Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
brocku
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
That's great. We can watch the build up and follow along with words of encouragement.
Heja sverige!
brocku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
Åmme OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
Good luck and i think what you have chosen is THE way of doing the dakar as a privateer. Its all about lasting the distance and finishing it.

Please share more details about your training. I am currently am doing very basic stuff to keep fit.

My training program is based on my own gut feeling and has no professional evaluation behind it, I focus on endurance cardio training and for the next 5 months the majority will be indoor in a gym as the temperature and air pollution in Ulaanbaatar don’t promote outdoor training.

Right now I keep each pass of spinning to between 45 to 75 minutes each and with minimum pulse of 130 I hope that by spring time I will be able to make 180 minutes with a minimum pulse of 140.

Spinning is my only option as I will never be able to run anymore in my life, hopefully will I be able to go to country side by end of January and do some cross country skiing.

In regards to strength I focus on my back and abs and to get my strength back in left leg again endurance in focus low weight and many reps.

Last weeks training
Cardio 5 hours
Strenght 2.5 hours

In total I still have 98,25 % of my training plan left

Åmme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #18
Mike The Swede
Mike, The Swede

Oddometer: 43
Thanks everybody for your encouraging words. I will do everything possible so that we can make "the handshake" on the finish podium somewhere in South America. in mid January 2015. So who am I? As Troy said I'm no spring chicken, made my MX debut back in 1974 at the age of 13. Have been riding and racing dirt bikes on and off ever since. Did my first Rally in 2008 in the Australian Safari, got the bug big time and has since then been in Tuareg 2010,-11 and -12. In 2013 I did Rally Mongolia together with my brother Åmme.
TBC
Mike The Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #19
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 16,763
Great to see you poke your head in to say hi Mike! Welcome, looking forward to following the lead up to 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #20
Mike The Swede
Mike, The Swede

Oddometer: 43
The bike

The bikes issue is solved. This is the bike I'm going to use.

How do you insert more than one picture?
Attached Images

Mike The Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #21
Åmme OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Nothing more to repeort then training done since last

Cardio 6 hours mainly spinning puls between 130/155 ( yes I know I'm getting old)
Strenght 2 hours

In total 97 % of training plan left

A lot of thoughts around partner-sponsorship presentation material will try to meet up with brother around Chrismas to see if we can finalize our base plan.

I'm really in favour that they try to make the stages a little bit longer and with 2 maraton stages, the more we will suffer the better for me, I will probably regret this comment day 11 after been without sleep for 30 hours and pain in every part of my body.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #22
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
You will do fine. They are long stages, so don't waste any time out there!

Keep the posts coming please!
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #23
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
No Husaberg?
Old 11-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #24
BC61
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Åmme View Post
My training program is based on my own gut feeling and has no professional evaluation behind it, I focus on endurance cardio training

Spinning is my only option as I will never be able to run anymore in my life
Sounds like you are on the right track. I'm not a pro either but I've had good results with cardio interval training.
Endurance cardio is important. Build up a minimal endurance then work on intervals upping and lowering your heart rate hitting your max heart rate and recover a few times during the extended work out.

If you have access to a rowing machine spend as much time on it as you can over the spinning. A row machine will work a lot more muscle groups and is much closer to the actions of riding.

Good Luck!

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #25
Åmme OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GezwindeSpoed View Post
No Husaberg?
Right now I don't have a clue what to ride, have a 660RFR a 690 RFR and 570 Berg rally light needs to find a suitable 450 but I'm not really worried about the bike, I will give priority to reliability versus speed. One option could be to convert the 690 to a 450 if the kit makes it to the market and get's approval from organisation but the 690 is a heavy bike and I'm quite big myself. Another option could be to buy a fresh Berg 450 and use everything from the 570 would give me a lot of spares from the 570.

If I will have the cash available I would not mind a second hand 450 RFR and I can use KTM service for spares. Priority is to get start approval the rest is details.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #26
Åmme OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC61 View Post
Sounds like you are on the right track. I'm not a pro either but I've had good results with cardio interval training.
Endurance cardio is important. Build up a minimal endurance then work on intervals upping and lowering your heart rate hitting your max heart rate and recover a few times during the extended work out.

If you have access to a rowing machine spend as much time on it as you can over the spinning. A row machine will work a lot more muscle groups and is much closer to the actions of riding.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the advice BC61, I'm doing some interval training right now but will increase based on your advice, the Gym don't have a row machine and I'm really missing it.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #27
Åmme OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Have more or less made up my mind in regards to bike choise and in my opinion the optimum choice for ME and Malle Moto will let you know within a month.

Otherwise is the mature body responding quite well to the cardio and strenght training, If would have been this serius when I there younger I could have ended up in the Swedish National Rugby team .

40 days without a beer even managed company Chrismas party including Kareoke sober

Training achived since last reporting
Cardio 8 hours yes with focus in interval training (I already hate that spinning bike)

Strenght 6 hours

Only 95 % left of planned training

Carl Hagenbladh who intend to apply for Dakar 2015 will join us for the team meeting at Chrismas let's see what happends as Carl have the ambition to have a service truck for him and the mechanic.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #28
brocku
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
God karioke sober and from a Swede too. Imposible !!
brocku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
Åmme OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocku View Post
God karioke sober and from a Swede too. Imposible !!
I try to convince myself that yes you can have fun in a party sober, thrust me I'm still trying.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:18 AM   #30
Åmme OP
Gnarly Adventurer

It might sound foolish by some of you but I have selected to ride a Husaberg in Dakar 2015, have purchased 1 of Thomas Berglunds old bikes ready to race.
The main reason for selecting a berg is following:
Been racing berg in Sweden, Morocco, Mongolia for the last 4 years and without a single misfire.
I know the bike it's strength and more important it's weakness.
I have the knowledge to fix it without any assistance.
I'm planning to bring a spare engine with me and if anybody have the knowledge of spare 450 engine available for sale please let me know.