Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #3676
MoodyGS
Going round the bend

Oddometer: 149
Accelerator

I see from this thread that the makers of the AIIR are saying that there is a challenge with the products performance.
I have a 2012 r1200 GS and have ordered the "accelerator" module from over seas.
Does the same performance issue apply to the " Accelerator" as well?
It has not yet arrived, probably still on the sleigh.
Anty thoughts would be appreciated from this amazing forum.
Stephen
Old 12-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #3677
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyGS View Post

I see from this thread that the makers of the AIIR are saying that there is a challenge with the products performance.
No product challenge. Just you guys. The IICE Air plug-in upgrade, and the digital IICE Air, works on all the models.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 12-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #3678
MoodyGS
Going round the bend

Oddometer: 149
Apology

Sorry Poolside if I have my facts incorrect (and spelling of your product). I am simply an ill informed owner of a r1200gs bike with a lumpy on off throttle. Looking to cure the challenge and not get in anyone's way.
Stephen

ndirect canted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
No product challenge. Just you guys. The IICE Air plug-in upgrade, and the digital IICE Air, works on all the models.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #3679
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyGS View Post

Sorry Poolside if I have my facts incorrect (and spelling of your product). I am simply an ill informed owner of a r1200gs bike with a lumpy on off throttle. Looking to cure the challenge and not get in anyone's way.
A good argument can be made that I have taken the cake in the matter of being ill-informed. But all is well, there's the upgrade plug-in for the Air, and new development on the horizon. The Accelerator should work fine for you.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #3680
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
It's like 50's radio here. The hits just keep on coming.

No product challenge? So the fact that the IIce Air does not work properly on any bike other than the 1150 is not a challenge? Given the scope of this issue, your confidence is remarkable.

What is a "digital IIce Air"? Can we see one? Or maybe a data sheet of some sort of product brochure? You know, some actual technical info.

Works on all the models? Oh no, not again...
Old 12-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #3681
hopskipjump
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Can Poolside, and him alone resolve all of this?

I am waiting for what I thought was the ONLY product to be delivered thus far and all of this has me a bit worried about whether it will work on my '04 1100S with stumble and twitchy throttle response.

best to all!

thanks

SS from MI
Old 12-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #3682
filterwrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Check out......cobrausa.com for a whole new concept in fuel tuners.....not available for bmw.......yet........
Old 01-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #3683
hopskipjump
Adventurer

Hello, is anybody home???????????
Old 01-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #3684
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopskipjump View Post

Can Poolside, and him alone resolve all of this?

I am waiting for what I thought was the ONLY product to be delivered thus far and all of this has me a bit worried about whether it will work on my '04 1100S with stumble and twitchy throttle response.

best to all! thanks

SS from MI
Hey there, SS.

That's correct. The new IICE device is in active development and hasn't been delivered other than prototypes. The affected bikes for the IICE Air are other than the R850/R1100/R1150/K1200RS/GT/LT models. The IICE Air will work as designed on your R1100. I'll post a more detailed bike model list later today. There are two upgrade paths available. The next post says more about the current situation.

Jim

Old 01-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #3685
hopskipjump
Adventurer

much appreciated!

and the next round of devices ships when?

thanks..
Old 01-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #3686
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Q and A about the IICE Air plug-in part.

By now many of you are aware of the IICE Air temperature offset issue on BMW models using the BMS-K and BMS-C ECUs. I do not know when the issue started, but the when of it isn't so much important as what we're doing about it.

What are you doing about it? If you own an IICE Air, and a bike model that may be affected, a free calibration plug-in part is yours for the asking. The plug-in part restores the temperature offset back to where it should be on the affected bikes. Here is a link to the IICE Air Fitment Chart.

You mentioned that I could upgrade to the upcoming new device instead of the plug-in part. How does that work? Yes you can, and the choice is yours. Choose the plug-in part, or upgrade to the new dual-function device. The upgrade device is price-adjusted for everyone who purchased an IICE Air. The details about that will be in the Vendors thread on Monday night.

Why didn't you find out about this issue sooner? I wish we had! I think this was the main reason. The -30C jumper setting on the Air gives approximately 60% of the nominal power/driveability increase. The -30C setting works well enough that 400 of the Airs were shipped for use with affected bikes, and only a few people thought anything might have been wrong. A few of you good people did mention it, and I brushed you off. For that I apologize. I put you in with the group associated with roger 04 rt. Not that this justifies my actions, but a few negative reports out of 400 did not seem like a product issue, especially as compared with the many dozens of good reports of the IICE Air on the R1200. The bottom line is I'm sorry this happened, and either solution is available to you.

Is my IICE Air affected? Any bike model that uses the BMS-C or BMS-K ECUs can receive the plug-in part. That means any bike model other than the R850/R1100/R1150/K1200RS/GT/LT models. Here is a link to the IICE Air Fitment Chart.

What is the status of the upgrade part? A small number of boards will be here in 10-14 days. When they arrive I'll assemble them and check them for fit and clearance. If no revisions are necessary the small number of assembled boards will be delivered, and I'll order a larger quantity of boards and parts.

What do I do until then? In the interim, on the affected bikes, you can operate the Air on the -30 jumper setting. The -30 setting gives approximately 60% of the nominal power/driveability increase. The -30 setting works well enough that 400 of the Airs were shipped for use on affected bikes, and only a few people thought anything might have been wrong. I wish we would have found out sooner.

In summary, if you have an IICE Air the free plug-in part is in the works, as well as the new dual-function device. The double-barreled IICE Smooth and digital IICE Air. If you choose to upgrade to the new device, the full price of the Air is applied to the new device. Your choice. We'll be posting the details in the Vendors thread on Monday night.

Have a great 2014 everyone!
Jim

Poolside screwed with this post 01-07-2014 at 10:45 AM Reason: Added links to the Fitment Chart
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #3687
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,213
Hotrodding the GS

Woohoo! Two into one sounds good. This was always a 3 part product with the Air just being a necessary pre-cursor to the Cool and the Smooth. That was always clear, at least to me.

So our ADV communal garage/basement upgrade experiment continues. IN For the new thigamagig.

The process evolves but the process continues.

slowoldguy screwed with this post 01-04-2014 at 08:39 AM
Old 01-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #3688
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,959
Hey, that's great news, thanks for the update.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #3689
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,213
Hotrodding the GS

lol. It has been pointed out to me that I have a "unique" way of translating Poolside's post. One fella thought my translation was preferable. ;)

What I read and responded to was:

"Hey, man. Something got bad fucked up. Didn't work as I designed on some bikes. Maybe yours. My bad. Sucks. I'll fix it for everybody in step 2 and give you full credit for what you paid for step 1. Or, if you don't want to go on with our communal experiment, and you have an affected bike, I will get you a fix to make it work as designed. Gratis."

Yeah. That's how I translated it. ;)

slowoldguy screwed with this post 01-04-2014 at 09:10 AM
Old 01-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #3690
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post

Woohoo! Two-into-one sounds good. This was always a 3 part product with the Air just being a necessary pre-cursor to the Cool and the Smooth. That was always clear, at least to me.
Yes, that was always the plan. The Air, Cool, and Smooth. A digital IICE Air design was never seriously on the road map. And we were ready to move on to the Smooth and Cool.

You could say that the temperature shift problem on the IICE Air forced the issue. A few of us ADVriders spent many hours discussing whether to develop the 2-in-1 IICE Smooth and IICE Air digital. In the end, it looked like the right way to go to, and to provide it as an option.

Poolside screwed with this post 01-05-2014 at 05:24 AM Reason: Clear
Closed Thread