Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #1981
flyingz06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post
Dennis took all those photos, putz.
he stated before he photoshopped some So no need to call my putz.

plus do you really think the coyotes would get that close to the bike and him (the cover photo)??? if you do you drank the kool-aid
2008 Yamaha WR250

flyingz06 screwed with this post 12-05-2013 at 12:05 PM
flyingz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #1982
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingz06 View Post

plus do you really think the coyotes would get that close to the bike and him (the cover photo)??? if you do you drank the kool-aid
Errr, I think you missed the video and are only making things worse for yourself.
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #1983
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,675
"he stated before he photoshopped some So no need to call my putz.

plus do you really think the coyotes would get that close to the bike and him (the cover photo)??? if you do you drank the Kool-Aid"

Damm, how does this type of personality happen?
This thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927573
was killed with BS like this.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 12-05-2013 at 06:01 PM
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #1984
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 630
Quote:

You don't know much about coyotes, do you? The only Photoshopping I know of removed some license plates/holders and poles for aesthetic purposes, and for which the author duly offered full disclosure. From reading his two threads, I 'know' Dennis to be insightful, talented, confident, and maybe even occasionally abrasive. "Intellectually dishonest" is not a description, however, that comes to mind.

The original moniker stands.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #1985
Shesaid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post
You don't know much about coyotes, do you?
I have to stand by Trane on this one: not only do you not have much experience with coyotes, but particularly the ones in Death Valley/eastern California.

I've had them eating out of my hand before too. They're pretty desensitized to people, especially people with food.
Shesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #1986
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
LOL.....
Oh yeah, keep up the good work AH on your other thread as well!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #1987
Dilligaf0220
Miserablist

Oddometer: 4,531
Quote:

You caught him. Thank you for being the smartest cookie in class.
And on behalf of the rest of the Kool Aid drinkers, thank you for not outing AH for really doing this trip on a KLR...and only banging fat chicks.

Though I am still kinda pissed at Dennis, between him & Vice it's next to impossible now to get a good piece of raw horse at what was my favourite charcuterie !
You can't swing a dead horse in there anymore without knocking off somebody's Wayfarer's, ugh.
Dilligaf0220 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #1988
Platinumgrit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
There's no unstirring the jam from the peanut butter now:

Pacific Northwest with an Italian Supermodel begins.
Welcome back Dennis :-) Damn, damn good to have you back
Old 12-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #1989
Platinumgrit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
You caught him. Thank you for being the smartest cookie in class.
And on behalf of the rest of the Kool Aid drinkers, thank you for not outing AH for really doing this trip on a KLR...and only banging fat chicks.

Though I am still kinda pissed at Dennis, between him & Vice it's next to impossible now to get a good piece of raw horse at what was my favourite charcuterie !
You can't swing a dead horse in there anymore without knocking off somebody's Wayfarer's, ugh.
Dilligaf... a fine name. This forum needs the ability to upvote posts. In the case of yours, multiple times.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #1990
Grim R
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
They fucking better be! I've sold quite a few bikes for them and helped Ducati accomplish from a branding/marketing/PR perspective what they couldn't have possibly done on their own. All at no cost, too.

As for the Scythes in the background--I just hope the grim reaper doesn't have any issues with it or I'm in big trouble!
It's cool. I'll send Loki by with the paperwork. (It's a stupid nick I've have for a very long time)

Just spent the last few days reading this adventure. Good stuff. Riveted to it to the point of having to be dragged away a couple times by my better half.
I was born in Detroit and it always makes me sad then angry when I see MSC and what's become of it. I'm old enough to have been in it before it was abandoned but it was still well beyond its hay day.
I'm trying to confirm but my cousin may have cooked one of your meals while you were there.
I wish I had caught this before you came through GA. I was actually in Savannah for work when you came through. Next time you make it out this way if your into aviation, the museum in Warner Robins is worth the stop. http://www.museumofaviation.org
It's funny how much bikes were apart of my parents lives till the 70,s and they have some incredible friends that have been wining racers and competed in events at Isle of Mann, held world speed records and even Dot Robinson that I was around as a child but how hard mom fought me getting a bike that it wasn't till this year I did. It took a wake up call that included a jump start and three stents for me to stop living to please others.

I managed to get to the Barber Vintage festival this year and it's hooked me in the same manner as it did you. What an amazing place.

Dreaming of taking off for a few weeks this spring after the read. It will be to my wife's surprise I may be sitting on Key west on New Year's Day if my wheel bearings get here in time. Eventually I'll get her out on it. lol
Grim R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #1991
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,400
Quote:
Errr, I think you missed the video and are only making things worse for yourself.
Treat 'em like a dog and they will act like a dog......for the most part

http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-04-20T19:59:00-06:00&max-results=1&start=123&by-date=false

http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-04-14T06:48:00-06:00&max-results=1&start=129&by-date=false

http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-05-09T06:19:00-06:00&max-results=1&start=113&by-date=false

One more .....

http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-06-09T06:37:00-06:00&max-results=1&reverse-paginate=true

KHVol screwed with this post 12-22-2013 at 07:50 PM
KHVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #1992
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim R View Post
It's cool. I'll send Loki by with the paperwork. (It's a stupid nick I've have for a very long time)

Just spent the last few days reading this adventure. Good stuff. Riveted to it to the point of having to be dragged away a couple times by my better half.
I was born in Detroit and it always makes me sad then angry when I see MSC and what's become of it. I'm old enough to have been in it before it was abandoned but it was still well beyond its hay day.
I'm trying to confirm but my cousin may have cooked one of your meals while you were there.
I wish I had caught this before you came through GA. I was actually in Savannah for work when you came through. Next time you make it out this way if your into aviation, the museum in Warner Robins is worth the stop. http://www.museumofaviation.org
It's funny how much bikes were apart of my parents lives till the 70,s and they have some incredible friends that have been wining racers and competed in events at Isle of Mann, held world speed records and even Dot Robinson that I was around as a child but how hard mom fought me getting a bike that it wasn't till this year I did. It took a wake up call that included a jump start and three stents for me to stop living to please others.

I managed to get to the Barber Vintage festival this year and it's hooked me in the same manner as it did you. What an amazing place.

Dreaming of taking off for a few weeks this spring after the read. It will be to my wife's surprise I may be sitting on Key west on New Year's Day if my wheel bearings get here in time. Eventually I'll get her out on it. lol

Dude, that's your mom and dad?

No wonder she didn't want you getting a bike....she herself knows how much adrenaline runs through your blood!

(Speaking of family, I'm guessing your cousin works at Slows?)
Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #1993
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
Treat 'em like a dog and they will act like a dog......for the most part
So cool.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #1994
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,438
Loved this RR and particularly liked the clarity with which you write with when talking about the realities and revelations you found on the road. A little polishing to smooth out the edges we can develop in life.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #1995
Grim R
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Dude, that's your mom and dad?

No wonder she didn't want you getting a bike....she herself knows how much adrenaline runs through your blood!

(Speaking of family, I'm guessing your cousin works at Slows?)
No that's Joe and Alma at the isle tt.
Mom uses stories about Bob (who now owns the Ducati Triumph dealer in Detroit) crashing at 274 mph on the stream liner triumph. He crashed trying to get the title back from Don Vesco and big red, the stream liner you probably saw at Barber on the top of the wall in the basement. Some how That was relatable to the street. She does have a good high side story where she about ripped the back of her calf off and has some good scars from that. Was a couple other wrecks she and other members of the club were in. Dad managed to total a pickup in Macon ga in 61 on his 58 beemer. Folded the bars around the head light.

I'm trying to get the 61 BMW back that replaced that bike back. Mom sold it in 83 to keep me off it. This is that bike when it was for sale 1.5 years ago. John still hasn't got back to me about it so the current owners must not be ready to sell.
http://www.motorcycle-house.com/Moto...105209051.html
This is another of my dad's old bikes it out near you now. The top pictures my dad took when the day he bought it.
http://weissundblau.blogspot.com/201...-complete.html

Cousin:

The place you got the salmon after Cranbrook. Cuz has posted pictures where he plated simular. He's now the executive chef at John D Bistro. Hasn't got back to me to tell me if he made that.

You should have hit the Henry ford museum while you were there they have Edison's actual workshop there. It's pretty cool.
Here is a site with a lot of Detroit history in if you get board. Like Detroit, it's in decay and half working and hard to navigate. Lol
http://www.detroityes.com/tour-detroit.php
Grim R is offline   Reply With Quote