ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #151
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
I have a dished out corbin(short guy I am)and the typical Coleman pad,not comfortable but after a while KLR numbness sets in and hey it's all just a crazy smile from there on.
Tried the Corbin dished (hard and not the correct shape) and Sargent (great quality but also not the right shape for me, better than the Corbin). Settled on a Russel. Worth every penny! No numbness ever. 40 K miles and countless 10-14 hour days after days at a time and at least 10, 7-800+ miles days on it now.

A stock seat - 45 minutes before the agony sets in.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #152
scott2h2
Adventurer
 
scott2h2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: East Texas
Oddometer: 14
When I bought my 08 KLR this past summer, I could not do more than 30 miles without getting numb is some places and hurting badly in others. So, at the urging of a friend he said to cut out the stock foam and replace it with 8# carpet padding. I did just that, 4 layers of carpet padding later I have a very comfortable seat. All it cost was the glue and a 24"x48" piece of carpet pad and now I can go all day on it.
My work is only .5 mile from my house, so I do not commute most days because of the time it takes to put on and take off the gear... Just not worth it for a 2 minute ride. On the weekends and evenings when it stays light after 6, I ride as much as possible.
__________________
In the immortal words of Master Yoda, "No, try not. Do or do not? There is no Try."
2008 KLR 650
scott2h2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #153
8lives
Runnin on wonder
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Shasta County,Calif
Oddometer: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
Tried the Corbin dished (hard and not the correct shape) and Sargent (great quality but also not the right shape for me, better than the Corbin). Settled on a Russel. Worth every penny! No numbness ever. 40 K miles and countless 10-14 hour days after days at a time and at least 10, 7-800+ miles days on it now.

A stock seat - 45 minutes before the agony sets in.
I live near Russell's shop,had them repair a seat for a R6 I had,nice people,great work,next seat will probably be a Russell,that said I also live close to Rick Mayer and watched him build a seat for a friend of mine,he also does good work,I'm lucky I have 2 premier seat people in the same county,choices baby!
__________________
Revenge is time wasted when you could be having fun!
Only look back to change lanes!
2013 Wee Strom AKA Miley
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
8lives smugmug
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #154
steveWFL OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
steveWFL's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
I live near Russell's shop,had them repair a seat for a R6 I had,nice people,great work,next seat will probably be a Russell,that said I also live close to Rick Mayer and watched him build a seat for a friend of mine,he also does good work,I'm lucky I have 2 premier seat people in the same county,choices baby!

^^^^nice!
__________________
KTM EXC - in 530 flavor
'10 Concours14 with >84,000 miles and ticking'
'99 ZX9R Ninja - rolling retro style
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #155
sasho
Dual Personality
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: MT/Bulgaria
Oddometer: 445
I've done some 500 mile days on the stock '08 KLR seat.

I wouldn't do that back to back, no way...
sasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #156
steveWFL OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
steveWFL's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho View Post
I've done some 500 mile days on the stock '08 KLR seat.

I wouldn't do that back to back, no way...
you 'prolly could with an airhawk on it
__________________
KTM EXC - in 530 flavor
'10 Concours14 with >84,000 miles and ticking'
'99 ZX9R Ninja - rolling retro style
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:42 AM   #157
sasho
Dual Personality
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: MT/Bulgaria
Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWFL View Post
you 'prolly could with an airhawk on it
I just got a SeatConcepts saddle, we'll see how that works...
sasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #158
steveWFL OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
steveWFL's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho View Post
I just got a SeatConcepts saddle, we'll see how that works...
+1 likewise

^^^i just got one of those for the KTM
__________________
KTM EXC - in 530 flavor
'10 Concours14 with >84,000 miles and ticking'
'99 ZX9R Ninja - rolling retro style
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014