With Quote