Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #2986
Chattygirl
Gravity works

Oddometer: 5
Hey Gotawee, I will do a review when they come in. I am going to Durhamtown this weekend so I plan to break them in well. Hopefully all my time won't be spent rolling around on the ground. I am new to riding so still working on the mechanics of it all. I just had my bike lowered so hopefully it will help immensely! I have found eating the dirt rather fun though!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #2987
Eris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
I don't agree but then that's no surprise

I honestly don't agree with the start small thing. Why? Because it significantly limits your learning. You're not going to be able to get on the freeway, you're not going to be able to keep up in higher speed traffic and more importantly you're going to need to buy a new bike before you even get a feel for what you want.

You don't have to start with something super powerful to have a bike that will go on the highway. Granted, I started with an R100GS and while it's a big bike I couldn't have been happier with it. The throttle isn't spazzy, it's powerful enough to get out of the way but it's not ever going to shoot out from under me and frankly I wouldn't ever have to get anything else (though of course I will because I now know all the other bikes I want!).

I will say DON'T go get yourself some super powered sport bike because yes, that it dumb, but something that feels comfortable at highway speeds gives you a bike you can ride until you decide on what you've always wanted... assuming that you're not already sitting on it!
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:55 AM   #2988
East Coast Rider
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattygirl View Post
Hey Gotawee, I will do a review when they come in. I am going to Durhamtown this weekend so I plan to break them in well. Hopefully all my time won't be spent rolling around on the ground. I am new to riding so still working on the mechanics of it all. I just had my bike lowered so hopefully it will help immensely! I have found eating the dirt rather fun though!
Chattygirl did AWESOME at Durhamtown.
Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #2989
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Rider View Post
Chattygirl did AWESOME at Durhamtown.
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #2990
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,800
Dang, this thread sure has gotten quiet. How about I bump it up with something I posted in a few other womens thread.

Today is The International Female Ride Day. The goal is simple - Just Ride today:

http://www.motoress.com/readarticle....=femalerideday

I haven't been keeping up on things and I didn't see this until today. After seeing the article I'll be sure to take a ride today and be part of this Female Ride Day.

Spring is here and I hope the rest of you get out and take a ride today too.

Hopefully some of you will do the same and post of picture from your ride today here.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #2991
Jenn
praise seitan!

Oddometer: 784
I hope we don't have to wear pink so people know we are female. I ducking hate pink! Given my size - in gear - nobody can tell I'm not a dude and I'm ok with that.

I only have a motorcycle and bicycle - every day is Female Ride Day.
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #2992
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 514
No pink for me either :) I rode today though!

tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #2993
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

TuffStuff, I like that picture.

My ride was much more mellow but still enjoyable. My plans for the day didn't include a ride until I read about it being Interantional Female Ride Day so I ended my day with a 70 mile road ride. I took the back roads out to the east side of Coeur d' Alene Lake (Idaho). The day was cooling down to an invigorating chilly and the wind was blowing but it was still nice to be out.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #2994
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 900
Hmm for some reason my post yesterday didn't appear. Couldn't ride yesterday since I was teaching a bunch of scouts how to kayak. Meant to ride today but exhausted from yesterday. I did ride Friday and put 2,100 miles on the bikes in the last 2 weeks so I think I'm good.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #2995
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 514
Wowed, 2100 miles in the last 2 weeks. Yep, I think that qualifies you

Nice pic ladybug! I love chill ride days too. This weekend was hitting up rocks and lots of water, so I am beat now.
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #2996
scout5
n00b

Oddometer: 8
new member!

Hi folks! I'm a new rider! I only have about 2000 miles under my belt. I love it!

-E from ATL
scout5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #2997
scout5
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Motoport vs. Aerostitch?

Hi Ladies!
I am wondering if any of you own a piece of Motoport (particularly the one piece suit) or Aerostich?

I am strongly considering Motoport, but I have yet to find a female rider's feedback on comfort and fit.

Thanks in advance!
scout5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:48 AM   #2998
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Welcome Scout5, glad you found us.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:59 AM   #2999
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout5 View Post
Hi folks! I'm a new rider! I only have about 2000 miles under my belt. I love it!

-E from ATL
Scout, there's an awesome training facility right near you in Alpharetta - disregard if you already know about it. They offer all sorts of classes from BRC and ERC to trike, ATV, and dirtbike. They offer a ladies only class called Skirts in the Dirt, as well as one day dirt classes but the best thing they have is the two day dirt class (I've done it 3x and my son's done it 4x, we try to go once a year to brush up and learn something new.) You use their dirtbike, and all their gear. Just show up with a good attitude and a sack lunch. Last year it was $230 for the whole weekend IIRC. In fact, if you wanna do it holler and I may make it down for your class (we haven't done it yet this year.)

And glad you found us here!
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:04 AM   #3000
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,610
Can't remember if I rode on the 3rd or not. Wait, of course I did, but it was probably groceries or something like that. dur. Or chasing my 13YO around the yard on his XR100. Yup, I bought my younger son a dirt bike! Woohooooo!!!!!

My comment on starting small: It depends on the rider. I started mid-size, and still am riding the stupid thing because it's perfect. I had a little 250 for a while, and I don't think I would have appreciated it as much as I did if it was my first bike.

Going to look at a Sherpa this coming week, hopefully bringing it home. I want to get some dirt skills using the lighter bike with more ground clearance. Actually, if it's as much fun as the little CBR was.... it could see even more duty.