Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #91
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
and so is Canard.
And so it begins...Lotta guys with Broc Hepler syndrome it seems.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #92
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,450
Friggen kid took my #.....

good thing I like em
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #93
rallye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
anyone know whats happened to Canard?
rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #94
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,450
Canard update...

Honda Powersports just released info of an injury to Trey Canard--huge bummer there. Here are the details from the team statement:

Team Honda Muscle Milk’s Trey Canard was involved in a crash during practice over the Thanksgiving weekend while preparing for the 2014 Supercross season, sustaining a broken arm. Canard underwent successful surgery on Tuesday December 3, and will begin rehabilitation in preparation for the 2014 Supercross season. Canard had a successful 2013 season, highlighted by his sixth-place overall finish in the Supercross series and fourth overall in the Motocross standings.

“Of course we are disappointed that Trey will miss the opening rounds of the 2014 SX season,” said Director of Racing, Ray Conway. “He has been going really fast at all our pre-season test sessions. We all know how hard Trey will work to get back as soon as he can, and the whole team can’t wait for his return.”
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #95
dvwalker
Working to ride

Oddometer: 763
tomic three

WTF, Brown loose his #3?

'14 KTM 1190 Adv, '12 KTM 350EXC, '09 Yamaha WR250R
dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #96
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwalker View Post
WTF, Brown loose his #3?
Yep, they upped the points requirement last year and Brown was too busy racing off road to try to keep his #. I doubt it bothers him much. He's doing pretty good in off road these days.
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #97
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,180
so I'm planning on attending another SX this year. As good as Dallas was last year as Sade said, it's never as good as the first time....

Atlanta is top of the list right now, as it's warmer there then here in February...don't want to make the full coast to coast trip, don't want to sit outdoors at night at Daytona..

Any input on Atlanta or St. Louis appreciated.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #98
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,210
We'll miss you in Dallas.

I think we are going again. Maybe PHX too.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #99
Racer111v
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
so I'm planning on attending another SX this year. As good as Dallas was last year as Sade said, it's never as good as the first time....

Atlanta is top of the list right now, as it's warmer there then here in February...don't want to make the full coast to coast trip, don't want to sit outdoors at night at Daytona..

I've been to St. Louis a couple times. There is a train from the airport to downtown. There are hotels around the stadium, and clubs/restaurants just down the hill. The stadium has great viewing and usually has tight technical racing. It's easy to get around without the need to get a rental car. I have never been to Atlanta.
Racer111v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #100
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:

Of the SX races I've been to St Louis is the best to watch at. Get a seat in the first balcony and you can see everything.

We are planning on St. Louis, Indy, and Detroit. Indy is a cool stadium but the view isn't as good. We get the cheap seat there because the mid price ones aren't much better. Haven't been to Detroit yet.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #101
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Of the SX races I've been to St Louis is the best to watch at. Get a seat in the first balcony and you can see everything.

We are planning on St. Louis, Indy, and Detroit. Indy is a cool stadium but the view isn't as good. We get the cheap seat there because the mid price ones aren't much better. Haven't been to Detroit yet.
thanks. Detroit, good luck getting people to travel to there the whole town is a ghetto/battle zone! I know St' Louis has some vintage activity as well in there is a bike museum in town, Dave Mungenasts if I spelled it right. Not quite the Barber museum but worth a Friday visit from what I've seen and I believe they have some pre race activities there. I think St. Louis had a dinner with Marty Smith a few years ago. Personally I'd like dinner with Diana Dahlgren I'd even pay for her drinks.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #102
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
We'll miss you in Dallas.

I think we are going again. Maybe PHX too.
I'll miss seeing you guys! It was a hoot but I really want to see some more venues. Atlanta has the "big" pit party as I recall. St. Louis always looks like a really cool track. Airfares will come into play as well. I've got the flat track, MX, SX, and GNCC schedules printed up above my desk at work. I'm going to hit a lot of events this year I REALLY want to see Peoria TT and maybe another GNCC besides Unadilla. Dem GNCC boys is crazy! I'd also like to get down to Loretta Lynns this year. Megamillions is about $290 million right now, got to be in it to win it!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #103
ADK OP
____

Oddometer: 8,172
Why not Toronto or NJ, Nacht?
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #104
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
Why not Toronto or NJ, Nacht?
Toronto is far enough that if I go, I'm flying. Unless someone local does a road trip and I can pile in. But if I'm flying I'm heading south.

NJ goes without saying, we'll be there.

Unless its cold and wet.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #105
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
thanks. Detroit, good luck getting people to travel to there the whole town is a ghetto/battle zone! I know St' Louis has some vintage activity as well in there is a bike museum in town, Dave Mungenasts if I spelled it right. Not quite the Barber museum but worth a Friday visit from what I've seen and I believe they have some pre race activities there. I think St. Louis had a dinner with Marty Smith a few years ago. Personally I'd like dinner with Diana Dahlgren I'd even pay for her drinks.
Not true,downtown Detroit is not bad by the stadiums and Fox theater.Good to see it back,now to wait and see how many top guys are left in March.