Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #46
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
I hate to say it, and to be honest I've said it before and been wrong, but this time Reed really is done.
based on how he was breathing down RV's neck in 2012 I'd think it would be prudent to at least see a few rounds in 2014 before we go sticking a fork in the man.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #47
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
based on how he was breathing down RV's neck in 2012 I'd think it would be prudent to at least see a few rounds in 2014 before we go sticking a fork in the man.

Yep, this is just my personal and pessimistic opinion. I'd love for him to prove me wrong again. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I wrote off Windham before he actually hung up the boots! The best part of making these predictions is seeing how right or very wrong you are.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #48
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Yep, this is just my personal and pessimistic opinion. I'd love for him to prove me wrong again. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I wrote off Windham before he actually hung up the boots! The best part of making these predictions is seeing how right or very wrong you are.
but what are you basing it on? prior to the crash in 2012 he was right there and might have won it. even depleted he still outrode a lot of the field in 2013. Lackey was written off by the Red Sox fans and how are they liking him now? apples and oranges but I think Reed if anyone can give it another legitimate run, too many of the rest of them either don't have the killer instinct or self destruct too much. Reed has the additional motivation of now or never.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #49
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:
but what are you basing it on? prior to the crash in 2012 he was right there and might have won it. even depleted he still outrode a lot of the field in 2013. Lackey was written off by the Red Sox fans and how are they liking him now? apples and oranges but I think Reed if anyone can give it another legitimate run, too many of the rest of them either don't have the killer instinct or self destruct too much. Reed has the additional motivation of now or never.
I'm basing it of of interviews like this one and my views which are the same if not harsher on aging.

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/209493/38

Lackey plays for the Red Sox? Man, world MX champ AND MLB player? That guy IS good! (I don't follow baseball!)

Since Reeds last big year he is 2 years older and wiser (and slower?) and now has the kid as well. Time will tell. A1 is only what, 52 days away or something?

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #50
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,947
Quote:

I hope he's better at baseball than he is at golf.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #51
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
I'm basing it of of interviews like this one and my views which are the same if not harsher on aging.
it certainly is a young mans game. the $64,000 question is what is it that separates the guys who have a realistic chance of winning from the guys who fill out the 5th through 15th spots. I find the whole dynamic fascinating now that I've been following closely for a few years and can put faces to names again. watching the guys who consistently get good starts (top 5) and watching the replays of first turns is . some of those guys just don
t freaking let off. when I see our local guys obviously shutting down way before the first turn and conceding a back of the pack start it boggles my mind. even at the pro level guys know the pecking order it seems. why is Ciancaruolo finding it so easy to run well with the top riders on the planet? the mental games that go on inside some of these heads must be intense. look at Barcia, he may rub a lot of people the wrong way but you can't deny the guys committment to winning, and for the most part I think he's fairly clean, that guy wharton used to just take people out on a regular basis it seems. good riddance if he's lost his ride. at least Barcia's ends justify his means. but fittness and trick bike parts all go out the window on the starting line. I think Reed still has what it takes to not back off through the first turn and that in itself should be enough to give him a chance. he may not win the title but if he can win a few mains this year I think thats somewhat a success. can't wait till it starts and to see how Tomac runs. once again the top 5 will be crowded with 7-8 guys.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #52
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,766
Quote:
Lackey plays for the Red Sox? Man, world MX champ AND MLB player? That guy IS good! (I don't follow baseball!)
Yeah, the only Lackey I could think of is Bad Brad and I live 20 miles west of Boston.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #53
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
I hope he's better at baseball than he is at golf.
I'm still having nightmares about him cruising around in a Honda Fit...
Old 11-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #54
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:

Old age and no Aldon Baker!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #55
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Old age and no Aldon Baker!
point taken.

old age is a cruel reality. again, now or never for Reed but personally I think at his stage of the game if he can compete and finish top 4-5 it wouldn't be a failure in my book. It can't be overstated how good these guy are in 2013. All of them. If Reed can mix it up with the top 5 and be one of the top 5 given

JS7
RV
RD
Eli
Millsapps
Roczen

will all have something to say about it, plus throw in a dark horse like Josh Grant or Nicoletti, it really is going to be a great series.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #56
ADK OP
abluted

Oddometer: 8,175
Cool2

ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #57
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
point taken.

old age is a cruel reality. again, now or never for Reed but personally I think at his stage of the game if he can compete and finish top 4-5 it wouldn't be a failure in my book. It can't be overstated how good these guy are in 2013. All of them. If Reed can mix it up with the top 5 and be one of the top 5 given

JS7
RV
RD
Eli
Millsapps
Roczen

will all have something to say about it, plus throw in a dark horse like Josh Grant or Nicoletti, it really is going to be a great series.
Hey all I'd like to see is a competitive injury free season for all.with a fight down to the wire for 1st between 3 or 4 riders.Based on past years this aint gonna happen!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #58
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
No matter who wins it this is going to be a great season for the fans...
Old 11-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #59
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,070

Good times!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #60
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,401
Even though he has been out for mx he was a threat in SX, would love to see him in the mix all season!

pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote