Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #361
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,585
Some new data. The needles at #4 were eventually border lean at sea level and winter temperatures (10C). Therefore, I moved them to #5, switched the slows back to 42 and the mains to 180/182.
My impression so far of the 45 slows is that I don't like them. The 42's (with higher needle position) allow for better throttle control and I guess this happens because they move the slides towards the lighter throttle end of the operation envelop, being inherently a better metering circuit.
All these are with open akras.
If this setting proves to be heavy on mileage, I will move the needles back to #4, compensate with the fuel screws which currently sit at around 2 turns out and live with a little bit of leanness during the winter months.

Happy New Year to All!
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:08 AM   #362
ManuC
950 SM

Oddometer: 34
Hi Mousitsas did you test TPS sensor between .5 to .6Volts out of range this could make some lean surge around 3000 rmp ??
ManuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #363
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuC View Post
Hi Mousitsas did you test TPS sensor between .5 to .6Volts out of range this could make some lean surge around 3000 rmp ??
Good point. I didn't. But I guess if it did, it would now too, but it doesn't.
Furthermore, prior to ITG I had a perfectly fueled H2W and I don't think something moved during the change.
But I will look into it out of curiosity. Where did you intercept the TPS voltage and what values do you expect at zero throttle?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #364
ManuC
950 SM

http://www.ktm950.info/how/wotf/wotf...PositionSensor

As we take of the carbs currently it can move mine was at .4V last time I chek it ...
Old 01-02-2014, 05:39 AM   #365
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
Furthermore, prior to ITG I had a perfectly fueled H2W and I don't think something moved during the change.
Air jets, I know I mentioned it before but... h2w kits work great for the air box and especially with a pre filter BUT they typically include a larger idle air jet. With the free flowing filter and less vacuum, the larger idle air causes a huge lean spike at the needles transition. Hope you have checked and made sure that the idle air and idle air cutoff jets are stock, 80 and 50.

#1 = main air jet (40)
#2 = ACV (air cut valve) jet (80)
#3 = idle-air jet (50)

Reference: http://www.ktm950.info/how/Orange%20...e/jetting.html

Sporting Wood screwed with this post 01-02-2014 at 05:50 AM
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #366
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
Air jets, I know I mentioned it before but... h2w kits work great for the air box and especially with a pre filter BUT they typically include a larger idle air jet. With the free flowing filter and less vacuum, the larger idle air causes a huge lean spike at the needles transition. Hope you have checked and made sure that the idle air and idle air cutoff jets are stock, 80 and 50.

#1 = main air jet (40)
#3 = idle-air jet (50)

Yes you have and I made sure I changed it back to stock first time Chris. If I remember well, the h2w kit included only one jet on the wind side, yes?

Btw, the bike now really rips. I have no complaints whatsoever, other than the loudness of the open cans, so I will revisit my settings at some point to include db killers.

I am taking a tangent here, but I was wondering if you have any experience from 2-1 exhaust setups. I was thinking something in the philosophy of the Remus Roxx system. Any thoughts on this in respect to the level of sound, nature of power and jetting changes?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #367
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
Yes you have and I made sure I changed it back to stock first time Chris. If I remember well, the h2w kit included only one jet on the wind side, yes?

Btw, the bike now really rips. I have no complaints whatsoever, other than the loudness of the open cans, so I will revisit my settings at some point to include db killers.

I am taking a tangent here, but I was wondering if you have any experience from 2-1 exhaust setups. I was thinking something in the philosophy of the Remus Roxx system. Any thoughts on this in respect to the level of sound, nature of power and jetting changes?
Yep, the 50 idle air jet #3 in the diagram is often changed to a 60/70/80 and this can have disastrous results with the free breathing filter. I probably repeat myself as this seems to be the problem that I most often see in my pm box. I have also seen these switched around, the 50 where the 80 goes and vice versa for instance.

I cannot comment much on 2/1 pipes as I have limited experience with them. A buddy has the first one that was made. IMHO, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two as far as tuning goes. Similarly, using the db killers, at least in my Akras, makes absolutely no difference as evidenced by pulling dynos back to back.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #368
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

I have a few announcements to make.

I have several new products coming out soon including the often requested quick detach glovebox mod and an exclusive new concept, the 'tater warmer'.

I have also found a very good manufacturer of high quality wheel bearings. I'd like to get a few of them in some bikes to test out. I'm getting them from the manufacturer direct so I can offer a great price. There is a Limited Lifetime Warranty on these...which is a pretty big deal with wheel bearings...

LC8 kits with bearings and seals will be $24/front wheel and $29/rear (includes cush bearing). I'll offer free shipping in the US or $5 off until they go into the store. PM if you may be interested.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #369
Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer: 1,313
Thanks for bringing it up. I completely forgot about it. I had advmachine setup before.
Good news it took me about 20 minutes to put stock air jets in. I also played with the needles(fACTORY PRO) yesterday - 2 is very lean, 3 is ok, 4 is very good(sea level). Really easy to change.
I think I can go to 17:42 instead of 17:45, there is so much power everywhere.
Still need to sort out main jets, but that takes a bit more work and seems to be fine now.

Quote:

#1 = main air jet (40)
#3 = idle-air jet (50)

666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #370
ACME Rider Supply
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
I have a few announcements to make.

I have several new products coming out soon including the often requested quick detach glovebox mod and an exclusive new concept, the 'tater warmer'.

I have also found a very good manufacturer of high quality wheel bearings. I'd like to get a few of them in some bikes to test out. I'm getting them from the manufacturer direct so I can offer a great price. There is a Limited Lifetime Warranty on these...which is a pretty big deal with wheel bearings...

LC8 kits with bearings and seals will be $24/front wheel and $29/rear (includes cush bearing). I'll offer free shipping in the US or $5 off until they go into the store. PM if you may be interested.
Sounds Exciting! When are we going to see the new stuff? Ive got some questions on the bearings I will pm you about.

ACME Rider Supply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #371
CA_Rage
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Question where to go from here?

2004 950
Akrapovic exhaust
sea level

old
42 slows and R165/F160
stock needles @ #3, 3mm floats? 2.5-2.25 turns on fuel screws

new
45 slows and R172/F170 combination.
FP needles @ #3, 4mm floats, 1.5 turns on the fuel screws (flex jets)

All installed and the power increase can really be felt.
I have gained about 7 miles per hour at 5k rmps and love the sound, but having some issues.
Under full throttle it pulls hard and feels great, at lower rpms and when cruising its sluggish and inconstant. Under deceleration it pops and backfires.

Suggestions of what to try first as far as adjustments go?
I'm also interested in the glovebox mod and potato warmer when those become available.
CA_Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:20 AM   #372
ManuC
950 SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Rage View Post
2004 950
Akrapovic exhaust
sea level

old
42 slows and R165/F160

new

I have gained about 7 miles per hour at 5k rmps and love the sound, but having some issues.
Under full throttle it pulls hard and feels great, at lower rpms and when cruising its sluggish and inconstant. Under deceleration it pops and backfires.

I'm also interested in the glovebox mod and potato warmer when those become available.
If the floats are at 4 mm try
-2 or 2.25 on fuel screws
then
-#4 for the needles

and for the pops it's probably an air intake in the exhaust part N° 21

http://www.cross-roads.fr/pieces_et_...tem-10657.html
Old 01-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #373
Sporting Wood OP
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Rage View Post
2004 950
Akrapovic exhaust
sea level

old
42 slows and R165/F160

new

What he said plus check your valves.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #374
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Havent seen many reports regarding the application of this set up in the FI models. Any particular reason?

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #375
maxinux
KiLR

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
Havent seen many reports regarding the application of this set up in the FI models. Any particular reason?
I think the FI side is easier, since the maps can be used the same as the ones from the other similar pod filter design... and jetting carbs is manual labor instead of computer labor.
maxinux is offline   Reply With Quote