Oddometer: 464
wild0 to the USA

Well

After drinking this

Eating this

Riding this

Wanting to shoot this

Meeting these

I've decided to go back to the great USA on the back of a dr650 or something similar in June of next year

This years trip to the US just did not cut it!

Plans are something like this,

but starting in LA, and with a lot more squiggles, backtracking and bits missing from the route

I've lost my license for 9 months over here for speeding, hence me being MIA

Anyway

DR-Z434E
Gas Gas EC 300

wild0 screwed with this post 11-24-2013 at 03:00 AM Reason: something something beer
wild0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
thecanoeguy
just a yobbo from oz

Oddometer: 1,837
that looks near enough to the trans america trail , i am guessing you know about that already , if not look at this

http://www.transamtrail.com/
thecanoeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
wild0 OP
Rubber duck

Well so today I had a few beers and I drew some squigglies on a map. I don't know how true I'll be to it but it's a general indication of where I'd like to go.

I also may of most probably definitely got my hands on a 2007 KLR 650 with 18,000 miles on it, located in cali

I'd never thought I'd be seen on a klr but people change I guess

Hoping on flogging off the DRZ and GasGas and going for 6-9 months+ most probably South of the border as it will get bloody cold past october.

Now I just need to find a way to distract me from the reality of working for another 6 months so I can support myself

DR-Z434E
Gas Gas EC 300
Old 11-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #4
Gadget678
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
Shit Will, you're more nuts than me.... All I want to do is ride across Australia a few times. You'd better be carerful or your parents will have you sectioned

You've still got a heap of gear to collect from Rod's -Including the Gasser- How & when are you going to manage that? (He does like the Gasser though)

I was going to bring the bike back for you earlier in the year; but then saw how much other stuff there is, including tools..... and decided to leave it to you. (Truth is that I had bugger all room left now that the van is gone.)

The 170 should turn up at your place in the next few days. I haven't had the 140 out for a run yet, but it should do nicely with the HID.

Have you ever noticed that when you're out on the bike, nothing else matters?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709292
Gadget678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
wild0 OP
Rubber duck

Actually I was going to give you a call today.. but I misplaced my phone so no dice. The light turned up today funnily enough... a bloke who lives a couple of km away dropped it off to me - Auspost sent it to the wrong address (no fault at your end).

I just googled what sectioned ment, scary stuff! Quite a real possibility

I'm aiming to spend as much time as possible over there to help reduce the initial expense of plane tickets and the bike.. after that it will cost half as much traveling over there compared to over here... and everyone knows everythings bigger in the states, so you really do get more value for $$$

Fairing looks great mate. Rodney dropped off most of my shit last time he was down here, just gotta get the gasgas.. most likely on the 14 of march next year - when I get the license back. Started pulling the dizzle down to get her all fixed up again.

DR-Z434E
Gas Gas EC 300
Old 11-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
Gadget678
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
Are you going to try a bit of casual work while you're over there? Or will you just get a holiday visa?

Have you ever noticed that when you're out on the bike, nothing else matters?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709292
Gadget678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
wild0 OP
Rubber duck

I'm looking into getting a working holiday visa but its a massive pain in the ass. . I'll try to pickup a few weeks work here and there. otherwise maybe find some oil and gas work in canada if I stay long enough to see the winter out as its pretty easy to get a visa over yonder

DR-Z434E
Gas Gas EC 300