ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #3796
inyang
5secs away
 
inyang's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Lagos/Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Oddometer: 319
"inmate' discount still on?

At your site and the 'inmate' discount code is not accepted.

No more discount or different code?
__________________
'11 - 690R
inyang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #3797
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyang View Post
At your site and the 'inmate' discount code is not accepted.

No more discount or different code?
fixed, "inmate" good for 10% off
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #3798
hoadie72
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 62
I missed that there's an inmate discount when I placed my order. I'll definitely remember next time!

I installed a pair of M60s + dimmer on my F650GS over the weekend and while I've tried the lights out twice at night, I'm impressed both with the increased visibility other road users have of me, and how much brighter these lights are at night when on high. It's difficult to say exactly, but they seem to be twice as bright as the puny OEM high beam, and that's with the M60s still pointing to the ground a bit.

Anyway, I have a question - with the dimmer set to anything other than the lowest setting, off, or full, one of my lights makes an audible high pitched humming noise. The dimmer I bought is the "Rotary LED Dimmer with High Beam Bypass". Is this to be expected?
hoadie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #3799
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer
 
Jnich77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Orlando Fl
Oddometer: 593
Two model 30's and a model 60 + my high beam with a OEM spec bulb in the middle of nowhere Tx.

Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:08 AM   #3800
Rutabaga
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Southeast Lower Carolina
Oddometer: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoadie72 View Post

I installed a pair of M60s + dimmer on my F650GS over the weekend and while I've tried the lights out twice at night, I'm impressed both with the increased visibility other road users have of me, and how much brighter these lights are at night when on high. It's difficult to say exactly, but they seem to be twice as bright as the puny OEM high beam, and that's with the M60s still pointing to the ground a bit.
Could you please post a picture of your installation? I have an 09 G650 and have interest in seeing the possibilities. Thanks.
Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #3801
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiffynimrod View Post
Does that include the Rotary LED Dimmer with High Beam Bypass? That may explain the degrade in battery performance after I installed the dimmer and the M30's on the GSA. Or the battery's just wearing out.
The rotary dimmer pulls .0065a when off.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #3802
inyang
5secs away
 
inyang's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Lagos/Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
fixed, "inmate" good for 10% off
Order placed
__________________
'11 - 690R
inyang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:51 AM   #3803
hoadie72
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
Could you please post a picture of your installation? I have an 09 G650 and have interest in seeing the possibilities. Thanks.
Here you go.



Admittedly in that position there's a little movement. A more rigid position would be near the indicator stalks but I want people to see when I'm turning. Or not.
hoadie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #3804
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?
 
cba191's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 575
what exactly would I need in addition to the lights. I want to use a skene dimmer and a handlebar switch. I'm thinking about a 30 and a 44.
I'd think about the 60 if my Tiger had a better alternator.
cba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:25 AM   #3805
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
what exactly would I need in addition to the lights. I want to use a skene dimmer and a handlebar switch. I'm thinking about a 30 and a 44.
I'd think about the 60 if my Tiger had a better alternator.
You'll need to mount the lights. The Tiger electrical should be able to handle the M60s easily. I ran a couple of 55w halogens when I had my tiger, no problem. A pair of M60s is less than 60w. Keep in mind if you are using a dimmer, the power consumption is significantly reduced while in the dimmed mode. Typically when you have the high beams on you are moving, thus creating a bit more power from the electrical system.

sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:49 AM   #3806
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,476
Another happy customer

I got my model 30's installed. I am really pleased with the ease of install and quality of the products. Thanks so much for the great products and great service. The lights make it a joy to ride at night.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #3807
hoadie72
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoadie72 View Post
I missed that there's an inmate discount when I placed my order. I'll definitely remember next time!

I installed a pair of M60s + dimmer on my F650GS over the weekend and while I've tried the lights out twice at night, I'm impressed both with the increased visibility other road users have of me, and how much brighter these lights are at night when on high. It's difficult to say exactly, but they seem to be twice as bright as the puny OEM high beam, and that's with the M60s still pointing to the ground a bit.

Anyway, I have a question - with the dimmer set to anything other than the lowest setting, off, or full, one of my lights makes an audible high pitched humming noise. The dimmer I bought is the "Rotary LED Dimmer with High Beam Bypass". Is this to be expected?
Hi sanjoh; when you have a sec can you pls take a look at this?
hoadie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #3808
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwj - Donnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Traveling on the Moto or Escuitla, Chiapas, Mexico
Oddometer: 13,129
How do the Model 30 LED off road Spot lights compare to the $319 auxiliary LIGHTS KTM sells for the 990 Adventures? Will the supplied brackets mount them under the fairing of the 990 Adventure the way the KTM lights mount? Also, what is the difference between the standard lights and the heavy duty lights? Thanks!

Donnie

dwj - Donnie screwed with this post 01-14-2014 at 07:34 PM
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #3809
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoadie72 View Post
Hi sanjoh; when you have a sec can you pls take a look at this?
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
How do the Model 30 LED off road Spot lights compare to the $319 auxiliary LIGHTS KTM sells for the 990 Adventures? Will the supplied brackets mount them under the fairing of the 990 Adventure the way the KTM lights mount? Also, what is the difference between the standard lights and the heavy duty lights? Thanks!

Donnie
Here is a thread on the KTM kit. Looking at the beam pictures in that thread, a pair of model 30s will offer: 1) significantly longer throw/distance, way beyond the stock high beam. 2)more light closer to the bike.

The M30 will mount to a stud or flat surface. Looks like that kit comes with some additional brackets.



sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #3810
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jaimoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Santiago, Chile
Oddometer: 1,190
Donnie, John,

The 990 above is mine (and my buddy's Africa twin), both with Model 60, same as model 30 in terms of size.

My mechanic made a couple of aluminum brackets to mount the lights under the cowling, they can be seen in the first pic arising from the fairing's side. It's a bit over engineered and not really necessary but they are very well made.
You can also install them using a simple straight steel angle on each side of front frame, mounted vertical, using the horn mount holes and identical holes on the other side of the front frame.
__________________
Jaime

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014