Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #196
Hambone70
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
OK i just got more info about the bike...

Its a Suzuki TS185 (2-smoke) and was bought for 8k+ at the Suzuki dealer in Musaffah. Brand new, Older model from un-sold stock. Apparently more available at the Suzuki dealer in Dubai.
seat height is supposed to be 800+ mm as per google.
That looks awesome! Memories of my first two-stroke dirt bike a long time ago...

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #197
DesertSweeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone70 View Post
Do you mean the CRF250L? It's pretty tall. She ideally needs about a 775mm seat height. 250L seat height is 880mm, so that's about 4" that it needs to drop. Is that possible?

The Yamaha XT250 has an 810mm seat height as stock, so it only needs to drop an inch or so.
No I did mean the CRF250X as it is delivered road-worthy. You can lower the whole bike by changing the suspension pro-link. It makes a great "mini" adventure bike...
http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/a...p/t-37521.html
DesertSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #198
alaric11
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Emirates Bike Tours - recommendation?

Hey mates,

does anyone here know Emirates Bike Tours near Dubai?
They are now renaming themselves as GasGas Adventure Tours.
I am planning to do a guided tour with them next year in March and am on the lookout for any references.
If anyone here knows these guys and can share experience about their services/products, please let me know.

Thanks,

Alaric11
alaric11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #199
glapin
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I can't speak for them, but the guys over at 'Just Gas It' tours are top notch.
justgasit.net
glapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #200
Hambone70
Adventurer

Quote:
OK i just got more info about the bike...

Its a Suzuki TS185 (2-smoke) and was bought for 8k+ at the Suzuki dealer in Musaffah. Brand new, Older model from un-sold stock. Apparently more available at the Suzuki dealer in Dubai.
seat height is supposed to be 800+ mm as per google.
Any more info on where I can look at one of these? Is there a Suzuki dealer in Musaffah?

Thanks again!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #201
Vicks OP
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,959
Quote:
Any more info on where I can look at one of these? Is there a Suzuki dealer in Musaffah?

Thanks again!
here

give them a call..
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #202
Hambone70
Adventurer

Thanks!

Is this the bike? http://www.uaesuzuki.com/productdeta...=0&id=66&Lid=1
Old 11-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #203
Vicks OP
I love sand !!!

RAK attack Dec 6th...

Any body interested in teaming for this fun ride ?

http://www.justgasit.net/SiteAssets/RAKAttack2013.aspx

obviously, it is off-road only, so i'm not talking about street bikes here. All details available in above link.
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Old 11-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #204
DesertSweeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Emirates Bike Tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaric11 View Post
Hey mates,

does anyone here know Emirates Bike Tours near Dubai?
They are now renaming themselves as GasGas Adventure Tours.
I am planning to do a guided tour with them next year in March and am on the lookout for any references.
If anyone here knows these guys and can share experience about their services/products, please let me know.

Thanks,

Alaric11
Yes that is James West's outfit. If you get him as your tour guide / leader you will have a great tour. He is a very experienced rider who knows the desert out here like the back of his gnarly hand.

Enjoy!
DesertSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #205
Vicks OP
I love sand !!!

Quote:
Nope. The one i saw (at my friends') was without all that luggage stuff and of course, it was an 185cc... probably same frame etc but with lesser accessories and a larger engine thats it.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #206
Hambone70
Adventurer

Quote:
Nope. The one i saw (at my friends') was without all that luggage stuff and of course, it was an 185cc... probably same frame etc but with lesser accessories and a larger engine thats it.
Thanks again!

I called the Musaffah Suzuki dealer. They denied any knowledge of any two-strokes for sale. Did you friend's bike come from the Suzuki dealer, or elsewhere in Musaffah?

Is it this bike: http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...-ar133373.html

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #207
Vicks OP
I love sand !!!

Quote:
Thanks again!

I called the Musaffah Suzuki dealer. They denied any knowledge of any two-strokes for sale. Did you friend's bike come from the Suzuki dealer, or elsewhere in Musaffah?

Is it this bike: http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...-ar133373.html

Thanks!
Yes, thats the bike.

Check you PM please.

cheers
Vicks
Old 11-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #208
alaric11
n00b

Standard liability insurance for offroad vehicles?

Hi guys,

I am planning to do a 1 day guided offrad trip in the UAE and after contacting two companies offering such tours I am still a bit worried about liability insurance.
Their booking forms contain an indemnity clause in which I would sign that I am personally responsible for any damage caused to third parties during that trip.
I Germany, where I come from, such cases are covered by the standard liability insurance of the vehicle which is required by law and is the responsibility of the bike owner. In the UAE, the tour providers tell me, there's no such thing as a liability insurance for offroad vehicles and tours.

How do you guys handle this? Imagine some desert child running into a gravel road at the wrong moment. Am I prepared to pay to the end of my life if I cause permanent injury or even death? Granted, it is very unlikely something like that will happen, but that's exactly what an insurance is for, isn't it?

Any advice?

Kind regards,

Michael (aka. Alaric11)
Old 11-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #209
Vicks OP
I love sand !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaric11 View Post
Hi guys,

I am planning to do a 1 day guided offrad trip in the UAE and after contacting two companies offering such tours I am still a bit worried about liability insurance.
Their booking forms contain an indemnity clause in which I would sign that I am personally responsible for any damage caused to third parties during that trip.
I Germany, where I come from, such cases are covered by the standard liability insurance of the vehicle which is required by law and is the responsibility of the bike owner. In the UAE, the tour providers tell me, there's no such thing as a liability insurance for offroad vehicles and tours.

How do you guys handle this? Imagine some desert child running into a gravel road at the wrong moment. Am I prepared to pay to the end of my life if I cause permanent injury or even death? Granted, it is very unlikely something like that will happen, but that's exactly what an insurance is for, isn't it?

Any advice?

Kind regards,

Michael (aka. Alaric11)
All vehicles here need 3rd party liability insurance as a minimum.

If the bike you are being given is road registered then it would have 3rd party liability.

The middle-east islamic countries have something called a "blood-money" as compensation for the victim of an accident and this is covered by the 3rd party liability insurance. Without such an insurance, i would be vary of signing on an indemnity form taking all responsibility on my own self. An alternative would be to get a new 3rd party liability insurance on your own, but it will cost a min of 600AED for a motorcycle, valid for 1 year.

For this kind of 3rd party liability insurance, it is the vehicle that is provided the coverage and is independent of who is riding/driving it. So, assuming that the the tour company is providing you road registered bikes, this aspect should be clearly agreed upon with you by them.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #210
alaric11
n00b

Quote:
All vehicles here need 3rd party liability insurance as a minimum.

If the bike you are being given is road registered then it would have 3rd party liability.

The middle-east islamic countries have something called a "blood-money" as compensation for the victim of an accident and this is covered by the 3rd party liability insurance. Without such an insurance, i would be vary of signing on an indemnity form taking all responsibility on my own self. An alternative would be to get a new 3rd party liability insurance on your own, but it will cost a min of 600AED for a motorcycle, valid for 1 year.

For this kind of 3rd party liability insurance, it is the vehicle that is provided the coverage and is independent of who is riding/driving it. So, assuming that the the tour company is providing you road registered bikes, this aspect should be clearly agreed upon with you by them.
Hey Vicks,

thank you very much for taking an interest in this topic.
In fact I'm planning to do an offroad trip, so I can very well imagine that the vehicles are NOT road registered. We are planning to hit the dunes and then cross into the Hajar mountains.
What I'm worried about is that you can have an accident with injuries to a 3rd person even when not driving on road. Granted it is very unlikely, but it could happen and would have severe consequences, right?

What do you think?

Rgds,

Michael