More on MJ Motorsports:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...Gi-2U.facebook
Old 10-31-2013, 06:21 AM   #32
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
MJM is precisely the sort of team--professional, competent, well-funded by non-moto-industry sponsor--DMG wanted to fill its paddock. And MJM is saying to DMG, sorry, guys, you haven't made it possible, and are showing no signs that you will. Bye.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #33
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveymushman View Post
mjm is precisely the sort of team--professional, competent, well-funded by non-moto-industry sponsor--dmg wanted to fill its paddock. And mjm is saying to dmg, sorry, guys, you haven't made it possible, and are showing no signs that you will. Bye.
exactly!!!!'
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #34
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
Jake's got a ride.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...vi3_Y.facebook

Old 10-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #35
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,947
I think very smart for JU to hire JZ. He has shown recently he is still among the fastest, even with little seat time. They could win a championship with Jake. Their other rider would likely move up as well.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #36
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Their other rider would likely move up as well.
I would like to see that happen.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #37
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Good news, he's a nice guy.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #38
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
Nothing else to talk about in this thread so how about some genuine offseason nonsense?

With the motorcycle market still suffering and so many other places for fans to spend money, I don't see either AMA Pro Road Racing or AMA Pro Flat Track returning to their glory days anytime soon, if ever. I propose the AMA combine the the road racing and flat track championships along the lines of the old Grand National Championship. Both disciplines are struggling to put together full schedules. Both need more participants, more money, more events, more fans and televison viewers.

Short list of pros:
- More events
- Much of the top talent in road racing has dirt track experience
- Could possibly kick-start interest from ostracized fan base(s).
- Existing road racing and flat track teams could join forces to share costs/expertise
- Suzuki, Kawasaki, Triumph, KTM brands are represented in both series. Yamaha could suggest using their new 700cc parallel twin
- Maybe a place for Pro Supermoto among with the short track/TT singles events (really, really dreaming here but I LOVE supermoto)

Short list of cons:
- Class structure could be too confusing for attention-deficit America
- Limited road race experience for much of the top flat track talent
- No place for HD on the road race side (BIG problem)
- Existing teams would not want to share resources or give up control of any aspect of their programs and building a new set of bikes for the "other half" of the championship is prohibitively expensive
- Just a plain dumb idea

I would have put this in the Flat Track thread but I already know what FT fans would say.

Could this could work? Would it be a step in the wrong direction? What say you?
Old 11-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #39
kwh
Fat Hairy Git

Oddometer: 226
Or the Americans could all come & race in BSB... there's better US TV coverage of our domestic championship than there is of yours... and have you seen a BSB championship race weekend?
kwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #40
kwh
Fat Hairy Git

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Nothing else to talk about in this thread so how about some genuine offseason nonsense?

With the motorcycle market still suffering and so many other places for fans to spend money, I don't see either AMA Pro Road Racing or AMA Pro Flat Track returning to their glory days anytime soon, if ever. I propose the AMA combine the the road racing and flat track championships along the lines of the old Grand National Championship. Both disciplines are struggling to put together full schedules. Both need more participants, more money, more events, more fans and televison viewers.

Short list of pros:
- More events
- Much of the top talent in road racing has dirt track experience
- Could possibly kick-start interest from ostracized fan base(s).
- Existing road racing and flat track teams could join forces to share costs/expertise
- Suzuki, Kawasaki, Triumph, KTM brands are represented in both series. Yamaha could suggest using their new 700cc parallel twin
- Maybe a place for Pro Supermoto among with the short track/TT singles events (really, really dreaming here but I LOVE supermoto)

Short list of cons:
- Class structure could be too confusing for attention-deficit America
- Limited road race experience for much of the top flat track talent
- No place for HD on the road race side (BIG problem)
- Existing teams would not want to share resources or give up control of any aspect of their programs and building a new set of bikes for the "other half" of the championship is prohibitively expensive
- Just a plain dumb idea

I would have put this in the Flat Track thread but I already know what FT fans would say.

Could this could work? Would it be a step in the wrong direction? What say you?
I say you make it a 'selected rounds' thing, and only select rounds where there are no schedule clashes. That way full time racers in both series can also do the 'Grand National' rounds in the other discipline, while others can just do the 'Grand National' rounds in both championships and have themselves a season of sorts. Also, probably not Superbikes - it would need to be something like Supersport vs Pro Singles so that the people playing away from home didn't kill themselves on a Superbike or a full on fire-breathing flat track monster. All Harley would need to do is agree to collaborate with Erik Buell Racing, boy would I want to be a fly on the wall in that meeting, to divide responsibilities between flat-track and road-racing under a "Team 'Murrica" banner...

I'd pay actual cash money to watch Shayna Texter have a run-out on a road race bike.
kwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #41
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
JD Beach announced on Facebook that he will ride the #6 Graves YamahaR6 next year. Good for JD.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #42
gonnagetthere
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Yup, read about that at Soup this morning.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Nov/131123a.htm
gonnagetthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #43
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,947
JD was very strong the last half. I think he deserves the ride, but Yamaha had a couple of other riders that were deserving too. Probably not that tough a choice, given Beach's broad appeal and dirt track skills. Anyways, glad to see it. I hope there is a decent schedule and paddock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
JD Beach announced on Facebook that he will ride the #6 Graves YamahaR6 next year. Good for JD.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #44
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I hope there is a decent schedule and paddock.
Closing in on the new year and no series sponsor, no tv package, and only three events "confirmed" . . .

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #45
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Closing in on the new year and no series sponsor, no tv package, and only three events "confirmed" . . .
yeah, not long ago we would be looking forward to the December Daytona tire test, checking out the new ama grid.
Is there even a tire test anymore, yet alone an ama grid?? I'm glad for JB and all, but will Yamaha be racing against anyone? Lord I hope so, I hope the series bounces back from the oblivion it's in right now, and comes back to the world class series it used to be. In the 25+ years I've followed it, this is the scariest shape it's ever been in.
lotsa big talk about the british series, but shit, not long ago, the ama series was THE national series to be running, and all the others were a step behind. WTF????
haven't said it in a while, but fuck the ama and dmg. BASTARDS!!! they have killed the sport in this country. Please, somebody rescue it from these assholes!!!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote