Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #16
DirtMedic
Intrepid Explorer

Oddometer: 139
If you have the skill go for it, if you don't and it was during my dinner, just remember I choose what size IV needle to use.

DirtMedic screwed with this post 11-08-2013 at 08:50 PM
DirtMedic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
FASTnSPEEDY
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex250mike View Post
I'm considering buying a cheap trail bike and making 3-4 trips to Georgia each year. I'm wondering if I would get much use out of it here in FL also.

I know there are some halfassed trails in ONF and there is croom (never been there.) What else is available? I don't care for moto-x tracks, just trails.
Where do you live? There are smaller trail areas spread all over. Most aren't worth a really long drive, but a short drive for a few hours of riding is pretty common.

Also, talk to your buddies about getting on their hunt leases. Most leases are for recreational access to property for a year. Some clubs only do deer season so are unused Jan/Feb ish- August/Sep ish.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #18
ex250mike OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
I'm in Deland about 40 miles N of orlando.

I've recently found there is quite a bit of really nice mountain bike trails nearby. So, I've been pedaling around some great single track without having to drive far. Its great but I'd still like some motorized action.

Several years ago I was in a 4x4 club and we did ride some private land down in holopaw. It was mostly just mud and swamp. Not really dirtbike friendly. I don't know of anyplace else nearby. I'm sure places exist, I'm just un-aware of them.

I work mon-thurs so I've got a 3 day weekend every weekend. I could do a bit of driving once a month or so in order get some use from a dirtbike. My main idea would be to ride highland park in GA 3-4 times a year. I used to live 20 miles from there. I love the area and still have friends to visit there.

I realize dual sports will open up alot more riding opportunities. However, I have more free time than money. Dirtbikes are cheap, dualsports aren't (tag, tax etc...) I don't want to sink all my play money into one thing.

If the dirtbike doesn't work out I can re-coup my money, possibly even make a few $$$ of it.

It will be around dec-jan before I buy anything. So, I've got plenty of time.
ex250mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
youcanrunnaked
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
I just got a DR650 and would like to meet up with other Floridians to explore dirt riding opportunities. I live in south Florida but am willing to travel. Monitoring this thread for riding suggestions and would like to get pm's from anybody who wants to go exploring with me.
youcanrunnaked is offline   Reply With Quote