ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #676
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Nuked

Geolander screwed with this post 11-11-2013 at 07:06 AM
Geolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #677
jjustj
JUSTAGUYTRYING2STAYDRY

Oddometer: 5,268
Anne gas sleeper sofa not leather ron burgandy (red)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #678
jjustj
JUSTAGUYTRYING2STAYDRY

Oddometer: 5,268
Has

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #679
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,347
12 volt linear actuator.

Does anyone happen to have a 12 volt linear actuator with somewhere between an 8" and 12" stroke?

OK weird request but we are building another solar array and need something to set the angle with.

This is like what the old 8 foot satellite dishes had on them.

Something like this is the best way I can explain.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=12+volt+actuator

Thanks

Marc
Old 11-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #680
The Rizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 562
Looking for cross country skis, boots, and poles for me and wife. I know there are lots of variables, but shoot me a PM if you have a setup you'd consider selling.

Me: 165lbs, foot size 10.5
Her: 110lbs or so, foot size 6

thanks!

Sold, stolen, or totalled: 2004 525 EXC, 2009 Street Triple, 2005.5 950 Adventure, 2003 DRZ400e, 2000 DR650, 2004 KLR650, 2003 DRZ400s, 2002 DRZ400s, 2003 FZ1, 1998 VFR800, 1996 Ninja 250 race bike, 2000 TL1000R, 2000 ZR7.
The Rizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #681
TinDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
WTB: GSM/SIM card non-smartphone (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)

I posted this in the Flea Market forum; perhaps this is where I should have started. My spouse is hard on phones: lack of attention, gravity, gardening mishaps solid surfaces all contribute to her phones' demises. I'm looking for non-smart phone (no data plan requirement) of the GSM / SIM card variety. AT&T phones are a given. T-Mobile will work too, and probably a couple other flavors. I know what I can get from the AT&T store with a contract renewal, but it's kinda nice not being tied to them for another two years.

Desired features:
  • Slider/quick messaging or flip phone okay. I think she'd destroy the screen of a bar phone.
  • Good speaker phone volume and clarity.
  • Good reception/transmission. It's gotta be a telephone first and foremost - games, camera and gadgets don't matter if you can't actually talk with it.
  • Standard micro USB charger input and normal headphone jack, nothing proprietary.
  • Decent camera would be nice, but not necessary (3 or 4 MP minimum?)
  • Not too old/dinosaur technology. A 2010 or later model would be nice.
Let me know what you might have lurking in the back of you closet. Maybe you changed providers, or your employer gave you a phone so you don't need your old personal phone. PM me with what you have and what you'd be willing to let it go for. If you have something that'll work, we'll work out shipping and payment details later.

TinDog
TinDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #682
Plaka
Banned

Oddometer: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinDog View Post
I posted this in the Flea Market forum; perhaps this is where I should have started. My spouse is hard on phones: lack of attention, gravity, gardening mishaps solid surfaces all contribute to her phones' demises. I'm looking for non-smart phone (no data plan requirement) of the GSM / SIM card variety. AT&T phones are a given. T-Mobile will work too, and probably a couple other flavors. I know what I can get from the AT&T store with a contract renewal, but it's kinda nice not being tied to them for another two years.

Desired features:
  • Slider/quick messaging or flip phone okay. I think she'd destroy the screen of a bar phone.
  • Good speaker phone volume and clarity.
  • Good reception/transmission. It's gotta be a telephone first and foremost - games, camera and gadgets don't matter if you can't actually talk with it.
  • Standard micro USB charger input and normal headphone jack, nothing proprietary.
  • Decent camera would be nice, but not necessary (3 or 4 MP minimum?)
  • Not too old/dinosaur technology. A 2010 or later model would be nice.
Let me know what you might have lurking in the back of you closet. Maybe you changed providers, or your employer gave you a phone so you don't need your old personal phone. PM me with what you have and what you'd be willing to let it go for. If you have something that'll work, we'll work out shipping and payment details later.

TinDog
I have a Pair of Doro 410 flip phones I don't use. Excellent condition (one is new), good batteries, full kits w. charger. As un-smart as you can get, no camera, games (AFAIK), data or BS. I can't stand smart phones. Big clear buttons, Euro design in general, very clean. Good sound, very good hearing aid compatability. Kinda rubbery surface, not slippery. Chargers use a mini-jack. Headphones use a standard jack but they are binaural. So if you want more than the earbuds, you have to get a binaural headset. Consumer Cellular service and they have an interesting plan setup (no contract and you can upgrade or downgrade minutes anytime in reasonable increments. Reasonable price). $50 the pair fair?
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #683
TinDog
Adventurer

Doro 410

Thanks Plaka,
I looked at the write-up on the phone, and it may be a bit too basic. My wife (who is not old enough for AARP junk mail yet), might be a little put off if she knew the target market of the Doro. If the phone is Consumer Cellular specific, I can't use it anyway.

Maybe I need to clarify: We're with AT&T now, have a family plan and all the works. Each time somebody upgrades their phone, they basically commit the whole family to another 2 years of being contractually bound to AT&T. If I get a new phone through an AT&T store for my wife, we're stuck for another 24 months. If I pick up a used GSM phone, I can just switch over the SIM card without any AT&T issues, contracts or paperwork, Any AT&T phone will work, T-Mobile will work and I think a couple others (Trac Phone?) are also using the same technology.

Per AT&T:
You can use a phone or tablet you already own on the AT&T network, if your device is unlocked - not programmed to work exclusively on a wireless network other than AT&T, and will work on one of these GSM network frequencies:
  • 3G UMTS network in the 850/1900MHz bands
  • 4G LTE network on the 700/1700/2100MHz bands
Old 11-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #684
Plaka
Banned

Oddometer: 4,573
Quote:
Thanks Plaka,
I looked at the write-up on the phone, and it may be a bit too basic. My wife (who is not old enough for AARP junk mail yet), might be a little put off if she knew the target market of the Doro. If the phone is Consumer Cellular specific, I can't use it anyway.

Maybe I need to clarify: We're with AT&T now, have a family plan and all the works. Each time somebody upgrades their phone, they basically commit the whole family to another 2 years of being contractually bound to AT&T. If I get a new phone through an AT&T store for my wife, we're stuck for another 24 months. If I pick up a used GSM phone, I can just switch over the SIM card without any AT&T issues, contracts or paperwork, Any AT&T phone will work, T-Mobile will work and I think a couple others (Trac Phone?) are also using the same technology.

Per AT&T:
You can use a phone or tablet you already own on the AT&T network, if your device is unlocked - not programmed to work exclusively on a wireless network other than AT&T, and will work on one of these GSM network frequencies:
  • 3G UMTS network in the 850/1900MHz bands
  • 4G LTE network on the 700/1700/2100MHz bands
They are GSM with sim cards. I could use them on Page Plus, my current provider and on the AT&T net, (all I do is talk and 2 cents a min. anytime you can't beat. I spend $80/year for phone service, total). But the AT&T coverage is soooo bad here I needed a phone with a very powerful antenna and a port as well for the big antenna up on the roof. So I got an old Motorola--had to put up with an apology camera ("sorry for the crappy phone pics") and some junk. There are only 3 phones with the Doros feature set and none had antenna ports.

You might try the Howard Forums flea market. Lotta used phones.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #685
Oldwin1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,473
Phone

I am really tired and have not read through this request carefully. I have a Samsung Galaxy. It is brand new never used. I got it as a replacement through insurance but it was the wrong phone. It is an AT&T phone. If it will do you any good PM me or email me and make me an offer. Don't be shy. The Galaxy is a nice phone but since they are up to the Galaxy 4 or 5 it probably is not worth that much.
Ron
Old 11-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #686
axia
Super Schralpster

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
... I'm looking for non-smart phone (no data plan requirement) of the GSM / SIM card variety...
Have you looked into the GoPhones? You can pick some up at Target brand new for under 50 bucks, no contracts etc, and just put your current SIM in them.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dev...aidphones.html
axia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #687
TinDog
Adventurer

In search of NON-smartphone for AT&T plan

Oldwin1: I've got a Galaxy and am happy with it. The phone I'm looking for though has to be a NON-smartphone, otherwise AT&T will automatically tag on an overpriced and unwanted data plan.

Axia: I need to look into the GoPhones. $50 sounds attractive for new phone, but I'll need to check out reviews and make sure the phone will get the job done.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #688
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,859
WTB: Fuse block

Anyone have a spare fuse block they want to sell? It doesn't have to be motorcycle specific but it would be nice to have one with switched and unswitched power capabilities.

Thanks.
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #689
mpatch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas View Post
Anyone have a spare fuse block they want to sell? It doesn't have to be motorcycle specific but it would be nice to have one with switched and unswitched power capabilities.

Thanks.
I built mine for about $12. Buy a fuse panel and a relay, every auto parts place should have them.
mpatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #690
TimothyCaseTimothy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
2012 MacBook Air, 11inch/128gb (Boulder/Ft. Collins) for sale

It was suggested that I post this here also...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928676

I live in Berthoud, work in Boulder and have pics I can e-mail...

TC
TimothyCaseTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote