ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #61
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
No experience with an Adv but my SE is my favorite street bike ever. And an adequate dirt bike! Previous bikes are Ducati MTS1200, Superhawk 1000F, KLR650. Really enjoy it on the twisties and like that I can take it on single track.

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #62
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 927
I used to have an 06 Adv and switched to an SE. For my riding ability/where I ride, both the Adv and SE are very similar although I'd say the SE edges it off road and the Adv on road. On the Adv, FI was pants slow speed, rear brake was crap, both of which the SE fixed, but, that is not why I switched. I switched because I wanted an SE. I REALLY wanted n SE. I had an itch the Adv couldn't scratch. When you're in your death bed[1], your family gathered around you speaking in hushed terms of what a great dad/husband/grandad you were, you'll gain a small moment of clarity. You'll start to whisper, your family will lean in to hear. You start to regale them of tales of this mental motorbike you used to own. It was 6' high, it was way too powerful to ride on roads on those skinny rims, let alone off road. It took you places it shouldn't have done, you locked the rear for shit and giggles more that any bike you had. The seat was so hard, they added an "11" to the MOHs scale, and doctors were baffled how you survived that 600 mile day. It gave you pause every time you opened that garage and knocked 20 years off you every time you left the drive.

You'll drift off, but with an SE smile on your face your family will only partly understand.

It is quite possible I have had too much coffee this morning

Cheers

Markie

[1] which to be fair if you ride an SE may not be too far in the future
Old 12-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #63
stevh0 OP
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by markie_wales View Post
I used to have an 06 Adv and switched to an SE. For my riding ability/where I ride, both the Adv and SE are very similar although I'd say the SE edges it off road and the Adv on road. On the Adv, FI was pants slow speed, rear brake was crap, both of which the SE fixed, but, that is not why I switched. I switched because I wanted an SE. I REALLY wanted n SE. I had an itch the Adv couldn't scratch. When you're in your death bed[1], your family gathered around you speaking in hushed terms of what a great dad/husband/grandad you were, you'll gain a small moment of clarity. You'll start to whisper, your family will lean in to hear. You start to regale them of tales of this mental motorbike you used to own. It was 6' high, it was way too powerful to ride on roads on those skinny rims, let alone off road. It took you places it shouldn't have done, you locked the rear for shit and giggles more that any bike you had. The seat was so hard, they added an "11" to the MOHs scale, and doctors were baffled how you survived that 600 mile day. It gave you pause every time you opened that garage and knocked 20 years off you every time you left the drive.

You'll drift off, but with an SE smile on your face your family will only partly understand.

Cheers

Markie

I know exactly what you mean. Killer BIKE!

KILLER!
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #64
Stobie
Mr. Motivated

Oddometer: 1,862
Quote:

Cheers

Markie

Hall of Fame post, Markie.

I sold my SE 2 years ago; began having my first pangs of regret within the last month. At least I had a good 5-year fling.

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them.

-Albert Einstein
Stobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #65
Balsta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
+7 years and +120 kkm

2nd motor (990) >50 tyres 3 fork and 2 shock overhauls 4 drive chains
total accum cost now 3-4 times the bike when new - and I love spending every cent
Yes 25 yrs age drop everytime climbing her
New bike feeling every first day each spring - with a power surprise
Just sliding out from the last bend on the dirt road into a straight section..full throttle through all gears...rear wheel still fiercly throwing stones backwards...also on 6th gear...field of sight narrowing down to a point far ahead...suspension taking care of all holes and big rocks too...scotts stearing stabilizer (best mod of them all) makes it feel like a locomotive on the rails...the bad road limits driving my car faster than 50 km/h...all this while the gps tells me 165 km/h...and living closer to instantaneous death is actually the moment when you really feel alive....
Old 12-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #66
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:

Bloody well said that man
Must go for a ride soon mate shame you missed morroco.

So you got one, now you know, sure an adv can go anywhere an se can go but will it be as much fun. Best bike ever, period.

950superenduro.com For those who own the best bike!
wilso122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #67
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilso122 View Post
Bloody well said that man
Must go for a ride soon mate shame you missed morroco.
We must indeed

Cheers

Markie