ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #166
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
Thanks Jeff. I think Aven is the artist and Abz is going to be the jock. Aven just told she didn't want to do ski classes this winter but instead wants to do SKART, a cool program where they ice skate for an hour then go inside and do artwork. As quirky as telluride is its got some great stuff for the kidz. Abigail is already asking to get on Aven's Oset so we will keep it (the OSET) around another couple years and see what shakes out.
The day I wrote that sappy post was extra rough because we were on our way to a memorial for a friend who lost her battle with the big C, leaving a husband and two young children behind. The night she passed we got a call to come get the younger girl so mom could be at peace for her last few hours, although we didn't know it at the time. As we sat at the dinner table across from this sweet young girl the wind really picked up out of nowhere, it was just a really nasty night all of the sudden and we knew it was some higher force coming to take our friend and this sweet little girls mom away.

fuck cancer...
Life is a box of chocolates. Sometimes the chewy center is mint-vanilla creme, sometimes it's a white dog dropping from the 70's.

I'm overdue for some desert therapy. Let's get together around a fire and distill the meaning of life.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #167
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 5,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Life is a box of chocolates. Sometimes the chewy center is mint-vanilla creme, sometimes it's a white dog dropping from the 70's.

I'm overdue for some desert therapy. Let's get together around a fire and distill the meaning of life.
YES!!! I need some of that caveman TV and deep distilling!! I kinda feel like riding again too!!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #168
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,381
ok, time to reflect back on a great summer and fall...here are some photos of my boys, Colter, 9 yrs old and his sidekick Dylan, 6yrs old.

Teamwork-they got stuck mudding in some ruts at Peach Valley. Did they need my hand, oh no! Colter went straight to my truck, got my chain, grabbed his brother and they went and got it out! Here is their victory lap!
[IMG][/IMG]
Dylan doing some moto at Peach Valley
[IMG][/IMG]
Their friend Jackson, absolutely ripping it at Peach Valley. This was his 7th birthday!
[IMG][/IMG]

Some 4 wheeling on the Rim trail, off Divide Rd on the Uncompahgre Plateau
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Your kid may be on the honor roll, but mine pukes rainbows!
[IMG][/IMG]

No water? No problem! This was completely Colter's idea BTW!
[IMG][/IMG]
We spent a lot of time at skateparks this summer. Dylan learned a lot of tricks, here he is doing a 50/50 grind..
[IMG][/IMG]
This was from the end of ski season last year, but we are getting stoked for this season! Dylan was 5 at the time this was taken, he earned his turns for his first double diamond run.
[IMG][/IMG]
And a shot of Colter to show the steepness...
[IMG][/IMG]

I have really been enjoying showing them all the different activities our region offers. They will probably still hate me when they are teens, but i will know that i tried to give them as many cool experiences that i could!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #169
Patj551
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 630
Trevor, LOVE those pics! What a great summer & fall! Pretty damn lucky kids! Pretty damn lucky Dad! Thanks for giving me a big smile to start my day!
Patj551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #170
grizCP
DROC

Oddometer: 330
Christmas stoke! More photos to follow when we get past the "sitting on a toolbox" phase - no hurry here at all.

It's a pretty cool moment to realize this could be one of the best gifts for both of us, 15 years from now. I love seeing father/son duos on big adventures together... nothing like seeing the smile on the Bro-man's face, though!

Old 12-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #171
BuilderScott OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizCP View Post
Christmas stoke! More photos to follow when we get past the "sitting on a toolbox" phase - no hurry here at all.

It's a pretty cool moment to realize this could be one of the best gifts for both of us, 15 years from now. I love seeing father/son duos on big adventures together... nothing like seeing the smile on the Bro-man's face, though!

BuilderScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #172
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
I know this thread is usually for the younger adv kids, but my 17yr old son did something on Saturday that I just gotta share. At the beginning of the summer, he was just learning and could barely navigate trails and barely keep me in sight. He followed me to the races all year and started entering the hare scrambles with me in June. The first few races, I had to wait for the sweep crews to bring him in from whatever predicament he had gotten himself into. He was usually upside down somewhere. He started finishing races towards the end of the year.

He rode my WR450F until late this fall. Then, I let him take my YZ450F for a ride. His eyes lit up and I never got it back. He started hanging out with his MX buddies and hitting Aztec MX track for practice every weekend. The 1st round of the Winter Combat Series he got 8th in the open beginner class. I was pretty proud of him, but in the back of my head, I thought I could still wax the boy.

I picked up a new 450SXF a couple of weeks ago and Satruday I went out to Aztec with him and his buddies. I'm no MX'er by any means, but I've always been able dust the boy. After an hour or so of riding and getting used to my new bike, he and his buddies pulled me over and we lined up for a 3 lap "race".

I got the "holeshot" since they are all on 250F's, but within a lap, most of them had passed me, tripling and doubling along. On the 2nd lap, on the back straight, they have an uphill tabletop that I just have no desire to try and clear. I do my best "Bubba Scrub", get back on the gas, and jump off the back side. As I'm "scrubbing" I hear a bike over my head to my right. There were a bunch of bikes on the track so it didn't surprise me that I was getting passed. I looked over to see who it was....my son was jumping over my head!

Little bastard passed me and left me! I held it open as long as I dared, but I never caught him. Everytime we hit one of those double jumps, I backed off and he just pinned it. I guess all that practicing with his buddies is paying off! Even though I was pissed that he passed me, I was just as proud to see him taking off and flying on his own.

The worst part? For his birthday in October I bought him a GoPro. Of course he had it rolling when he passed me. He's looking down and giggling at me. The look on my face when I realized it was him....priceless! Stupid GoPro....and no I am NOT going to post the video here!
Remember this post from a year ago? This weekend at Aztec, Greco-boy went 1-1 in his class in the Winter Combat Series. First win ever! I am one proud Dad! Mid pack starts in each moto, worked his way to the front and just checked out.

Didya see that, Dad? How about when I.....didya see that Dad? That was one of the best rides home....ever.

C'mon CORCS/RMEC/WEBE series....its the only chance I have to beat the boy any more.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #173
sno
On a mission!

Oddometer: 131
My son Reid is 22 months & my daughter Sylvie is 4.5 years and pretty wild. Some of you might recognize my bike as Muffin Man's old ride?

After crashing the Barbie Vette with her brother on board.. :)

Old 12-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #174
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 5,032
^^^^^

Reid is like, "get me out of here, I don't want to be seen near this barbie vette"
Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #175
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,381
TotalDork and Griz, those are some great photos!
Tell Reid it is okay if the girl wants to drive the motorcycle, we need more ladies interested in this sport!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #176
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 770
They grow up fast

From this:

To this:

In the blink of an eye.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #177
bigtex
Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer: 727
Weather is perfect and LittleTex has a new 4-wheeler, so we're heading to Pawnee Saturday. We'll be the old guy inflicting excessive gravity on a poor XR250R and the skinny kid on the Suzuki ATV with the horns off of a cruise ship. Really.

bigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #178
bigtex
Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer: 727
Did I mention the horns?

Laugh you might, but we got a good 3 hours in the garage together learning wiring, soldering, the purpose of a relay, and creative structural fabrication. All good.

bigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #179
SaharaJp99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 656
I think we definitely have a future rider here! He loves the bike!

SaharaJp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:50 AM   #180
grizCP
DROC

Oddometer: 330
First day of Strider on real single track!

Brody _ Strider _ 4.18.14 from Bob Vankirk on Vimeo.

grizCP screwed with this post 04-19-2014 at 05:57 AM
grizCP is offline   Reply With Quote