User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
fetchfire OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I've created a free site to keep track of your maintenance schedual

First off, I'm really sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, I read the rules and this seemed the best place for the thread.

I've created a site to keep track of vehicle maintenance. It's free and for the moment ad free. I will need to put some minor ads in if the cost goes up.

MainteMinder.com lets you add all your bikes (or cars) and then create maintenance schedules for them. You can either add each maintenance item individually or import the lot by CSV. You then update your bike's odometer reading every now and then and the site will try to guess your current odometer reading based on past readings. Then once a week, if you have any maintenance due, it will email you a list. Each user is assigned a mailing day by modulo to spread the load out. So if your friend gets mail on a different day this is normal.

Nothing due within a week? - then no email annoying you for nothing.

I have been using the site to manage 2 bikes and car for the last 6 months as I worked on it. It is really useful if you are into doing your own maintenance. Or even just remind you to take it to the shop for a routine oil change.

When you come to sell, you can show buyers a maintenance report that the site generates.

You can create an account using your Twitter, Facebook, or Google account. Or if you don't like using those accounts you can make a local account on the site.
At the moment user's are limited to 5 vehicles per account. I can increase this on a case by case basis. I think most people have less than 5.

I created this site to learn the programming language that it is written in. If you have any ideas for features let me know. In the future I am hoping to add obd2 support so that you don't have to enter your odometer reading at all. Then you could also graph obd2 data for your bike at the same time.
fetchfire is offline   Reply With Quote