Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #46
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 801
great video. hope you guys make it to something in the SE. I'm looking forward to some races on my 950. One down, a few more to go. :)
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #47
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
great video. hope you guys make it to something in the SE. I'm looking forward to some races on my 950. One down, a few more to go. :)
Hopefully at least a few of us will see you at the Perry Mountain 24 hr.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #48
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

We are working to create more races and events for true Big Bike off road whores like ourselves, If you know of an event in your area that might be of interest to the Heavyweights please let us know.
Hopefully we grow the Heavyweights into a group of riders with passion for doing what some say cant or shouldn't be done.
If your an animal on an LC8 or any big ADV bike, we want to hear from you
I would love to hear your feedback
1-800-624-0278
Old 12-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #49
Dryslick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
the real deal

Great video, and great effort. I got passed by the white bike twice, once on a fast section in the dark, and the other time Sunday morning in the rocks. That guy was haulin' the mail!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #50
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryslick View Post
Great video, and great effort. I got passed by the white bike twice, once on a fast section in the dark, and the other time Sunday morning in the rocks. That guy was haulin' the mail!
That was a lot of fun for sure!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #51
CamelBill
Ride It!

Oddometer: 469
Way cool!

Awesome, just awesome. Great Video too. We all know the big dogs are way capable machines, thanks for proving it to the world
CO Single Track RR http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post24875020
CamelBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #52
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,271
Just throwing out suggestions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
We are working to create more races and events for true Big Bike off road whores like ourselves, If you know of an event in your area that might be of interest to the Heavyweights please let us know.
Hopefully we grow the Heavyweights into a group of riders with passion for doing what some say cant or shouldn't be done.
If your an animal on an LC8 or any big ADV bike, we want to hear from you
I love the idea of an organized short circuit of Rallies limited to KTM LC8s. Like having three races over a year's time. Maybe have 1 race in northern Baja, 1 race in the PNW and one race like the B2V Nevada.

And there could be individual race winners and a triple crown winner.

It would be geat to get a digital video company like GoPro involved where every participant was required to wear a helmet cam to be turned in after each day. And all the footage could be used to build web programming of each event that could be posted and viewed, as well as cams set up along the course. Creating web content of the race is what helps give any race it's legs to hit the ground running. The content extends the action and life of the race beyond the few actual days of the event. Coverage is hype, hype generates interest, interest generates financial help and financial help fuels the execution of the event ( and the after parties!!!).

Now, You could exclude anyone who is a current pro, keeping it amateurs only.

You'd want to create a committee of core people passionate about creating a mission statement for the this circuit event, a long term strategy, and to plan and govern the direction and personality of the event. This committee would have to define the balance of the event between its grassrootsness and its corporate involvement. This committee has the daunting task of defining the events image, which outlines its broader appeal, broader accessibility, and also defines it's preferred limitations.

Then the pre planning begins... This is were time becomes you biggest asset. The time needed to communicate with the community to figure out how to serve it's needs. What do the participants want and what's most important to them. And how much do you want to extend the event to non participants to be involved or included... Friends, family, local sponsors providing support, non participating inmates... Do you create content that casts a larger net, one utilizing web content that markets the event.

Now, I'm an LC8 Adventure rider, but I'm not a racer. I'd certainly be in for following a "King of the LC8" series. And I'm a media content post producer, so I know the footage of this type of event could be VERY ENTERTAINING.

Just say'in...

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 12-19-2013 at 04:41 PM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #53
oregonlmd
Dirt,street,its all good.

Oddometer: 168
I was one of the sweep riders for the race this year (one of the very few that were out at night during the pea soup fog, too). I had good opportunity to see the team at various points throughout the course. You guys did well and your performance was impressive.
I just got a 990 and am even more impressed now Am looking forward to seeing more of your racing efforts.
oregonlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #54
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
I love the idea of an organized short circuit of Rallies limited to KTM LC8s. Like having three races over a year's time. Maybe have 1 race in northern Baja, 1 race in the PNW and one race like the B2V Nevada.

And there could be individual race winners and a triple crown winner.

It would be geat to get a digital video company like GoPro involved where every participant was required to wear a helmet cam to be turned in after each day. And all the footage could be used to build web programming of each event that could be posted and viewed, as well as cams set up along the course. Creating web content of the race is what helps give any race it's legs to hit the ground running. The content extends the action and life of the race beyond the few actual days of the event. Coverage is hype, hype generates interest, interest generates financial help and financial help fuels the execution of the event ( and the after parties!!!).

Now, You could exclude anyone who is a current pro, keeping it amateurs only.

You'd want to create a committee of core people passionate about creating a mission statement for the this circuit event, a long term strategy, and to plan and govern the direction and personality of the event. This committee would have to define the balance of the event between its grassrootsness and its corporate involvement. This committee has the daunting task of defining the events image, which outlines its broader appeal, broader accessibility, and also defines it's preferred limitations.

Then the pre planning begins... This is were time becomes you biggest asset. The time needed to communicate with the community to figure out how to serve it's needs. What do the participants want and what's most important to them. And how much do you want to extend the event to non participants to be involved or included... Friends, family, local sponsors providing support, non participating inmates... Do you create content that casts a larger net, one utilizing web content that markets the event.

Now, I'm an LC8 Adventure rider, but I'm not a racer. I'd certainly be in for following a "King of the LC8" series. And I'm a media content post producer, so I know the footage of this type of event could be VERY ENTERTAINING.

Just say'in...

Thank You
We are well on our way to turning The Heavyweights into far more than a race team, Our goal is to do pretty much as you have mentioned, starting here in the PNW, but hoping to grow it Nationwide.
Not everyone that joins the Heavyweights is interested in racing, but should be an Advanced off road rider capable of self supported multi day trips or Rallies while pushing themselves and their big bikes to their limits.
Our goal is to create an organization that provides a network for Advanced Big bike riders threw Racing and advanced big bike Rallies.
Its also important for us to do what we can to help those that are less fortunate than ourselves, particularly in the US.
We would love to hear more suggestions
Next Race is the Desert 100 2014
1-800-624-0278
Old 12-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #55
Dryslick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict Motorsports View Post
That was a lot of fun for sure!
You've obviously got the suspension setup figured out. That's probably the best demonstration of a product at work that I've ever seen. I'll be callin'!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #56
gagnaou
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,331
Looks like it was a blast!

501 FE Husaberg
1190 KTM adventure R
gagnaou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #57
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryslick View Post
You've obviously got the suspension setup figured out. That's probably the best demonstration of a product at work that I've ever seen. I'll be callin'!
That's about the greatest compliment we can receive, thank you!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #58
OrangeDevil37
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
i just got my 990 baja and i would love to race something like this! the weight dont bother me at all as long as the wheels are spinning im good! we need some races like that here in ohio! great vid, great finish and congrats on proving the nay sayers wrong!
OrangeDevil37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #59
moparmiller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
I was once so dumb that I raced a 950 SE at Starvation. I even questioned why 100 HP cannot be tied to a paddle tire and jumped in the dunes. I think I got smarter over the years. She now lives a quiet life in the back of the garage and has not seen daylight in 2 years. I'd be up for big bike craziness again. My youthful stupidity is returning and I think I missed it. I'm growing bored with the little 570 and the 300SX. A friend once said to "never question a man with 100 HP on tap and a set of knobbies"

MT Hood and Dayton's rally used to run Rally Moto and the Idaho Rally may still have Moto.

moparmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #60
OrangeDevil37
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
"never question a man with 100 HP on tap and a set of knobbies"

my new quote of the day! thats awesome
OrangeDevil37 is offline   Reply With Quote