ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #4636
Infidel
Adventure-Junkie
 
Infidel's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Augusta, GA
Oddometer: 2,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
Do you have a gps? We got lots a good stuff...
I do..
__________________
"Because FYYFF, that's why!"

Oh, and- No matter how good life is, It never ends well.
Infidel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #4637
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!
 
sdthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Augusta, GA
Oddometer: 536
One that accepts tracks or a nuvi kind that only does routes?
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #4638
Infidel
Adventure-Junkie
 
Infidel's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Augusta, GA
Oddometer: 2,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
One that accepts tracks or a nuvi kind that only does routes?
I have a Zumo- but I have software to do conversions.
__________________
"Because FYYFF, that's why!"

Oh, and- No matter how good life is, It never ends well.
Infidel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #4639
Flyrotax
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: North Augusta,SC
Oddometer: 102
Tell me you didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
Figures the day I sell my XR, y'all decide you want to ride!!
Thorp, so now are you out for a while? If you run across someone looking for a real deal on a my xrl send them my way.
Bill
Flyrotax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #4640
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!
 
sdthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Augusta, GA
Oddometer: 536
Yep, I'm out for a while... Don't sell yours, I'll rent it from you for some day rides!!
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #4641
Swamp Rat
DEO VINDICE
 
Swamp Rat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere in the world welding pipe
Oddometer: 90
Hey yall, thought I would stop and check in. I just relocated down here to the CSRA from the mountains(Blairsville) for work. I have been mostly a lurker for the last several years just trying to get thru school. Once I start working I hope to get out and ride more since the boss lady is still up in the other end of the state and I wont be going home every weekend.

Been riding a '05 KLR since it was new on FS and mild single track. I am still beating it around in my head to get a GSA and the payment or tweek mine to a 685.
__________________
You can ignore reality, but you can not ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. ~Ayn Rand

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america -- reboot constitution? (Y/N)
Swamp Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #4642
Flyrotax
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: North Augusta,SC
Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
Hey yall, thought I would stop and check in. I just relocated down here to the CSRA from the mountains(Blairsville) for work. I have been mostly a lurker for the last several years just trying to get thru school. Once I start working I hope to get out and ride more since the boss lady is still up in the other end of the state and I wont be going home every weekend.

Been riding a '05 KLR since it was new on FS and mild single track. I am still beating it around in my head to get a GSA and the payment or tweek mine to a 685.
Well, Swamp Rat welcome to the CSRA. As a group we just don't seem to get together as much as we used too, and the group seems to be constantly evolving a bit. Maybe things will pick up in the spring, or someone put a RIDE TOGETHER.
Bill
Flyrotax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #4643
Infidel
Adventure-Junkie
 
Infidel's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Augusta, GA
Oddometer: 2,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrotax View Post
Well, Swamp Rat welcome to the CSRA. As a group we just don't seem to get together as much as we used too, and the group seems to be constantly evolving a bit. Maybe things will pick up in the spring, or someone put a RIDE TOGETHER.

Bill

We ride? I thought all we did in GA was troll ADV.

I rode yesterday. The bike needed a washin'.
__________________
"Because FYYFF, that's why!"

Oh, and- No matter how good life is, It never ends well.
Infidel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #4644
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot
 
Jman955i's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Martinez/Augusta, Georgia
Oddometer: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
We ride? I thought all we did in GA was troll ADV.

I rode yesterday. The bike needed a washin'.

I am still waiting for my fork tubes to come back, I guess the Christmas holidays have a backlog. Called and they won't be back till next Monday. So it still looks like I will be out for another couple of weeks. Jonesing for some Heavy's, The Ravine, and The Bridge.
__________________
Josh
Somewhere in North Carolina I purchased 2 miles of roadside flowers for the low price of $850.00
Jman955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #4645
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!
 
sdthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Augusta, GA
Oddometer: 536
Slow work week for me...

I spent the morning compiling up a bunch of day rides out of Augusta into one file to keep loaded on the GPS at all times for any spur of the moment stuff. Here's a dropbox link to it if you're interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcbzf00y7y...ay%20Rides.gdb

or if this doesn't work, just pm me for it.

-Dan's Abbeville route
-2 different routes to Heavy's and another way back.
-Josh's route to Toccoa and back down through SC
-Athens
-That Quarry Ride we did
-Savannah
-Grovetown to Waynesboro
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #4646
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!
 
sdthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Augusta, GA
Oddometer: 536
Get out and ride for those that can't!!

sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #4647
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer
 
Wlfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: SC
Oddometer: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
Slow work week for me...

I spent the morning compiling up a bunch of day rides out of Augusta into one file to keep loaded on the GPS at all times for any spur of the moment stuff. Here's a dropbox link to it if you're interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcbzf00y7y...ay%20Rides.gdb

or if this doesn't work, just pm me for it.

-Dan's Abbeville route
-2 different routes to Heavy's and another way back.
-Josh's route to Toccoa and back down through SC
-Athens
-That Quarry Ride we did
-Savannah
-Grovetown to Waynesboro
AWESOME. Thank you for posting this and allowing it to be Downloaded. One question. What is the percentage of dirt/pavement are these rides?

__________________
I ride not to add days to my life, but to add life to my days.

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #4648
Infidel
Adventure-Junkie
 
Infidel's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Augusta, GA
Oddometer: 2,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
Slow work week for me...

I spent the morning compiling up a bunch of day rides out of Augusta into one file to keep loaded on the GPS at all times for any spur of the moment stuff. Here's a dropbox link to it if you're interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcbzf00y7y...ay%20Rides.gdb

or if this doesn't work, just pm me for it.

-Dan's Abbeville route
-2 different routes to Heavy's and another way back.
-Josh's route to Toccoa and back down through SC
-Athens
-That Quarry Ride we did
-Savannah
-Grovetown to Waynesboro
Great Work! Unfortunately, my house hold goods are being delivered this weekend and I'll be spending the holiday unpacking and setting up furniture and crap...
__________________
"Because FYYFF, that's why!"

Oh, and- No matter how good life is, It never ends well.
Infidel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #4649
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler
 
Laura0107's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: SC Midlands
Oddometer: 1,121
David, you are the man!

Are you bikeless right now?

This makes me want to go exploring again. I caught a vintage observed trials bug last year and am hopelessly addicted. My DR feels like a huge beast now after riding trials almost exclusively for the last 8 months.
__________________
Sandlapper Braaaappper - Savannah River Rambling - SC Dirt! - On a perpetual dirty road tour in the land of Hicks and Nothing...
Laura0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #4650
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!
 
sdthorpe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Augusta, GA
Oddometer: 536
I am bikeless.... Hopefully not for long though.

Everything is greater than 50/50 I'd say, Cat, you've ridden all of this, what do you say it is?
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014