Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #1816
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Are blood types now mandatory on the screens on competitor bikes ?
I believe it has always been required to have it on the bike somewhere. It is also required on the helmet. If for no other reason, to identify which bike belongs to any particular rider, and in the event that the riders helmet is damaged preventing the docs from knowing blood type.

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #1817
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,588
Quote:
Dude, you need to sit back and watch for a minute.

///

4 hours and 10 new pages. Is that all?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #1818
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,220
its fashion, these days. kinda immaterial, because they're giving you 0+ anyway. It aint like the days before good fridgerators
Old 01-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #1819
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
in El País:

KTM will have four numbers one, four top drivers all aspiring to win the trophy : Coma, Ruben Faria, Francisco Lopez and Jordi Viladoms. No water carriers. Each run his race. That changes the structure and changes strategies, at least until, late in the competition, the race will define who are the favorites. Only then one of those numbers one sacrifice for any of his teammates.

"Today there are no team orders. The main thing is not to make mistakes; race put everyone in its place" said Coma. "After a few days we will see where we are each of us and where our competitors to develop a specific strategy," said Viladoms

"We are facing a new era. The Dakar this year is unpredictable. It is very open. It will be interesting for everyone, from the technical point of view, for the riders who will compete and the new generation coming, "predicts Coma

Despres has changed brand - "Now I can not know the potential of his motorcycle, or the opposite," said Coma - and the winner of four stages in 2013, Joan Barreda, climbs on a Honda made ​​expressly for the Dakar his water carrier is the world rally champion, Paulo Goçalves. So everything changes. Coma called it the New Age. "At the end of the day one have to run as much as possible. In such an open race as this is expected it to be you can't devote to mark anyone. We used to do it. Mark a rider is relatively easy, but three is impossible, "delves Coma.

http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/...19_704546.html
Old 01-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #1820
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,840
I think it is not mandatory. From seminars I have taken, the docs will always do a spot test to check blood type. You can write whatever you want there, but the test will be done to confirm it. Unless the orga asks for proofs of test regarding blood type. Otherwise the docs will just not risk it.

Now, what did we say this button was doing ?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #1821
mattomoto
2 wheels rule

Oddometer: 1,082
Quote:
Is that RPM cylinder there a camera?
Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #1822
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
its fashion, these days. kinda immaterial, because they're giving you 0+ anyway. It aint like the days before good fridgerators

Question: Do water carriers have to be declared before the race? I mean, I though Viladoms would be the watercarrier for Coma. Now they say they will race their own race. Is that to mix up the competitors? If you know that somebody is somebody else's watercarrier (that is a weird sentence...) then you can at least predict that the water carrier will stay a little bit behind the leader. Otherwise you are in the dark....
Old 01-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #1823
misc
dakar tracker

Oddometer: 310
monitor.trackingdakar.nl

Hmm... it's getting alive? ;-) Now lets catch some sleep. See you tomorrow ;-)

http://monitor.trackingdakar.nl/
Old 01-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #1824
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post

Question: Do water carriers have to be declared before the race? I mean, I though Viladoms would be the watercarrier for Coma. Now they say they will race their own race. Is that to mix up the competitors? If you know that somebody is somebody else's watercarrier (that is a weird sentence...) then you can at least predict that the water carrier will stay a little bit behind the leader. Otherwise you are in the dark....

I have a feeling its simply intra-team strategy who is who. Certainly the team members know which is which, but I couldnt believe its required to inform anyone what the pecking order of a particular team is.

I think they dont necessarily know what their own order is, having had it so unfortunately shaken up so recently. Thats why Coma says they'll run a few days, and see how it shakes down.

Its certainly kind of interesting though, that if a front runner has a bad wheel, the guy a few lengths back need not necessarily stop.

I think its interesting that for maybe the first time in a long time, KTM dont already know whats going to happen
Old 01-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #1825
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by misc View Post
Hmm... it's getting alive? ;-) Now lets catch some sleep. See you tomorrow ;-)

http://monitor.trackingdakar.nl/
$ sent. Thanks for your work.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #1826
misc
dakar tracker

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
$ sent. Thanks for your work.
Thanks a lot for your support! And of course everybody else who did or will do. I should really go to bed now! My Dakar started a few days ago already and I really need some rest now ;)
Old 01-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #1827
640 Armageddon
-oo-

€ sent.

Keep up the good work man

Caption ...

Old 01-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #1828
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,968
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I believe it has always been required to have it on the bike somewhere. It is also required on the helmet. If for no other reason, to identify which bike belongs to any particular rider, and in the event that the riders helmet is damaged preventing the docs from knowing blood type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
I think it is not mandatory. From seminars I have taken, the docs will always do a spot test to check blood type. You can write whatever you want there, but the test will be done to confirm it. Unless the orga asks for proofs of test regarding blood type. Otherwise the docs will just not risk it.
The answer is

Only those running with red blood.

As a matter of fact the regulations do say this:

11P 5) The name of the Rider and his blood type must feature on the right and left sides of the front of the Machine fairing, on the left and right sides of the helmet, on pain of being refused a start.

So that's two F5 penalties before the start, and a bonus point for Brimstone!! You may avoid the F5 penlty by paying an admission of guilt donation to misca.

Seriously, no need but I'm sure he wouldn't mind !

MISC thank you so very much for your tracker!!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #1829
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
So that's three F5 penalties before the start! You make avoid the F5 penlty by paying an admission of guilt donation to misca.

I said ''I think''

dammit! , I paid my contribution to misc, indeed the load on the server will be googlious this year

In return I will also post the 2014 teaser

OFFICIAL TEASER DAKAR 2014 από Dakar
Old 01-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #1830
NoExit
NoProblem

Oddometer: 343
Water carrier roles are clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
in El País:

KTM will have four numbers one, four top drivers all aspiring to win the trophy : Coma, Ruben Faria, Francisco Lopez and Jordi Viladoms. No water carriers. Each run his race. That changes the structure and changes strategies, at least until, late in the competition, the race will define who are the favorites. Only then one of those numbers one sacrifice for any of his teammates.
I don't believe it. KTM's made it pretty clear in all the pre-event press releases that Coma and Chaleco are the leaders, and Faria and and Jordi are water carriers.

From a Jan. 1 press release: "Jordi Villadoms, a late entry to the team, will be Coma’s support rider." And: "KTM Team Manager Alex Doringer says that while going for the overall Dakar win is a given, when competitors cross the finish line in Valparaiso, he would like to see Lopez on the podium in front of his home crowd."

Though it does sound like Jordi's chafing at the water carrier role already.

I've always wondered why the excellent Faria doesn't demand a lead spot, or move to a team where he'll be top dog.
Closed Thread