User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #76
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,658
Team Xtreme SXS

Inmate SafariBerg (Gary Connell) and Annie Steel have a highlight video from Merzouga Rally. They are competing in the 2014 Dakar and I thought this would be a good place to post it.

Published on Dec 10, 2013
Short overview of October 2013 Merzouga Rally for SSV #205 Garry Connell driver (Australia) and Annie Seel navigator (Sweden), using a 2013 Polaris RZR XP900 Dakar from the French team Xtreme Plus...............1st in SSV Rally class and 4th overall SSV from 16 SSV starters.

Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #77
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,025
Will this "Super offroad 2WD" formula bring some of the f5actory teams back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 speed View Post
TROY, your comments:

'Then these US-style 2WD super offroaders - like those the three above mentioned US teams will bring to the dakar this year; may represent the future. Couple with that things like the bugglies, the ex-RG Hummers (although they won't be there in 2014) and the SMG cars (like Sainz will run in 2014, and Chicherit showed paced in 2013 with)... then the 2WD tide looks to be catching up on the 4WD's... who are still limited by the production based homologated engine, and limited wheel travel regulations.'

These are right on. If you recall one of the interviews with RG he said he regretted letting Al Attyiah drive the Hummer because it gave him the idea and preview of the next format, powerful, low and smaller overall dimensions than the Hummer. He showed up with the bugly (in very ugly brown) Apparently that is all playing out.......
and then, up pops this article;

http://www.v8project.com.ar/index.php?s=deporte

google translation:

Information that came to us from Europe indicate that it is almost a given that Peugeot will return to Dakar in 2015, with 208 buggy type by Sebastien Loeb and Stephane Peterhansel ... ! . As soon as he got on the real soundboard is twitter (@ v8delgado ) , appeared this sketch , although not confirmed , much more about the time of definition . Details.

After the success of Pikes Peak, Silhouette 208, also serve for a new assault on the Dakar 2015 Peugeot?

After leaving the World Endurance Championship , Peugeot were not many roads you travel at a sporting level , a subject that has always been among the priorities of the French brand.

The F1, where he learned to venture into the 90s, he proposed expenditures as important as those contain tried withdrawing from the WEC.

Nor seduced him the idea to engage in a fratricidal struggle with Citroen in the World Rally and much less face in the WTCC , where the latter also participate in 2014
To do something in different versions of GT , the brand did not have a line silhouette , as the top brand model , the RCZ was not up to the circumstances in which specialties abound , from Aston Martin Vantage up
Ferrari 458 and Porsche 911 RSR , past Audi R8 , Mercedes SLS GT , Corvette , McLaren MP4- 12C , etc .

I have heard mumblings that Citröen (and now Pugeot) have considered coming back to Dakar... the name Loeb has been connected to these (but he has been rumored of late to be making an entrance into everything from F1 speedboats to the NASA space program... is there anything this guy can't do? ).

The recent technical "massaging" of the FIA T1 tech regs, certainly make it seem like a 2WD "super offroader" platform, with a silhouette of a (somewhat) production model, may well be of interest to several manufacturers...? as opposed to the technical complexity and expense of developing homologation based T1 4WD's like the current MINI, the V8 TOYOTA Hilux and VW touregs of the recent past.

The original patron -JL Schlesser and heir apparent RG... pioneers of the "new age" 2WD DAKAR Auto category. "Viva la V8... death to the sadev 4WD's" ? Who'd a thunk it?

more to the point. will it happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #78
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,989
So will it be pug or a citroen???
They just cant decide over there.
Or maybe we will see both.

The dev cost of the buggies certainly makes it a more attractive category for manufacturers however I still am not convinced that these are the cars for the wrc style stages and I also think if the larger wheel and tire diameters were granted to the all wheel drives along with adjustable tire pressures we would not even be talking about the buggies.
Engine wise the toyotas sound pretty decent too.
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #79
gagnaou
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,321
According to this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111184
Peterhansel would not be part of it....

501 FE Husaberg
1190 KTM adventure R
gagnaou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #80
gagnaou
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,321
Nice Picture

501 FE Husaberg
1190 KTM adventure R
gagnaou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #81
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

^^^ For the purposes of those articles, they've just photoshopped a slightly edited version of the Pugeot 208 Silhouette that Loeb ran (and won) Pikes Peak with this year - and pasted it on some SMG/Buggy style running gear.

Now while I am sure the (if eventuates) the brains from pugeot/Citröen would come up with something a fair bit more refined than just so... but for illustration purposes... it makes an intersting statement.

The fact that Peterhansel is quoted (in the Autosport article) as NOT being involved with the rumoured Pugeot effort doesn't surprise me too much.

BUT the fact that he HAS stated he will be with X-Raid into 2015, indicates to me that the Trebur team already have designs/plans on what the next evolution of the MINI (or whatever they decide to run from the parent company stable) is already well under way...

Because with the shift in the FIA T1 regulations... I cannot see that the MINI will maintain it's technical edge much past the 2014 Dakar - if this new generation of "2WD superoffroaders" takes a foothold. Remember when Chicherit/turned to chit) debuted the MINI at dakar a few years ago (in a fanfare test/race effort... while the rest of the team ran the proven X3CC's...?

Wonder when we will see the "new" X-Raid T1.... maybe the first FIA CCR after dakar?

Quote:

Quote:
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
Old 12-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #82
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,930
There are hundreds of photos of racers and support vehicles on the dock in France posted on this site:

http://buzzybeeforum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=376&t=44689

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:11 AM   #83
izom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Thumb

..oh yes- a lot of crazy 2wd machines- hope theire gonna kick ass!!

GO ROBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps: i think he wouldnt have sold the "hummer" if he wouldnt get something better....!?

82 xr 500 - love those old thumpers

92 XTZ 750 rally style
izom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #84
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 904
that link just sucked up an hour of my life!
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #85
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35xj View Post
that link just sucked up an hour of my life!
Better get yourself a decompression tank for x-mas then... january is gonna' pop your eardrums!

Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #86
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Better get yourself a decompression tank for x-mas then... january is gonna' pop your eardrums!
That there is some f5ucking f5unny shit!!!

Damn near choked on a cup of tea and pissed myself laughing at the same time.

I'm starting to bank sleep now and reschedule work commitments in the hope that I can go the distance of a combination of late nights in front of the keyboard and sleep deprivation.

It hasn't even started yet and I'll be glad when it's over.
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #87
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,658
Toyota Overdrive Racing

Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #88
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,324
Ummm I've not seen anyone post this & the Gaggle search didn't show shyte

Who the Fcuk is airing '14 Dakar in the USA??
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #89
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,281
Used to be Versus now NBC SPORTS will be and it will be a half hour spot usually twice a day. Your best bet for better and quicker coverage is to pay close attention to the DAKAR FEED thread here..

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937697
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #90
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,665
Yup. Watch this space for the coverage.

The eurosport feeds don't work any more, hopefully somebody will come up with the new ones. France4 still works, their coverage was really good last year.