Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobbyjoe View Post
My highly organized German half says split. For example, when the new generation KTM 450 motor came out KTMtalk split the forum into RFS and XC4. That worked quite well.

Of course my rip roaring Irish half says lets fight about it and the last man standing decides.

Anyway, my point is I have notice, over time, that the Orange crush forum has changed in character. When the 950’s were the new big bike the forum was filled with ideas, new discussions and passion. As time has gone by many the original posters have dropped away. Probably do to the repeated questions that have already been discussed and solutions found. “They lost that lovin feelin.” The forum is not the same as it was.

Now, when new guys show up they risk being broiled in the flame if they haven't done their research. Fair enough, but its kind of like showing up to the gold strike late.

Now the 1190 will be the new girl and inspire fresh discussions and a rebirth of the old passions will come forth. Spontaneity will return. New problems and solutions found on the fly.

I know this is not decided yet...I think, and a split would be a natural evolution to this forum. The 950/990 will still be the original cool awesome forum and give the new generation it's rightful place in the sun. Come on guys do it, split is good.

Respectfully, KJ