User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
manii OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Puke Egypt Current Security Situation for Tourist

Dear Members please help me out want to know about current security situation in whole Egypt.. I am planing to move around on bike with some 4-5 friends but all are outsider so is it good to move around renting local scoter for 2-3 weeks..

Yr advice will be really helpful....
manii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
yair1956
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Egipt

..better check with the US Embassy, the have the most current intel
yair1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
SaharaRider
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hello, I am a local and I will give you my personal opinion (will try to be objective). It depends on what you are going to do and where you are going to ride. But I would say if you are planning on road trips from and to; Alexandria, Cairo, Hurghada, Gouna, sharm el sheikh and Dahab, you will be fine as long as you are travelling in a group. But you need to understand that travelling in big traffic congested cities on a bike is dangerous if you are not used to it, traffic laws are not like Europe and USA. If you are planning a offroad trip, I wouldn't go out to the desert without a tour guide/travel agent who is in the offroad business and knows how to deal with bedouins in the desert (basically had an agreement with them to pay them money in exchange of letting him travel through the desert).

Hope that helps.
SaharaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
manii OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaRider View Post
Hello, I am a local and I will give you my personal opinion (will try to be objective). It depends on what you are going to do and where you are going to ride. But I would say if you are planning on road trips from and to; Alexandria, Cairo, Hurghada, Gouna, sharm el sheikh and Dahab, you will be fine as long as you are travelling in a group. But you need to understand that travelling in big traffic congested cities on a bike is dangerous if you are not used to it, traffic laws are not like Europe and USA. If you are planning a offroad trip, I wouldn't go out to the desert without a tour guide/travel agent who is in the offroad business and knows how to deal with bedouins in the desert (basically had an agreement with them to pay them money in exchange of letting him travel through the desert).

Hope that helps.
Thx for the detail reply just see Details of Cross Egypt challenge 2013 it seems every thing ok ..
manii is offline   Reply With Quote