User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #31
Dyn Blin
Irn Bru Lover

Oddometer: 74
Seen some of your work

on local "canvases", I had no idea you did helmets- beautiful work no matter a medium of epidermis or MJP-

Do you do carbon fiber?
Dyn Blin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #32
Inky OP
Got paint?

Oddometer: 106
[QUOTE=Dyn Blin;22774208]on local "canvases", I had no idea you did helmets- beautiful work no matter a medium of epidermis or MJP-

Do you do carbon fiber?[/QUOT

At the chance of sounding like an a$$....why would you paint heavenly carbon fiber? If it is needed...I can ask the Paint God and learn. And thank you!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #33
Dyn Blin
Irn Bru Lover

[QUOTE=Inky;22774832]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn Blin View Post
on local "canvases", I had no idea you did helmets- beautiful work no matter a medium of epidermis or MJP-

Do you do carbon fiber?[/QUOT

At the chance of sounding like an a$$....why would you paint heavenly carbon fiber? If it is needed...I can ask the Paint God and learn. And thank you!!!
Fair question- it's light and low profile and my most comfortable helmet..

& I'm damned tired of black.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #34
Inky OP
Got paint?

[QUOTE=Dyn Blin;22777923]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post

Fair question- it's light and low profile and my most comfortable helmet..

& I'm damned tired of black.
My friend BigDogBites has one of those helmets, and he has said the same thing. Light and comfy, but boring. I think those have a clear coat on them that can be sanded down for paint to stick to it.....shouldn't be a pain. I'm toasted thru Christmas with all of my other projects.....but it could be something that I can do for you in the new year. Full face, full graphics start at $850.00 and that includes the clearcoat cost. I know it's pricey, but it's all hand painted and hand cut stencils, so it usually takes 2 of my weekends to complete a helmet. If that is still a go, then give me a call at the shop and I can arrange a consultation for you. If that is too damn expensive.....just giggle at me and we will carry on!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #35
Dyn Blin
Irn Bru Lover

[QUOTE=Inky;22786263][QUOTE= If that is too damn expensive.....just giggle at me and we will carry on![/QUOTE]

Giggling like a schoolgirl, and yes, we'll carry on-

It's certainly not the worth of your work,but for that outlay, I'd rather commission something I won't want to ride off the bluff at River's End the first time I scratch it.

I drove by the shop last night and wondered why it was dark.

Who did the paint job for the tanks on the bikes usually parked outside on the sidewalk?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #36
Inky OP
Got paint?

[QUOTE=Dyn Blin;22814020]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post

Giggling like a schoolgirl, and yes, we'll carry on-

It's certainly not the worth of your work,but for that outlay, I'd rather commission something I won't want to ride off the bluff at River's End the first time I scratch it.

I drove by the shop last night and wondered why it was dark.

Who did the paint job for the tanks on the bikes usually parked outside on the sidewalk?
It is weird to get used to wearing a piece of art like that on your helmet. I've painted so many for us that we always celebrate the first bug and the scratches and dings are a badge of honor. All in all they are still helmets and need to be there to protect the cranium....but yeah.....too much money to lose on a trip over the asphalt!! I have painted the blue GS, the black and copper R 65, and the yellow V-max. The rest are stock. Sunday and Monday I am usually elsewhere in the county......tuesday thru saturday is my work week.