ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #76
Sindarin
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: WI
Oddometer: 67


Sindarin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #77
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer
 
Dave.0's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The coldest part of Arizona
Oddometer: 737
The BMW folks have been watching a few KTM videos
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #78
RC.
Cola
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: In transit
Oddometer: 90
Looks like it will eat rear tires.
RC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #79
Velociraptor
TrackBum
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 1,085
Yeah really looks similar to the KTM stuff. The 4 cylinder just does not do it for me. I prefer the big twin!
__________________
2014 KTM EXC 500
2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R
2009 KTM 690r Enduro SOLD
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #80
burgerking
echt bezopen
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Oddometer: 564
wow a BMW vid with wheelies burn outs etc......next thing they tell me BMW is actually going bike racing at world championship level.....















oohh wait
burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #81
cls
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: N GA
Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
wow a BMW vid with wheelies burn outs etc...
Yes, but they "insist" you not do such things.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #82
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,745
£9,990 ($16,128.85) to £11,390 ($18,398.27) with options.

BMW 2014 prices announced - Motorcycle news: New bikes - Visordown
__________________
i haz z1000!

southwade screwed with this post 11-25-2013 at 12:44 PM
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #83
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,804
Useful for UK people, but the non-US prices rarely translate to US prices directly.

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #84
Omarius
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Useful for UK people, but the non-US prices rarely translate to US prices directly.

Jim
True, but both the S1000R and the R9t cost like 1500 quid more than the horrible looking R1200R. Which means that they are both too expensive for me to give a crap about them. I was really hoping they'd come in at or below R1200R money.

With the near negligible difference in price between the S1000R and the S1000RR...might as well keep the 30hp and better looks of the RR.
Omarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #85
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarius View Post
True, but both the S1000R and the R9t cost like 1500 quid more than the horrible looking R1200R. Which means that they are both too expensive for me to give a crap about them. I was really hoping they'd come in at or below R1200R money.

With the near negligible difference in price between the S1000R and the S1000RR...might as well keep the 30hp and better looks of the RR.
Agreed. For $14-15k I would have been very interested. For $18k I have lost all interest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
__________________
i haz z1000!
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #86
apessino
Beastly Adventurer
 
apessino's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwade View Post
Agreed. For $14-15k I would have been very interested. For $18k I have lost all interest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
It is not going to be $18k - I think it is going to start well under $14K.
__________________
14 BMW HP4 Competition 13 KTM RC8R 10 BMW S1000RR 09 BMW K1300S
11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red 07 Aprilia RSV Factory
apessino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #87
Sindarin
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: WI
Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwade View Post
Agreed. For $14-15k I would have been very interested. For $18k I have lost all interest.
You can't do direct price comparisons from £ to $, different taxes. A fully loaded S1000RR with Motorsport colors is only $17K, the S1000R is NOT going to cost more. Expect it to be inline with the V4 Tuono.

My guesstimate is ~$14K for the Premium package, $11K~$12K for a base.
Sindarin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #88
stripple
Runnin' Hard
 
stripple's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Muskrat Flats
Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindarin View Post
You can't do direct price comparisons from £ to $, different taxes. A fully loaded S1000RR with Motorsport colors is only $17K, the S1000R is NOT going to cost more. Expect it to be inline with the V4 Tuono.

My guesstimate is ~$14K for the Premium package, $11K~$12K for a base.

11/12k base price? I'd be shocked. That's far too cheap for zee Germans. I expect at least a 13/14k base price. If I saw one for 12, I'd be all over it.
__________________
“Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?” Hunter S. Thompson
stripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #89
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
southwade's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Inside the Beltway
Oddometer: 1,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripple View Post
11/12k base price? I'd be shocked. That's far too cheap for zee Germans. I expect at least a 13/14k base price. If I saw one for 12, I'd be all over it.
Ditto, big time.

12k puts it head to head with the 2014 Z1000 as well.
__________________
i haz z1000!
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #90
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer
 
RichBMW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 1,946
I sat on one at the show on Saturday. It's not as upright as I thought it would be, which is a shame as I have back issues. FWIW, the KTM 1190R is more comfortable, for me. This is a shame, as I prefer BMW bikes to KTM.
__________________
2015 BMW S1000R Sport
2015 BMW R1200GSAW
RichBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014