User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #136
BMacW650 OP

Oddometer: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoFloW View Post
hey boss man ? If you can squeeze me in I will cover shipping cost- shoot ya little more dough to buy ya round of beers at your favorite watering hole... Hole drilled and orange for color:) can pay ya anytime bubba!
Sorry, that's not how it works. Just give me one more day, it's a really bad time to get a hold of people. If you were higher up on my list I won't mind getting yours first. But right now you are #14. Unless I give up mine, you are on the waiting list.

Don't worry though, there are 4 people I contacted who never responded so far. Gonna drop them to the bottom of the list by the Friday.

The good news is I might be able to have a working lens protector by Friday. (Snow storm here delay the delivery of a few items and a few kits I sent out).
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #137
BMacW650 OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by braaap! View Post
thanks BMac!

Bloody hell, what a kit full of goodies, great workmanship. The time involved to put this together, so neatly, professionally... Bloody marvelous!
I really appreciate your effort, time and commitment... given that this is a love job!
I'm gobsmacked and heading to the workshop :)
Thanks for the kind words. I personally think the mask could be better and can use a spray of clearly coat. I want everyone to have reasonable expectation. Though I will give you a finger and ask you to do it yourself anyways, if you don't like it

I'm not afraid of saying so. I'm really doing everyone here a favor. The prototype has been on my bike for many months now. And I'm perfectly happy with that. It's because many people are interested, I've gone the extra miles to make this as neat and easy of a setup as I can with the resource I have.

It's more of a hobby and passion. In case you think I'm making money here, PM me I will send you a copy of the bill of materials I've been keeping.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #138
CoFloW
Pray For Snow.

Oddometer: 26
Wink Selfish bastard tis I.........

I dig your style bud! No pun intended! If I fit in to getting one I'm still gonna buy ya some rounds...... Pardon my SelFishNess! One of my character flaws that is induced greatly by my addiction to motorcycles!!!!!!
CoFloW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #139
BMacW650 OP

Acrylic lens protector is a go. They are not expensive but I don't get them right every time. So $10 a piece extra, if you want it. (you need 2 of them) EDIT: new process, I don't fuck up any more, $5 a piece

Since I have pretty much got all the goals of the original project done, and that the front of the lens is protected. I played around with the LED running light idea. This is completely experimental at the moment. If you want, PM me I will tell you the model of LED strips to buy for this. They are flexible and can be easily secured to the inside of these lens protector.

Also the color options are now : black, white, orange and blue. I personally like the white one the most with the stock screen. If you want to paint your own color, just pick white, or the base color closest to your final color.

Forgot to take a picture with just the two lens protectors on. You will just have to imagine what it looks like.

BMacW650 screwed with this post 01-05-2014 at 02:59 PM
Old 12-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #140
adrenalin-junkie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Definitely up for a set of these lights

Hey bud . I totally love the way you have everything figured out . Very precise and neat .

I definitely want a set of these . I was thinking of getting an 1190 . But they seem troublesome for now . So I'd rather upgrade my 950's shortcomings . Like lighting and suspension . Bingo I have an even more awesome bike .

That is per recommendation of my wife . She said my bike needs to be taller.

Shoot me a pm please of much the whole kit will be please .

AWESOME JOB .
adrenalin-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #141
BMacW650 OP

I found a slight better way to make these protectors. So $5 a piece. I'm going to make a new mold for the mask, so that it will have the grooves to seat the protectors.

Unfortunately not all the materials will be here before Christmas, otherwise I would use my break to really finish this whole thing one for all...

I'll figure out a way to send the new screen with protectors to everyone else who already got theirs. Just cover the shipping cost (I'm not asking for the cost of the materials).
Old 12-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #142
nomad guy
A legal alien

Oddometer: 800
I installed the kit today. You can tell that much attention was paid to each part of the kit. I love the look of it and even more the improvement of light intensity and pattern over my Euro reflector with the 35w HID.
I honestly was expecting that level of quality for such a great price.

04 KTM ADV 950S GO!!!!!
09 KTM 690 ENDURO R
nomad guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #143
zacnzoe
bustnluc

Oddometer: 79
YES! I'm in.

Great work on this improvement. I would like to be put on your list for a complete kit plus lens protector. I'll watch for a PM if I make your cut and am ready to pay ASAP. Thanks.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!"
zacnzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #144
BMacW650 OP

Mask from the new mold. Slightly better profile and finish, has recess so that the lens protector can be seated around the entire circumference.

I think it looks pretty cool without destroying the twin lens profile. I will make sure to send those early adapters the new version.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #145
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,588
That is excellent work! Great way to complete a brilliant kit.

I look forward to the install and proper lighting
Old 12-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #146
BMacW650 OP

I finally swapped out the old unit on my own bike. Also installed the JW Speaker I got for Christmas. (more on the light later).

Anyways, shot a quick video showing how everything goes together. (I didn't install the rubber grommets yet, so these mask pop out/in a bit easier than the actual delivery.

BMacW650 screwed with this post 12-28-2013 at 08:51 PM
Old 12-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #147
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,883
Very nicely done.
DRjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #148
BMacW650 OP

I spent most of my christmas break making a new mold. The new batch of acrylic I ordered are not going to work. So I had to order a new batch. (everything is a bit delayed)

Acrylite 65 is supposed to have twice the impact resistance of the regular acrylic. But I found it having terrible property under heat. It becomes slightly opaque when exposed to heat. A quick test in front of the halogen 55w high beam confirmed that it won't work.

I've also tried polycarbonate, but they just don't compare to the clarity of normal acrylic, not to mention the better UV resistance. So I'm going back to regular acrylic.

This is completely experimental. I find a way to semi embed an LED ring light in to the front (inside) of lens protector directly. These(accent ring lights) are not weatherproof, but I think if I just seal all the resistors and connections it would be fine, especially because they are going to be behind the acrylic shell. Overtime dust might get in between as well. Too early to tell. But I think it looks better than the waterproofed LED strips. Send me a PM if you want me to send you one. They are not that expensive, so it's worth the try for the look.

I can't find any with black circuit board, that would look a bit cooler when the bike is off, since they sit all the way in the front of the lens protector.

BMacW650 screwed with this post 01-05-2014 at 09:35 AM
Old 01-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #149
CoFloW
Pray For Snow.

Oddometer: 26
Laugh BmaC SkiLLz!!!

Kit arrived and must say the precise workmanship BmaC has applied to this kit has far exceeded my expectations 10-fold!!! From the fabrication to electrical to the packaging BmaC! You set the bar so high few will ever reach!!! Dude Thank You!!!!! This is the real deal here folks!!!!
CoFloW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #150
JoeMongo
¿Por dónde?

Oddometer: 353
Thumb Wow, that looks like an outstanding design!

That looks like a very professional fab job that solves the lighting issues with a clean and simple solution. Great job dood.

If you end up with any kits left over after going through your waiting list, I'll take one!

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
JoeMongo is offline   Reply With Quote