ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
atadloco OP
Ouch.. Ta Daaaaaa..

Oddometer: 697
From Fort Myers to New Hampshire in March

So I finally sold my RS and GSXR and picked up an 1150GS I'll be flying into Fort Myers on March 6 and leaving the next day for possibly a Daytona Beach ride through. So here is the question. I'd like to take somewhat of a scenic route to Reisterstown, MD where a friend has allowed me a pillow for the night. From there it's north to NH. I'm not sure of snowfall or ice in parts of Georgia, SC, NC and Virginia, Should I stay on the eastern part of the states, or go into the middle for nice riding. I ride in the winter time so cold doesn't much matter. Thanks for helping....
atadloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #2
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 11,996
Did you see Bert's Daytona Adventure Ride thread? It'll be through the Ocala National Forest on Saturday the 11th. You'll probably be long gone by then though.

There's some really nice riding north of Atlanta. Suches, GA is a really nice area. If you've never ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway you need to. It's a very narrow scenic route through the woods. Get on in Ashville, NC

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
RT jim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadloco
So I finally sold my RS and GSXR and picked up an 1150GS I'll be flying into Fort Myers on March 6 and leaving the next day for possibly a Daytona Beach ride through. So here is the question. I'd like to take somewhat of a scenic route to Reisterstown, MD where a friend has allowed me a pillow for the night. From there it's north to NH. I'm not sure of snowfall or ice in parts of Georgia, SC, NC and Virginia, Should I stay on the eastern part of the states, or go into the middle for nice riding. I ride in the winter time so cold doesn't much matter. Thanks for helping....
Early March you may see snow. Here in south NH. Farther north bigger chance NH That's a drag cause there is nice places.
RT jim is offline   Reply With Quote