ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
sopascat OP
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,649
You never know what you're going to find in the desert

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20...rville#author1

VICTORVILLE >> San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said he should have an estimate by this afternoon on the number of people buried in as many as three mass graves on the Victorville outskirts.

Sheriff’s investigators with shovels excavated two grave sites Wednesday morning where they suspect the skeletal remains of multiple people were buried at each site.

Two workers could be seen digging into an approximately 10-by-10 area surrounded by sage and chapparal while additional personnel stood nearby sifting through dirt for bones and other evidence. Another grave was found about six feet away.

“This is an active and ongoing investigation,” San Bernardino County sheriff’s spokeswoman Jodi Miller said. “It appears the remains have been there for an extended period of time.”

Sheriff John McMahon talked to investigators and reporters at the scene, saying there may be as many as three grave sites because they found a third area with disturbed soil.

“We’re working to confirm the two different grave sites and a possible third,” he said.

A motorcyclist on Monday found the first set of remains and reported it to the Sheriff’s Department, officials said in a written statement.

Deputies returned on Tuesday and made the grim discovery of the remains of more than one person between Quarry Road and the 15 Freeway, north of Stoddard Wells Road. Sheriff’s officials have not confirmed how many people had been buried there, but coroner’s investigators confirmed the remains were human.

A forensic anthropologist has been examining the remains to determine the age and gender of the remains.

The area sits west of the 15 Freeway and consists of small rolling hills. There are no homes or businesses nearby.

Anyone with information may call Detective Armando Avila at 909-387-3589 or anonymously at We-tip, 800-78-CRIME or you may leave information on the We-Tip hotline at www.wetip.com.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,666
I can always count on you to bring a ray of sunshine into my day.

Go read the comics they are better for the soul.

DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 48,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat View Post
http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20...rville#author1

VICTORVILLE >> San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said he should have an estimate by this afternoon on the number of people buried in as many as three mass graves on the Victorville outskirts.

*snip
This has the makings of an interesting story.

Because there are hundreds of ways that it could go.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Mojave Mutt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
Eh?

Thats pretty creepy. I use Quarry Rd. and surrounding area for a test loop, almost always solo. 15 minutes from my house!~
Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
bitwrench
ADV SUMO

Oddometer: 198
jump the shark crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez View Post
This has the makings of an interesting story.

Because there are hundreds of ways that it could go.

Holy phuckstick. This kind of human carnage is generally associated with Mexico. The fact that 'they' used the same site repeatedly truly has a W.T.F. ring to it. Normally you would think the Cocaine trade has a hand in this, but knowing the Victorville area as being a Meth Free trade zone, I'm guessing some gang is claiming ownership of the 'area'. Doesn't fit the M.O. of a serial killer, as they are generally opportunists that dispose of the bodies in multiple locations.
Choice #1 Meth gang with an obvious genius running the show
Choice #2 Mexican Mafia primarily running Meth but also involved in other criminal activities (read everything).
Choice #3 The worlds most insanely stupid serial killer, OR he doesn't have reliable transportation, or doesn't have a lot of gas money.
bitwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
Stinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitwrench View Post
Holy phuckstick. This kind of human carnage is generally associated with Mexico. The fact that 'they' used the same site repeatedly truly has a W.T.F. ring to it. Normally you would think the Cocaine trade has a hand in this, but knowing the Victorville area as being a Meth Free trade zone, I'm guessing some gang is claiming ownership of the 'area'. Doesn't fit the M.O. of a serial killer, as they are generally opportunists that dispose of the bodies in multiple locations.
Choice #1 Meth gang with an obvious genius running the show
Choice #2 Mexican Mafia primarily running Meth but also involved in other criminal activities (read everything).
Choice #3 The worlds most insanely stupid serial killer, OR he doesn't have reliable transportation, or doesn't have a lot of gas money.
It seems like the ideal place for the the hard core criminals in the greater LA area to bury the bodies of "associates" that may be too close to them to just leave on the street. (too much attention)

The, now 4, bodies will certainly tell most of the story although it appears that the bodies have been there for "an extended period".

The key is will the bodies tell enough to lead the cops in a specific direction or will this turn out to be one of those unsolved and unsolvable crimes.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
St.Stan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
The coroner should be able to tell the age, gender and ethnicity from the skeletal remains. So if all of the bodies are Latino males in their 20's with traces of crank in their tissues, that should rule out a psychosexual serial killer. Unless there is one that's in to that sort of thing.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
sopascat OP
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,649
They seem to have identified them......

(CBS) VICTORVILLE, Calif. - A relative of a missing Southern California family told CBS affiliate KFMB Thursday that two of the skeletal remains of the four people found in the Mojave Desert Monday belong to his loved ones.

Patrick McStay told the station that his family was contacted by law enforcement from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and was told two of the four bodies that were discovered in two shallow graves have been identified as his son Joseph McStay and his daughter-in-law Summer McStay.

Meanwhile, the couple's two young sons are still unaccounted for as authorities work to identify the remains of two others found in the shallow graves, according to the station.

However, police have not officially confirmed that the remains belong to the McStay family. In fact, medical examiners said Wednesday the process of identifying who the bones belong to may take months.

The McStay family vanished in February 2010, abandoning their dogs and leaving food on the counter. In 2012, the San Diego Sheriff's Department ruled that the family voluntarily went to Mexico, reports KFMB.

San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said in a statement Wednesday, "It appears the remains have been there for an extended period of time. Age and gender are unknown pending examination by a forensic anthropologist."

Authorities will hold a press conference Friday morning to make announcements on the case.

The remains were found in Victorville, which is in the high desert about 60 miles northeast of Los Angeles. No homes or businesses are near the gravesite.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,224
Murderers are so lazy. Everyone knows if you just dig down 6 feet the bodies will never be discovered. Even my wife knows this. Hence the reason she is so nice to me... especially since we moved to the desert.

Idiots.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #10
Stinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat View Post
They seem to have identified them......

(CBS) VICTORVILLE, Calif. - A relative of a missing Southern California family told CBS affiliate KFMB Thursday that two of the skeletal remains of the four people found in the Mojave Desert Monday belong to his loved ones.

Patrick McStay told the station that his family was contacted by law enforcement from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and was told two of the four bodies that were discovered in two shallow graves have been identified as his son Joseph McStay and his daughter-in-law Summer McStay.

Meanwhile, the couple's two young sons are still unaccounted for as authorities work to identify the remains of two others found in the shallow graves, according to the station.

However, police have not officially confirmed that the remains belong to the McStay family. In fact, medical examiners said Wednesday the process of identifying who the bones belong to may take months.

The McStay family vanished in February 2010, abandoning their dogs and leaving food on the counter. In 2012, the San Diego Sheriff's Department ruled that the family voluntarily went to Mexico, reports KFMB.

San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said in a statement Wednesday, "It appears the remains have been there for an extended period of time. Age and gender are unknown pending examination by a forensic anthropologist."

Authorities will hold a press conference Friday morning to make announcements on the case.

The remains were found in Victorville, which is in the high desert about 60 miles northeast of Los Angeles. No homes or businesses are near the gravesite.
Just thinking out loud here...

It looks like it's either a family of 4 in those graves or there are two young sons that someone should be looking for.

I can't help but to wonder who reported or claimed that they might have "voluntarily went to Mexico".
(I'd hope that the San Diego Sheriff's wouldn't decide that on their own.)

And I can't help but to wonder if those folks claimed that to cover their butts.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
SoKal
Rider

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez View Post
Just thinking out loud here...

It looks like it's either a family of 4 in those graves or there are two young sons that someone should be looking for.

I can't help but to wonder who reported or claimed that they might have "voluntarily went to Mexico".
(I'd hope that the San Diego Sheriff's wouldn't decide that on their own.)

And I can't help but to wonder if those folks claimed that to cover their butts.

If I remember back when they disapered they had video of them walking from there SUV over the mexican border
Old 11-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
Stinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoKal View Post
If I remember back when they disapered they had video of them walking from there SUV over the mexican border
Hummm...in that case I can't help but to wonder if they brought something back or saw something they shouldn't have.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
Stinez

Quote:
Inside the Gruesome McStay Family Murder Case

Two shallow graves contained the remains of Joseph, his wife Summer, 4-year-old son Gianni and 3-year-old son Joe Jr. Investigators say they have a lot of work ahead to find the killers, and no predictions as to who they are or why they would kill a whole family.
I don't read that magazine so I'll wait for someone in here to tell me if anything new is in that article.

PS Interesting video...