User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #76
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Slovakia to Ukraine or Poland???

So I and Ladislav (The Slovakian Princess’s boyfriend) headed of in the tractor on a search & recovery mission deep behind enemy lines of the Slovakian Mountains to find located and get eyes on the Sputnik Explorer who we planned to liberate from our foe and common enemy the notorious and deadly Erzberg “U” shaped pass…… Well not quit like this but it kind of felt like this to me

So once we found the Sputnik Explorer I rushed over and quickly picked her up carrying out a quick scan for any life threatening wounds she could have sustained during our last assault of the Erzberg, after I checked her over I looked over at Ladislav who already was wasting no time by putting my soft panniers and other items in the cab of his well equipment assault vehicle, the Slovakian version of a T34 tank but in the wood/log cutter trim.

We then tried to put her on the front of the Slovakian assault vehicle however as this was the wood/log cutter version it had no front bucket so would not fit, there was a few seconds silence but I had a feeling what was coming. Ladislav pointed up at the Erzberg and then back at me and then what happened next was pure genius, with hand gestures and drawing in the mud with sticks we devised a master plan some might say the plan of plans...

I was to gun it up the Erzberg on the Sputnik Explorer carrying out a surprise attack firing on all cylinders (well just one 400cc cylinder) catching it off guard and Ladislav would storm up behind me and once the Sputnik Explorer caught up too much flak and I bailed off Ladislav was to hold the back of the bike and then we would both go either side and start her back up walking her up the hill with me operating the clutch and throttle to the top where we would claim our victory. It was on!!!!

One on one, me and my nemesis the “Erzberg” going toe to toe (well not technically as I had Ladislav with me), so I headed over to the sputnik explorer moving my head side to side from shoulder to shoulder like a Olympic athlete about to give it his all and then Ladislav looked over at me with a stone cold icy stare and with the nod of his head I knew he was ready.

I then mounted the Sputnik Explorer (on the left side as I learnt from my mistake mounting on the right side in Belgium) and put my hands on the grips and moved them slowly in an strange romantic and kind of erotic way to the top of the headlight fairing tapping it letting her know I was ready and wishing her all the best as we both knew this could be the end of the trip right here as one of us might not make it through the other side

I then looked down at the floor silently feeling the same feeling I used to feel as a kid when I was a amateur boxer about to walk into the ring then with my right hand held out vertical and with a clenched fist I raised my thumb as far back and vertical as it would go to let Ladislav know I’m ready, it was a thumbs up that even Marvick of top gun would be proud off.

I then started her up building the revs up alittle and then dumped the clutch making the most of the hard ground we placed the bike on making my surprise attack with all cylinders firing (again just one 400cc cylinder as mentioned before, it’s a single cylinder bike) this time I got half way up before bailing off and as discussed Ladislav was storming right up behind me stopping the bike falling back as we righted her up and with one each side holding her firm I then started her up holding the clutch in and controlling the throttle as we walked her up however the rear wheel bogged down she stalled again but without any delay and true heroism Ladislav showed his true colours as a rufty tufty wood cutter and with super human strength he lifted her out and then shouted a war cry I will never forget until the end of my days which to me was the green light for Go Go Go!!!

So I started her back up and we then walked her to the top and together we both defeated our “Erzberg” (or small muddy hill) !!!!!!

Once at the top Ladislav gave me direct orders with hand signals the directions to the house as we would now split as he would take another route back, I watched Ladislav get in his tractor and as we made eye contact before I set of we both could tell we now had the 1000 yard stare and a bond that would last a life time.

So once back at the house Ladislavs other 2 brothers turned up to see who this lone traveller was along with some other people and they offered me more food and coffee again as I prepped the DRZ for traveling again, they also offered me to stay the night however I really felt like I did not want to impose and also I had a slight feeling they thought I was a little crazy as we probably all would if some random foreign guy just turned up in the middle of nowhere with his motorbike stuck in the mud saying he is heading to Tajikistan for no real reason on his own. So once the bike was ready I thanked them and hoped on the Sputnik Explorer. They then looked at me and ask where to next from here.

I asked how far Ukraine is and what direction, or is Poland closer? The Slovakian Princess smiled and said Poland is closer and gave me rough directions so I then thanked them all and headed off.

It started to get dark so the new plan of the hour was to gun it to Poland and then find somewhere to stay.

On route to Poland

So Poland it is then……………………………………

WesleyDRZ400 screwed with this post 11-17-2013 at 08:25 PM
WesleyDRZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #77
Mehaniotis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Are you making this stuff up as you go.:>)
I'm finding it hard to believe what I'm reading.
I'm not a drinking man but in your honor I will have a shot of single malt,maybe two.
To your health and safe trip.
Mehaniotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #78
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Poland short but sweet and very friendly people!

Poland's National Flag

It was very dark by the time I made it to the Polish town of Zakopane and once there I found a Mc Donald’s to use the free wifi, as I rode to park my bike near the window I never spotted the high curb and as I hit it my DRZ got alittle air time and I skidded right next to the window in a uncontrolled manner but I pretended I was meant to do this as I got off playing it cool.

I had parked next to a group of kids on scooter around 16 or so, they seemed really friendly and we started speaking about bikes and they asked where I was staying, I told them Im not sure and one young guy said I can stay at his house as he is staying with his friends tonight (or girlfriend) so I followed him back and parked my bike outside and he spoke to his dad who came out and he seemed to have had a few drinks so once inside I joined him, although I could not speak Polish or he English it was a better night than I would have had back home in any pub and I started to get very good at this game of hand charades to commutate with people.

After my fair share of straight Vodka I fell into another Alcoholic induced coma. In the morning I was Woken up early for a full breakfast and discussed my route to Ukraine which with various hand gestures he suggested I go to Lublin and cross over there so I set off to Lublin

Free home stay in Zakopane as i was a guest of a young scooter kid

Prepping the bike to go

So i then headed to Lublin

On route i came across a bike shop and stopped to get a oil change and no longer had i rolled in the guys made me a cup of coffee and not only changed the oil but cleaned it all with muck off and oiled the chain also, after talking about what i plan to see in Ukraine and the Carpathian mountains they also suggested i should follow the Carpathian mountains all the way down into Romanian also so i thought why not..?

Bike shop in Poland, very nice fine gentlemen i must admit

Finally the Sputnik Explorer gets a drink also

So i then set off again heading to Lublin and got there late in the day and found my self lost in a residential area some how, well a lot of people where walking around as it was around 6pm so must of been coming back from work and one fine gentleman i saw i asked if there was any wifi cafes near by so i could check for somewhere to stay, he did not speak 100% English so called his wife who came down and soon i found my self in there flat as they said i could use there wifi

Well before i knew it it would be pizza washed down with some of this

They then suggest i should put my bike in there garage and i stayed the night which was very kind of them so i did however i got no sleep as i was dreaming of Ukraine all night, Finally i will be out of the EU i could not wait!!!

I really liked this family a lot, well in the morning we said are good byes however they then showed me the way to the road i must take to the border as now i was only using my GPS as a speedo for KM read out as i never figured out how to change my DRZ display from MPH to KM

Photos of in the morning when we said our goodbyes, a very nice family

So on route from Lublin in Poland to the Ukrainian border

As i approached the border i stopped to take it all in, i felt like a kid who had his Christmas & birthday on the same day, i felt a little nervous but in a good way abit like that feeling you get on your first ever date as a teenager, i felt like i had won the lottery, I felt alive and would not change my place for anyone in the world at this moment in time

I felt like this Kid whilst sitting looking at the Ukraine border post on my trusty Sputnik Explorer !!!!!!!!

The Ukraine border from a distance

WesleyDRZ400 screwed with this post 01-26-2014 at 06:33 PM
Old 11-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #79
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehaniotis View Post
Are you making this stuff up as you go.:>)
I'm finding it hard to believe what I'm reading.
I'm not a drinking man but in your honor I will have a shot of single malt,maybe two.
To your health and safe trip.
Hi Mehaniotis I can fully assure you with the word of a gentleman it is all true and 90% of the people i met and stayed with are now friends on my facebook page so once this blog really starts rolling (as this is nothing yet) i will post the link there with a message to them all so they can also join in on this blog and i hope comment also.

Im still in touch with most of the people i meet and only just this week returned from Kyrgyzstan & Russia where i caught up with friends i made on this trip just as a basic tourist on foot with no motorbike, as i said at the beginning of this blog i have made new friends for life. Im currently working on a rotaion now back offshore on oil/gas rigs so on my time off i am continuing my travels throughout winter as a basic tourist on foot and public transport until the snow melts in Central Asia next year then im back on the road and reunited with my faithful Sputnik Explorer

I found out as alone rider people really embrace you more

The events that happen on this bike trip is just another day in the office for me as i mentioned at the beginning of the trip on the second page at the tender age of 30 i have done many things in my life and lived a full life and have traveled alot, on my travels i always try stay and live with local people of the grid.

You cant surprise me and also im hard to impress and just take it all in my stride

Its just they way my life has been and i would not change it for the world, im very lucky in life, maybe because i am Optimism. i would say i am a easy go lucky type of guy who puts alot of trust in people however i also know kung fu

I have had far more andvetures in my life than this trip however as per the forums rules i cant post them here and to be fair i would not want to

I WesleyDRZ400 quote article 2 from the ADV ride report rules

2. It’s about Motorcycle Ride Reports, ok?

• Not about car, truck, train, quad, snowmobile, airplane, helicopter, bicycle, ski, skateboard, walking, jogging, business trips, pets, or animals. Did we miss any? If you’ve got some of these, post ‘em in Jo Momma: Shiny Things forum, that’s where the Fluff goes.

Being a motor biker has totally changed my outlook on life and also me as a person and i am glade i am part of this massive world wide family.

I thank you for having a shot of single malt in my honor ( I would prefer it if you had 2 shots) however i must tell you im now a Vodka straight man myself

WesleyDRZ400 screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 01:29 AM Reason: Shocking spelling as always........
Old 11-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #80
Kokosha
n00b

Oddometer: 4
coming to UA

Wesley, you're the first person I'm reading here who really tells he's been looking forward not to just pass UA by and come closer to whatever the destination was, but was anticipating smth IN UA))))) few shots waiting for you in Kyiv)))
and if you tell you've seen and remembered smth but the girls - then more then few)))

Kokosha screwed with this post 11-17-2013 at 06:07 PM
Kokosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #81
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babar69 View Post
and saw The Princess of Games of Thrones
OOOOOoowwwwww and how i still dream of her........

WesleyDRZ400 screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 01:43 AM
Old 11-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #82
tee bee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
I thought you were a bit mad when we first met,mate....but i didn,t realise just how mad.
tee bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #83
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokosha View Post
Wesley, you're the first person I'm reading here who really tells he's been looking forward not to just pass UA by and come closer to whatever the destination was, but was anticipating smth IN UA))))) few shots waiting for you in Kyiv)))
and if you tell you've seen and remembered smth but the girls - then more then few)))
Ok so be careful with them words "few shots waiting for you in Kyiv" as i could be knocking on your door shortly as i operate on a international scale these days........

Well i came for the Carpathian mountains and also the Famous Crimea but found much more and every where in this amazing country was great and real friendly people, Ukraine is a place i will be visiting alot and not just passing across.

Ok i don't wont to spoil the rest so soon i will be posting about it with many pictures
Old 11-18-2013, 01:41 AM   #84
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee bee View Post
I thought you were a bit mad when we first met,mate....but i didn,t realise just how mad.
Not as mad as that bike i am currently building with the mad scientist ,The Sputnik Explorer Mk 2

Better, faster, stronger
Old 11-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #85
Woosha
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Top stuff Wesley, very entertaining reading!
Keep it up, I can't wait to see the Ghan!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #86
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosha View Post
Top stuff Wesley, very entertaining reading!
Keep it up, I can't wait to see the Ghan!
Hi Woosha sorry but i dont wont to mislead you but as per the ride report title my trip is called "Tajikistan Or Bust! Solo trip from England to the Afghanistan border via Chechnya"

If you are intrested in a ride report from Afghanistan i very strongly advise you to see the blog which is amazing!!!!!!!!!

Uralistan: Bishkek to Kabul
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923656

He was in this part of the world the same time as me and whilst i was in Tajikistan i heard about the border being closed and also heard rummors of expats stuck on the other side in Afghanistan from the people in the Tajik village i was staying and living with who became like my second family during my stay, i blended in so well even wearing local cloths and took my turn cutting the grass fields to get ready for the winter that passing tourist though i was Tajik and even commented how good my English was

Well this part of the blog is along way off for now.........
Old 11-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #87
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,419
Amazing!!!!!!! Thanks for putting the 1st smiles of the day on my face while catching up on your report.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #88
hummel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Think i'm going to enjoy this,

Tell me though,have you considered organizing commercial overland trips

Any pics of the goddess with the horse?

Excellent choice of bike,needs basic prep and your good to go
hummel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #89
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post
Think i'm going to enjoy this,

Tell me though,have you considered organizing commercial overland trips

Any pics of the goddess with the horse?

Excellent choice of bike,needs basic prep and your good to go
hummel i am currently stuck in a airport waiting to fly off for a 2 week shift in the middle of the North Sea so my report is going to slow down for a week or so, yes i have 1000s of pictures on my laptop but it smashed near the end of my trip so i only just got it back from being fixed so at night when i have finished my shift i will sort though all the pictures.....and yes i have the picture of the Slovakian Princess. i reckon that if i get the picture of her copied on to a large poster format i could sell it and retire with the profits........

When i find it i will put it up in that part of the blog where it belongs until the end of time to show the world (well just us ADV rider's...but thats bascily the whole world right?) what the true benchmark of female beauty is...................................

And with regards to the choice of bike, wait to you see what i am currently building (with put blog up in the right forum then)

I think once i have finshed my new bike build i will run to the loft of my house and cover my self in a old damp blanked crying like the man who created frankenstein who relized what a monster he had made saying over and over to my self "what have i done, what have i created".

WesleyDRZ400 screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 07:21 AM
Old 11-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #90
Mehaniotis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Being stuck in the middle of the ocean on a oil rig with the Slovakian Princess on your mind is a recipe for wet dreams.... I know,I was in the navy.
Serious note,man. I noticed that you are a man with great compassion by the way you wrap your arms around the children where ever you happen to be found. You're a good man.
Mehaniotis is offline   Reply With Quote