ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #346
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny
 
Sporting Wood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Horneytown, NC
Oddometer: 891
All orders shipped so everyone is getting them by Xmas. Cheers

Thanks to everyone for being patient while we churned through a rather extensive backorder list. Everything is back on the shelf and ready for immediate shipping. Thanks!
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #347
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,706
SW and ManuC

I just fitted an AEM wideband gauge. At the point when the hesitation occurs is I think when the needles begin to rise (15-25% throttle) and AFR shoots at well over 17. I am trying to keep throttle as steady as possible and increase very slowly, when ths happens.That is at a high enough gear and incline to keep engine load at max. So it seems the needles need to be raised. Didn't have the chance yet to try WOT for a long enough strech, but it seems that when revs rise above 6000, AFR is somewhere between 12 and 13.
Needles are the FP at #3, floats 4 - 4.5mm, 170/172 mains, 45 slows all else stock.
I have set idle with the screws at AFR 13.5 or so which corresponds at 2 turns out.

Any comments?

mousitsas screwed with this post 12-23-2013 at 05:54 AM
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #348
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny
 
Sporting Wood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Horneytown, NC
Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
SW and ManuC

I just fitted an AEM wideband gauge. At the point when the hesitation occurs is I think when the needles begin to rise (15-25% throttle) and AFR shoots at well over 17. I am trying to keep throttle as steady as possible and increase very slowly, when ths happens.That is at a high enough gear and incline to keep engine load at max. So it seems the needles need to be raised. Didn't have the chance yet to try WOT for a long enough strech, but it seems that when revs rise above 6000, AFR is somewhere between 12 and 13.
Needles are the FP at #3, floats 4 - 4.5mm, 170/172 mains, 45 slows all else stock.
I have set idle with the screws at AFR 13.5 or so which corresponds at 2 turns out.

Any comments?
Good work! You are correct. You will need to raise the needle. You checked your air jets, right? Should be stock 80 & 50. That will also cause a lean spike...

When you raise the needles, it will typically mean that the main will bleed more, prompting you to lean out the bottom end a bit. Could mean an even taller float, I've never gone over 5mm, or a drop back to 42 pilots.

Congrats, you have one of the strong LC8's. Most of them won't run /4.
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #349
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
Congrats, you have one of the strong LC8's. Most of them won't run /4.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #350
ManuC
950 SM
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Ardennes Belgium
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
SW and ManuC

I just fitted an AEM wideband gauge. At the point when the hesitation occurs is I think when the needles begin to rise (15-25% throttle) and AFR shoots at well over 17. I am trying to keep throttle as steady as possible and increase very slowly, when ths happens.That is at a high enough gear and incline to keep engine load at max. So it seems the needles need to be raised. Didn't have the chance yet to try WOT for a long enough strech, but it seems that when revs rise above 6000, AFR is somewhere between 12 and 13.
Needles are the FP at #3, floats 4 - 4.5mm, 170/172 mains, 45 slows all else stock.
I have set idle with the screws at AFR 13.5 or so which corresponds at 2 turns out.

Any comments?
Thanks Mousitsas
I will try 4 on the needles for the rest I have the same jettings only the fuel screws on 2.5 are differents.
Or first try to put 172/175....
ManuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #351
2kool2be4gotten
Adventurer
 
2kool2be4gotten's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Waterloo, ON
Oddometer: 39
Back ordered Over-Sock Filter received today, just in time for topping the tree :) Thanks for putting all of this together!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
All orders shipped so everyone is getting them by Xmas. Cheers

Thanks to everyone for being patient while we churned through a rather extensive backorder list. Everything is back on the shelf and ready for immediate shipping. Thanks!
__________________
knobby tires on a gravel road....
2kool2be4gotten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #352
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,706
Went for a ride today with the needles @4 stop
Problem has disappered stop
Bike is mental stop
This filter setup should not be legal stop
Still no chance to open it up for top speed to check mains stop
Will report at first chance stop

Merry Xmas to all
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #353
ManuC
950 SM
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Ardennes Belgium
Oddometer: 34
Yes

Just finish to put mine to 4 but with the weather no chance to ride it

Thanks Mousitsas and Merry Christmas to all
ManuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #354
ManuC
950 SM
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Ardennes Belgium
Oddometer: 34
Voilà just make a little test and Bingo no more surge like Mousitsas

Now just the fine ajustement with the fuel screws and may be drop the mains to 168/170 or 165/168 (I think it pulls harder before with 165/168)

For the moment

Mains 170/172
Needles FP at 4 from the top
Floats 4 mm
Pilots 45
Fuel screws 2.5
From 0 to 1000 ft level
ManuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #355
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuC View Post
Voilà just make a little test and Bingo no more surge like Mousitsas

Now just the fine ajustement with the fuel screws and may be drop the mains to 168/170 or 165/168 (I think it pulls harder before with 165/168)

For the moment

Mains 170/172
Needles FP at 4 from the top
Floats 4 mm
Pilots 45
Fuel screws 2.5
From 0 to 1000 ft level
Nice!
You must be right about the smaller mains. I will try tomorrow to give it run at WOT.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #356
ManuC
950 SM
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Ardennes Belgium
Oddometer: 34
Impatient of the results.

Thanks
ManuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #357
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider
 
ICERIDER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Stanley Falkland Islands
Oddometer: 423
Nice bedtime reading
__________________
950 SE
WR250R
950 ADV
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #358
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Reno
Oddometer: 1,230
And this filter setup does the same for the 990 FI!!!
__________________
KTMs--300, 518, 990
renogeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #359
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,706
The weather has taken a dive, lots of rain, will have to wait for a couple of days unfortunately, for WOT AFR readings.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:29 AM   #360
ManuC
950 SM
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Ardennes Belgium
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
The weather has taken a dive, lots of rain, will have to wait for a couple of days unfortunately, for WOT AFR readings.
Yes the same here .... patient
ManuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014