Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #136
BigM
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscoact
You've seen those German videos i assume? they do them on piles of KTM jackets to give them that "special" feel and smell
Don't worry, I won't be sniffing or licking it ;)
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #137
BigM

Jacket with the standard collar attached. This is a XXXL and its a smidgen to wide on me, but it has good adjustment around the arms and waist. Good in the length. The front and side materials are slightly different colour, dunno if they are meant to be that way, but it is, and after the first dusting of dirt, I won't care anyway. The jacket is vented like a prostitute, full of holes. Should be decent in summer.

Pictures were with my phone, and poorly lighted and poorly positioned ;) Im proud im about 200cm (or 6foot 6) so if things look out of proportion, its because I am big.. i guess thats where my name comes from... or is that from the missus.... AHAHA)

Took 12-14 days to rock up (i lost count) meanwhile 'Tall Klim Dakar pants' have taken 2 months and 13 days... and still no show. Im sure Germany won't let me down with quality as well as efficency (I am ignoring the made in China sticker.... just fucks me off that its cheaper to have it sent from china to Germany to Australia, than it is to chuck it down over Indonesia to Oz direct.. sigh.)

on with the fashion show. Happy to take any additional pictures for people if they want it/armour pockets, drink hole whatever.
Attached Images

Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli

BigM screwed with this post 05-14-2010 at 06:21 AM
Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #138
BigM

Jacket with no collar attached, you can see the Leatt has no support at the front, and its a bloody big neck hole :)
Attached Images

Cedo Nulli
Old 05-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #139
BigM

With the black 'Leatt' collar, which is a smaller flexible zip in collar to support/hold in the brace. Seems to work well running around the lounge.
Attached Images

Cedo Nulli
Old 05-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #140
BigM

Shitting view of the side of me noggin.. and neck/brace/collar. You can see here how the black collar wraps around the brace and holds it in reasonably well.
Attached Images

Cedo Nulli
Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #141
Micl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
KTM JAcket

Ive got the model before the ones pictured and its got 25000 km over the last year. Great all purpose jacket had no problems. The only thing i don't like is air/water gets in through the front gap where the collar joins onto the jacket. In cold or rain I wear a push bike nylon spray jacket under it or you end up with cold/wet spot in the middle of your chest.

I use mine a fair bit with the leat and it works well. I bought a KTM leaat cover that goes over the neck brace and zips up around your neck works great adds some warmth and keeps bugs out

MicL
Micl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:03 AM   #142
BigM

Well the two black zips on the front center chest broke, first ride out. They zipped down fine, zipped up a bit fucked.

So well done on the quality control KTM. The rest of the jacket however works a treat as did the other zips. Didn't notice many wind issues with the leatt fitted either. Quite a comfy jacket. Wore it yesterday in 1, 9c weather and it was pretty warm with a shirt and pressure suit underneath but not too bad, with sustainedriding (not at 5kph in sand) it was good.

Cedo Nulli
Old 05-23-2010, 03:19 AM   #143
Dr AT
(KTM quack)

Oddometer: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM
Well the two black zips on the front center chest broke, first ride out. They zipped down fine, zipped up a bit fucked.

So well done on the quality control KTM. The rest of the jacket however works a treat as did the other zips. Didn't notice many wind issues with the leatt fitted either. Quite a comfy jacket. Wore it yesterday in 1, 9c weather and it was pretty warm with a shirt and pressure suit underneath but not too bad, with sustainedriding (not at 5kph in sand) it was good.
ummm, I told you so.... sorry, couldn't help it.

I got a refund on mine- KTM oz would only replace the jacket but the shop did the right thing and gave me a refund, so I spent the $ on 640 bits to say thanks.
Dr AT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #144
BigM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr AT
ummm, I told you so.... sorry, couldn't help it.

I got a refund on mine- KTM oz would only replace the jacket but the shop did the right thing and gave me a refund, so I spent the $ on 640 bits to say thanks.

I will just stick some silicon spray on the zips see if it helps make them slide any easier, as they are rather stiff. I may be able to resurrect the zips, we shall see.

I already spent thousands on 625 parts, so don't want to be giving them much more cash to say thanks at the moment. ;)

Bloody Germans

Cedo Nulli
Old 04-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #145
el spiderman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
BigM, where did you get the black leatt collar? Is that a ktm part?
el spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #146
AdventureDave
MMMMM Bundy!

Oddometer: 691
it comes with the jacket...well it use to, I assume it still comes with 2 collars.
AdventureDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #147
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,097
Just to let every one know that Kenny racing is now available in Australia
I'll be picking up a new jacket next week

Kenny-racing.com.au

I have nothing to do with them just like their product
Old 11-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #148
Crash77
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
I wear one of these jackets and was at Boltons looking for a plain pair of duds to go with it. Old mate there said just try the matching pants on, he was right, they are that comfortable that I bought them also. I know look like a lolly but I'm bloody comfortable.

Tried a decent stack in it all yesterday and I'm laid up in hospital and the gear is fine, helped by the fact that it was in deep sand.

I wear neck brace, body armour and pods and it all fits well once you get it on.

Crash
Crash77 is offline   Reply With Quote