User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
The dream to experience North America

Now its time to tray, getting this site operating, and tell my story.
Came from Norway,to USA 10 October, to fulfill a dream. See parts of North America. Tried to buy a bike thru internet, but the answers was few. So I took a plain to Los Angeles, where I got WERRY god help from James Tucker and his wife Colleen. After 10 days ,bike, plates, insurance,luggage, clothing etc.etc in place, my tour could begin. The bike I bought is a BMW R1150R.2004 with 2000 miles on the counter. Tires 9 yers old, so I bought new (Michelin Pilot Road3) and schooled of course also changed the battery. After some weeks the old ( Odesey don't last forever) one vas caputt, and in the midle of nowhere I got a new, but 3 mm to big. Kut half the battery case, and so it fit. Then I received tent etc, and vent to Cambria, Horizon Unlimited meeting. There, and on the road I have met many nice people, getting some contacts. For 3 weeks I have ride kross wise up the coast, San Francisco, Klaramath Mountains, Sacramento Valley, Sierra Nevada and are now heading for Death Valley. I believe they who build the roads, must be motorcycle riders. In addition through a fantastic landscape. Small towns, where time had stand still.
Try to get some pics in here.How do I find "URL" for my IPhoto??
1- Hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,591
Enjoy your time in this awesome place we Americans so proudly call home.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1- Hansi View Post
Try to get some pics in here.How do I find "URL" for my IPhoto??
you have to upload the photos to a site like smugmug, picasa, flickr, photobucket or one of the many other photo hosting sites. once you do that they will provide a link that you can paste into your post. it's easier than it sounds.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." John Kenneth Galbraith

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

haggeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 16,701
have fun.
we some some great maps of california and other western states to help you find those hidden roads. most all the bmw dealerships will have them.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Facebook - please come follow us:
https://www.facebook.com/butlermaps
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #5
AdakTriumph
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
If you are in the Eastern San Diego area, I would enjoy showing you some nice roads and trails if you care to see them. Being in the US Navy, I know the hardships of traveling to new countries. If you have any questions or anything, I know almost everything you need to know about Nevada, Arizona, or southern California. Good luck and enjoy.
AdakTriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggeo View Post
you have to upload the photos to a site like smugmug, picasa, flickr, photobucket or one of the many other photo hosting sites. once you do that they will provide a link that you can paste into your post. it's easier than it sounds.

Like this????
https://picasaweb.google.com/1176682...eat=directlink
Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Now its time to tray, getting this site operating, and tell my story.
Came from Norway,to USA 10 October, to fulfill a dream. See parts of North America. Tried to buy a bike thru internet, but the answers was few. So I took a plain to Los Angeles, where I got WERRY god help from James Tucker and his wife Colleen. After 10 days ,bike, plates, insurance,luggage, clothing etc.etc in place, my tour could begin. The bike I bought is a BMW R1150R.2004 with 2000 miles on the counter. Tires 9 yers old, so I bought new (Michelin Pilot Road3) and schooled of course also changed the battery. After some weeks the old ( Odesey don't last forever) one vas caputt, and in the midle of nowhere I got a new, but 3 mm to big. Kut half the battery case, and so it fit. Then I received tent etc, and vent to Cambria, Horizon Unlimited meeting. There, and on the road I have met many nice people, getting some contacts. For 3 weeks I have ride kross wise up the coast, San Francisco, Klaramath Mountains, Sacramento Valley, Sierra Nevada and are now heading for Death Valley. I believe they who build the roads, must be motorcycle riders. In addition through a fantastic landscape. Small towns, where time had stand still.
Try to get some pics in here.How do I find "URL" for my IPhoto??[/QUOTE]

https://picasaweb.google.com/1176682...eat=directlink
Old 11-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
Comrade Art
Working stiff

Oddometer: 428
Glad you're enjoying the West Coast.
Hopefully this will help you: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919

"All human beings by nature desire to know" - Aristotle
Comrade Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
vdo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Hei Hansi,

Welcome to the US. Not sure what your travel plans are, but if you are brave enough to reach the Dakotas, I will have a cold Ol and a shot of Linie waiting for you.

Ride Safe!!!

Hada
2004 1150 GS Sold
2004 620 KTM SXC Sold
2002 Suzuki Vinson
1988 Honda NX650 Sold

It's all fun and games until someone gets their Scrotum caught on a nail !!!!!!!!!!!!!
vdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 826
Grab the photo info like this (in Flickr anyway) Click on the photo you want to post, and this page will come up..... Click SHARE, and select HTML. Copy and paste the code. You can pick the size from here too.

If you are using Picasa, I think the "Share " button will have something similar.

Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #11
Rutabaga
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Welcome to the land of many choices in roads. Sounds like you are having an adventure already. We will enjoy reading about it.
Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote