ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #16
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbird View Post
Ordered just now to take advantage of the holiday special. Thank you. Cheers.
You sneaked in after the official close, but we've got you covered . This was the busiest day so far. Thanks ADV folks - We look forward to your feedback :)
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
Dead Stiff
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
It's moving along. I should have prototypes within two weeks. Once I sign off on the design, will be another week or two for the first shipment to come.
Any updates?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Dead Stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Stiff View Post
Any updates?
Yes! Thanks for asking, just got the dimmer prototypes today. I snapped a few quick pictures below. I am very happy with the design so far. The cases are 2 inches square, with a big glove friendly knob. Red/Black wires on the right are +/- 12v input. On the left, Red/Black is output to the lights, Blue is a trigger wire that bypasses dimming function when ~12v is applied (from stock highbeam wire etc). The knob has a full "off" position, so no switch is needed (i.e. totally off, bypass does not turn on lights). The lights are also fully off when the dial is at the lowest position, so they will only come on when power is applied to the blue wire; and they are fully adjustable from 0-100% with the dial.

Just a few more tweaks, and we'll be going into production for the first run. If you have any feedback and thoughts, please speak up and let me know.




__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
DYNOBOB
lucky dog
 
DYNOBOB's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Oddometer: 843
Just found this thread, did I miss the holiday special?


.
__________________
TE630.KLX250S.GL1800.CBR900RRturbo.919
CO/UT 2013
Northern Rockies 2013 IBA Key West 2014 Tentspace
DYNOBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #20
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNOBOB View Post
Just found this thread, did I miss the holiday special?
Technically, yes. But since I didn't edit the thread title to remove the holiday special bit (which I now did), I'll let you in on the deal. The special was a pair of LR4 lights for $130. If you'd like to take advantage of that, send me a PM and I'll send a link for you to use for the purchase. :)
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #21
Dead Stiff
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
Yes! Thanks for asking, just got the dimmer prototypes today. I snapped a few quick pictures below. I am very happy with the design so far. The cases are 2 inches square, with a big glove friendly knob. Red/Black wires on the right are +/- 12v input. On the left, Red/Black is output to the lights, Blue is a trigger wire that bypasses dimming function when ~12v is applied (from stock highbeam wire etc). The knob has a full "off" position, so no switch is needed (i.e. totally off, bypass does not turn on lights). The lights are also fully off when the dial is at the lowest position, so they will only come on when power is applied to the blue wire; and they are fully adjustable from 0-100% with the dial.

Just a few more tweaks, and we'll be going into production for the first run. If you have any feedback and thoughts, please speak up and let me know.
Looks good but I would color the output wires different than the input. I could see people hooking it up backwards.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Dead Stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #22
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Stiff View Post
Looks good but I would color the output wires different than the input. I could see people hooking it up backwards.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I am going to change the design a bit on the wiring side. I think it would make things easier and cleaner if all the wires came out from a single grommet. When we do that, we'll use different color wires for input and output. We're also going to make the wires 2 feet, my thinking being that it will be easier for people to cut to their needs depending on where it's mounted, instead of having to splice if they need longer wires. Then you can shrink wrap the whole batch of wires going to the dimmer if wanted as well for a cleaner install.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #23
MJS
Beastly Adventurer
 
MJS's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Ventura, CA
Oddometer: 1,801
Quote:
The knob has a full "off" position, so no switch is needed (i.e. totally off, bypass does not turn on lights).
Is this a hard off, i.e. a potentiometer with switch contacts? Also, how weather proof is the dimmer? Amp capacity?
__________________
"You can follow me, but it's gonna hurt"
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #24
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
Is this a hard off, i.e. a potentiometer with switch contacts? Also, how weather proof is the dimmer? Amp capacity?
Yes, hard off. Has full click to off position. When fully off, the bypass will not work either. When the dimmer is at the 0 position, the lights will be off, but bypass will work. Amp capacity is 7 amps. We'll eventually have one with two knobs and 2 7 amp channels as well. The case and wire grommets will be sealed with 3m 4200. The knob will be sealed with a rubber sealing washer and 4200. So it will be very weather proof.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights

JustinP screwed with this post 12-12-2013 at 09:51 AM
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #25
DYNOBOB
lucky dog
 
DYNOBOB's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Oddometer: 843
Just placed my order, thanks for the holiday discount.



.
__________________
TE630.KLX250S.GL1800.CBR900RRturbo.919
CO/UT 2013
Northern Rockies 2013 IBA Key West 2014 Tentspace
DYNOBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #26
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNOBOB View Post
Just placed my order, thanks for the holiday discount.
You're welcome, thanks for your business.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #27
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
Yes, hard off. Has full click to off position. When fully off, the bypass will not work either. When the dimmer is at the 0 position, the lights will be off, but bypass will work. Amp capacity is 7 amps. We'll eventually have one with two knobs and 2 7 amp channels as well. The case and wire grommets will be sealed with 3m 4200. The knob will be sealed with a rubber sealing washer and 4200. So it will be very weather proof.
Justin,
I'm very interested in a pair of LR4 lamps. I have left a message on your website regarding shipping to the UK.

Now a question about this dimmer. Would it effectively replace the need for an on/off switch as on a normal aux lamp set-up as on the Tiger800s? http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triump...lock_03=560041
If so, some method of mounting the dimmer to the handlebars would be a good idea.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 32000 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #28
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Justin,
I'm very interested in a pair of LR4 lamps. I have left a message on your website regarding shipping to the UK.

Now a question about this dimmer. Would it effectively replace the need for an on/off switch as on a normal aux lamp set-up as on the Tiger800s? http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triump...lock_03=560041
If so, some method of mounting the dimmer to the handlebars would be a good idea.
''


Thanks for your interest. I replied to your message sent from the website.

As to the dimmer, yes, it can replace the need for a dedicated on/off switch. The dimmer box is pretty small, so it can easily be mounted just about anywhere with some 3M dual lock etc. Such, as on top of a brake/clutch reservoir.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #29
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
''


Thanks for your interest. I replied to your message sent from the website.

As to the dimmer, yes, it can replace the need for a dedicated on/off switch. The dimmer box is pretty small, so it can easily be mounted just about anywhere with some 3M dual lock etc. Such, as on top of a brake/clutch reservoir.
Replied via email to save cluttering up this thread with my stupid questions.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 32000 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #30
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Replied via email to save cluttering up this thread with my stupid questions.
My momma always said the only stupid question is the one one you didn't ask :)

In other news:

Dimmers will be in very soon. Price point will put them at about $30 each with the permanent ADV discount :). If you need a simple, robust dimmer, that eliminates the need for a secondary switch - this will have you covered!

Within the next few weeks we'll be introducing our new 4.5 inch, single LED, 25 watt spot light. We'll be doing a one time group buy deal on these, so make sure to check back if you're interested. After that, our normal pricing will be in effect. These will be the best lumen per dollar value on the market!

For now, here's some teaser pics :)

Massive light throw needs big reflectors - these lights are comparable in size to a 4-4.5 Inch HID:




When we say "spot", we're not kidding :). These lights throw far and TIGHT.



Optional clear and yellow snap-on covers allow you to tailor the beam to your needs in as much time as it takes to pop the lens covers on!



More details coming soon. Any questions? Post them here!
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014