Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #2221
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaza View Post
I searched EVERYWHERE and cannot find a side by side comparison with the pelican 1550 and 1520..can anyone chime in?

by looking at the photos, looks like the 1550 is too big.. but I'm afraid the 1520 will be too small (is it really just 25L?)

btw - to be used as side panniers for a tiger 800xc
1550 work best with mult-cycl adv bikes
1520 work best with 650 dual sport thumpers.
i'd go with the 1550 and then use the optional liners.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #2222
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,199
Top cases and cargo plates for 2013 R1200GSW and F800GS Adventure

Introducing the Caribou top cases and cargo plates for the 2013 BMW R1200GSW and F800GS Adventure....

35L Pelican Top Case System on the 2013 R1200GSW...

Cargo plate...

F800GS Adventure...

Our top cases come in 25 Liter Pelican, 26 Liter Seahorse, 34 Liter B&W, 35L Pelican, 35 Liter Storm, and 40 Liter SKB. The complete system includes cargo plate with our QFS mount system, case with integrated waterproof lid lock, and all bike-specific mounting hardware. Case-Only and Cargo Plate-Only products are also available so you can build it your way if you want. Back rest pads, lid organizers, tie down brackets and straps, and SOLAS reflective tape kits are some of the great accessories available. Please visit www.cariboucases.com to order.

Thank you!

-roger
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone

CaribouCases screwed with this post 01-27-2014 at 04:27 AM
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:44 AM   #2223
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

New Top Case DIY kit

Introducing the new Caribou External Latch DIY kit that allows you to build a top case system with the latch on the outside of the case. Available in two styles Standard, and a Deluxe version that includes a lid lock kit for several types of Pelican and Storm cases. These DIY kits fit our Caribou cargo plates or any plate that is already drilled with the Givi-style mounting hole pattern. Several models of Pelican/Storm/SKB cases may be used, or any flat-backed case with an area of at least 10 x 10 available on the back.

Parts assembled on a Pelican 1550 case...

Parts assembled to one of our cargo plates...

Please visit www.cariboucases.com to order, in stock and ready to go!

-Roger
Old 01-29-2014, 04:45 AM   #2224
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

New Top Case DIY kit

Introducing the new Caribou External Latch DIY kit that allows you to build a top case system with the latch on the outside of the case. Available in two styles Standard, and a Deluxe version that includes a lid lock kit for several types of Pelican and Storm cases. These DIY kits fit our Caribou cargo plates or any plate that is already drilled with the Givi-style mounting hole pattern. Several models of Pelican/Storm/SKB cases may be used, or any flat-backed case with an area of at least 10 x 10 available on the back.

Parts assembled to one of our cargo plates, our Caribou cargo plates are pre-drilled for this kit...

-Roger
Old 01-29-2014, 04:51 AM   #2225
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

New Top Case DIY kit

Parts assembled to one of our cargo plates, our Caribou cargo plates are pre-drilled for this kit...

If you already have (or are planning to buy) our side case system for Givi or SW Motech EVO racks, you can order this top case kit to be compatible with either one. This means you can take one of our side cases for Givi or Motech and move it to the rear top case position (some latch adjustment may be necessary).

-Roger
Old 02-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #2226
rc51owner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Any 1190/1190R owners out there sporting on of these?

Has any one mounted a caribou system on a KTM 1190 or 1190R yet? If so, which system did you chose and could you share some pictures especially from the back. I have yet to see any rear shots of the Hepco Becker system mounted on an 1190. My concern is how high the cases are on this system verses others (that are then forced to be asymmetrical due to the high exhaust). Personally I am thinking of going for the 1440 top loaders. I might have to put a "wide load" sticker on the back though. :-)

Cheers,

M
rc51owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #2227
Clydeman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Tiger Explorer side cases

Does anyone out there have some photos of their Explorer with the Caribou 36L top-loading side cases? Strongly considering the Triumph and I like the looks and the robust nature of these bags. Thanks.
Clydeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #2228
reenmachine
Rain or Shine

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51owner View Post
Has any one mounted a caribou system on a KTM 1190 or 1190R yet? If so, which system did you chose and could you share some pictures especially from the back. I have yet to see any rear shots of the Hepco Becker system mounted on an 1190. My concern is how high the cases are on this system verses others (that are then forced to be asymmetrical due to the high exhaust). Personally I am thinking of going for the 1440 top loaders. I might have to put a "wide load" sticker on the back though. :-)

Cheers,

M
I just put a deposit down on an 1190 and I'll have it in a couple weeks. I have the 36L side-loaders on my G650GS and would love to be able to use them on the KTM as well but have the same concern. Well, not really a concern, but I'd like to see pics first.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #2229
Cubdriver
Stampede Swimmer

Oddometer: 669
Small top case

Roger, I'm thinking of adding a small top case for tools to my new 800GS. I know the 1400 is a little small and was thinking of a 1450. No top plate yet but I'm thinking a MOD would be my choice? Will your locks and attachment systems fit the 1450 or do you offer anything else that may work?

For Mrs CD:F650GS, G650GS
Cubdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #2230
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Our cargo plates are actually drilled to accept the 1500 case, but that's a small as we can go and still get a lock into the lid of the case. Our QFS mount system will work with the 1500 case and our cargo plate. If you go with a different plate then you will need to bolt it down or use one of our DIY QFS kits.

-rog
Old 03-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #2231
rc51owner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
I just put a deposit down on an 1190 and I'll have it in a couple weeks. I have the 36L side-loaders on my G650GS and would love to be able to use them on the KTM as well but have the same concern. Well, not really a concern, but I'd like to see pics first.
Nearly two months since my original question and nearly a month since your response and still no pictures of any caribou system on an 1190 KTM.

Cheers,

M
rc51owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:54 PM   #2232
quadzillabill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
So, I bought Wolfman racks for my '12 Tiger XC last fall. Evidently now discontinued, but can I still get the DIY kit to fit my Pelican cases to them?

'12 Triumph Tiger 800 XC (Adventure Build-up Underway)
'09 Husqvarna TE 310 Farkled *For Sale*
'99 640 Adventure R *Gonzo*
quadzillabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:11 AM   #2233
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51owner View Post
Nearly two months since my original question and nearly a month since your response and still no pictures of any caribou system on an 1190 KTM.

Cheers,

M
If we had the photos we would certainly post them. I don't think we have sold a set of top loaders for this bike yet. One thing I do know is that the mufflers are a little higher on this bike model, so that would put the top loaders in particular higher since they are taller cases than say our side loading Pelicans.

-roger
Old 03-31-2014, 05:14 AM   #2234
CaribouCases OP
Boulder CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadzillabill View Post
So, I bought Wolfman racks for my '12 Tiger XC last fall. Evidently now discontinued, but can I still get the DIY kit to fit my Pelican cases to them?
We never made a mount kit for the racks you mention (BRM originally). Most of the BRM racks had no rear cross bar, so they were intended for soft saddle bags not really good for hard cases.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:15 AM   #2235
quadzillabill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouCases View Post
We never made a mount kit for the racks you mention (BRM originally). Most of the BRM racks had no rear cross bar, so they were intended for soft saddle bags not really good for hard cases.
My bad. I guess that kit was also a Wolfman (BR) product. My Tiger's rack has plenty of strength for a hard bag (it has the rear cross bar) so I've got to figure out how to connect the two. Assuming you don't have a product, could you recommend another? Looks like Happy Trails sells something that would work, but I've got to do more research...

'12 Triumph Tiger 800 XC (Adventure Build-up Underway)
'09 Husqvarna TE 310 Farkled *For Sale*
'99 640 Adventure R *Gonzo*
quadzillabill is offline   Reply With Quote