ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Epy OP
Hen-teaser

Oddometer: 144
Members in/near Bakersfield, CA

I moved back to Bakersfield a little over a year ago and am just now getting into offroad/trail riding after buying a CRF250L back in January. I'd like to find some other riders here in the area to do some "extended" offroad rides with. I've spent a fair amount of time getting used to dirt/sand in nearby fields and am confident on the bike, but I'm hesitant to go too far offroad by myself for fear of breaking down many many miles away from civilization with no cell service.

In particular, I'd like to go up Rancheria road to Alta Sierra before it gets closed for the season. I'll ride anything within an hour or so of Bakersfield really. I don't have enough spare time on the weekends to ride somewhere farther away. Anyway, respond here or PM me if interested. Cheers.
Epy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,275
Well, there are a couple of us on the site from Bako. ToyAnvil and myself are two and I think we have a couple more.

I don't do much dirt anymore (on two wheels) but there is a fairly active BMW group and there are a few dirt riders in there. They meet on the first Tuesday of the month at Tony's Pizza at the intersection of Coffee and Hageman.

There is also the coffee and doughnuts at Valley Cycle on Saturday mornings. Most of the riders I know are old farts like me so there isn't a lot of trail riders but there are a bunch of dirt riders in Bakersfield!

Gerg

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Excndez
Girly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
I'm in Bakersfield and ride street, dirt, anything. Most of the trail riding I do is intermediate and above. I don't know that your 250L would be suited to these rides. I've taken my Ural up Rancheria a few times as well as Breckenridge and others. My dad, his group, and I go on street rides all the time out of Bakersfield. Those range from 150-400 Miles.

You are welcome to tag along anytime.
1970 CT70hko x 6
Excndez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
WestcliffeGuy
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I just dropped you a PM...I live in Bako and picked up a WR250R over the summer. Sounds like your bike and riding style would go well with mine...Good luck.
WestcliffeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote